Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The answer to the rotation when amare and shumpert return (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284679)

el gringos 12-18-2012 03:01 AM

The answer to the rotation when amare and shumpert return

What would you do?

Kidd
Jr smith
Carmelo
Rasheed
Chandler

Then if you use not only amare but Felton and shumpert to play with him- that's the best bench in the league when you add in novak as their next shooter, Camby as the next big, and brewer as the next wing defender

Felton and shumpert would probobaly play more minutes a game still than both starting guards but that would put each individual player in the situation that would be best for them except maybe Felton and chandler. When amare comes back he needs to play the 2 man game with a pg, and jr needs a quicker hook when it's not working and more different opportunities seeing if he ccoukd get hot. Kidd would make a huge impact on jr, and the deduction making taken out of hrs hand by being w Kidd and Carmelo would make him that much more lethal as for the first time ever a 3rd ball handler instead of a primary ball handler.

The way you should look at it is do you continue to put Felton and chandler in the best positions to succeed and ask Carmelo and jr smith to fit around or do you put Carmelo, amare, and jr smith in the best positions to succeed.

The most important reason in your rotation should be to put your best players in the best position to succeed. The way Carmelo could play inside the 3 and around the hoop would blow your mind if he played with 3 shooters the caliber or Rasheed, jr, and Kidd

franchize 12-18-2012 12:47 PM

Re: The answer to the rotation when amare and shumpert return

I would start Amare until he proves he can't co-exist with Melo and Chandler. I think it was greatly exaggerated. Im going to need more than a few bad games under a terrible head coach to convince me to bench my second best player... especially on a team devoid of skilled players.

bluechox2 12-19-2012 06:32 AM

Al Iannazzone ‏@Al_Iannazzone
Amar'e got thru practice with D-League team. Said his knee is sore, which is expected. Not sure when he will make his season debut.

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria
Amar'e on a possible 6th man role: "Whatever it takes to win...I'm all about winning."

Rameek 12-19-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize
I would start Amare until he proves he can't co-exist with Melo and Chandler.

All threads that start talking about this should just have your quote Franchize. Although Amare because of injuries is a 25 minute player I agree with your statement.

franchize 12-19-2012 01:13 PM

I mean is it out of the realm of possibility that Amare Stoudemire could you know...be the top 5 PF he's been for a nice chunk of his career? Why are we just assuming he'll come in and screw everything up? I think everyone is basing things of what happened during the D'Antoni era but this team's psyche is 100% different than that team.

knickscity 12-19-2012 02:54 PM

Sometimes you have to do what's best.

Whether it's the bench or not in the beginning all that matters is the end.

They'll both be on the floor at the end of games, so that's where they better coexist.

franchize 12-19-2012 08:59 PM

I dont know about I Amare but this lineup with Prigioni and Thomas is horrendous. Those two should not be on an NBA court...especially Thomas. Im sorry but that guy is done. Even stuff he was doing a year or two back like rebounding and hitting open 15 footers is over with. He's about as washed up as you can get.

bluechox2 12-20-2012 09:51 AM

prigs shud get max 10 mins off the bench, i think hes really effective in those 10 minutes and amare will really give that bench some much needed fire power.

i like our starting 5 and when shump returns, id like to see him replace brewer.

i dont trust felton at all at pg so id rather keep Jkidd at the 2 spot to help stabilize the ball movement

i like to see

felton 28/ Kidd 10 / prigs 10
kidd 15 / JR 18 / shump 15
Shump 15/ bewer 10 / novak 10 / Melo 13
Melo 25 / Amare 15 / Sheed 8
Tyson 30 / Amare 10 / Sheed 8

knickscity 12-20-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluechox2
prigs shud get max 10 mins off the bench, i think hes really effective in those 10 minutes and amare will really give that bench some much needed fire power.

i like our starting 5 and when shump returns, id like to see him replace brewer.

i dont trust felton at all at pg so id rather keep Jkidd at the 2 spot to help stabilize the ball movement

i like to see

felton 28/ Kidd 10 / prigs 10
kidd 15 / JR 18 / shump 15
Shump 15/ bewer 10 / novak 10 / Melo 13
Melo 25 / Amare 15 / Sheed 8
Tyson 30 / Amare 10 / Sheed 8

Brewer can guard forwards, not sure if Shump can do that yet.

I like the minutes allotment though.

franchize 12-20-2012 01:27 PM

When Shump gets back, I don't wanan see this Felton/Kidd lineup anymore. Go with one or the other. I'd personally go with Felton and split minutes with Kidd but I'm not against it being the other way around. I want Shumpert to be our Sg. Period. He's an excellent perimeter defender and a nice slasher on offense.

Clutch 12-20-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize
When Shump gets back, I don't wanan see this Felton/Kidd lineup anymore. Go with one or the other. I'd personally go with Felton and split minutes with Kidd but I'm not against it being the other way around. I want Shumpert to be our Sg. Period. He's an excellent perimeter defender and a nice slasher on offense.

I agree. We can just hope his knee injury didn't take away too much of his athletic ability.

el gringos 12-20-2012 07:19 PM

For a team with great floor spacing so far through this season- this lineup would give the worst floor spacing possible

Felton
Shumpert
Carmelo
Amare
Chandler

The floor spacing and ball movement we've gotten to see would all go away for that unit

At least 2 of Rasheed, jr, Novak, or Kidd needs to be on the court anytime at least 2 of Carmelo, chandler, amare are.

Instead of using Kidd to make the game easier on Felton he should be there to help jr smith and shumpert.

Rameek 12-20-2012 10:25 PM

How come Conley, Rudy Gay, ZBO, Marc Gasol can work? How come Bosh, Wade, LBJ can work?

This is the most puzzling thing to me.

Scoooter 12-20-2012 11:56 PM

I would try something like bringing Felton, JR, and Amar'e off the bench together, with maybe Sheed at stretch 4/5. Start Kidd and Melo and maybe Brewer or Camby.

You could literally structure it so there's an All-Star (Amar'e, Melo) on the court at all times, with decen supporting talent.

Scoooter 12-21-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rameek
How come Conley, Rudy Gay, ZBO, Marc Gasol can work? How come Bosh, Wade, LBJ can work?

This is the most puzzling thing to me.

Marc Gasol is interesting because he can shoot mid-range jumpers (like Z-Bo) and he's an amazing passer. Chandler doesn't have anything approaching that skill set. Chandler is either catching lobs or getting in the way. And Amar'e and Melo are both at their best facing up mid-range and down.

Ditto MIA has LeBron, who can do anything.