Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   College and High School Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Jabari Parker still weighing college options (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284812)

insidehoops 12-19-2012 01:22 PM

Jabari Parker still weighing college options

Top high school recruit Jabari Parker of Chicago's Simeon Career Academy is still weighing his college options.

His father, Sonny, says he is trying to decide between Michigan State, Duke, Florida, Stanford and Brigham Young. Jabari Parker is scheduled to announce his choice Thursday during a news conference at Simeon.

Sonny Parker says his son is ''still undecided, still talking to the coaches and making sure that's he's going to make the right decision.''

-- AP

kNicKz 12-19-2012 04:46 PM

Re: Jabari Parker still weighing college options

kids think they're Lebron now gracing us with there decision. Just come out and say it when you've decided, until then play basketball and stfu

InspiredLebowski 12-19-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kNicKz
kids think they're Lebron now gracing us with there decision. Just come out and say it when you've decided, until then play basketball and stfu

Parker's handled this as well as any elite recruit can or has in years. These announcement pressers were going on before anyone had even heard of Lebron.

Burgz V2 12-19-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Parker has handled this way opposite than what you think if that's what you believe.

At the beginning of his recruitment him and his father said that they wouldn't be heavily involving themselves in the hoopla that is college basketball because, frankly, Parker can choose any school he wants.

he has said VERY little up until a month ago. he initially stated that he would wait until the NEXT signing period (after the HS season) but instead decided to announce early and get it out of the way.

i hate to say but you couldnt be more wrong about Parker, he is nothing like that. and these announcement press conferences have been going on for the almost 30 years now, he's not copying LeBron.

kNicKz 12-19-2012 07:09 PM

I was talking about recruiting classes (past and present) in general , not jabari but it is annoying hearing a new date of his decision every week

kNicKz 12-19-2012 07:12 PM

really though, dude puts uconn on his list and takes them off like 2 days later?

**** you jabari

IGotACoolStory 12-19-2012 07:58 PM

It was always going to come down to Duke or MSU.

I chatted with Kendall Marshall's father and he said almost every recruit has a list of about 5 schools he will legitimately consider going to. That list usually becomes 2 very quickly.

These kids keep the schools on their list for many reasons. More attention, the "he turned down so and so", and some schools request to stay on a list because it helps to be a finalist for a top tier recruit.

I still think Duke for Jabari, even if some are saying MSU again. Maybe in the very off chance that helps UNC with Wiggins.

kNicKz 12-19-2012 08:22 PM

I hope he goes to BYU (out of hatred for Duke+Michigan State) but doubt that will happen

irondarts 12-19-2012 08:43 PM

That would be hilarious if he chose BYU.

He is a devout mormon after all.

Burgz V2 12-20-2012 05:52 AM

please pick MSU, for the love of god please pick MSU

kNicKz 12-20-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burgz V2
please pick MSU, for the love of god please pick MSU

:biggums:

Burgz V2 12-20-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

:biggums:

been an MSU fan since i was 7 yrs old. the suspense is killing me

IGotACoolStory 12-20-2012 03:06 PM

To MSU?

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/a... lick_check=1

Someone jumped the gun or wrote up two different pieces (one to Duke and one to MSU) and accidentally hit the submit button.

Yep, wrote two stories and the MSU one was accidentally posted.

Joe Rexrode ‏@joerexrode
Apologies to all. Had to send early Parker stories because of wireless issue at school. Someone mistakenly posted early. No decision yet

lol, now some are saying Florida. What the ****

michaelsobrien: I have one source telling me that the decision is STILL up in the air. That it is going to be a last minute choice. Florida coming on strong
michaelsobrien: Gossip is that Jabari Parker is leaning to Florida and his parents want Duke. Haven't heard much MSU chatter the past few hours.

Still think it's between Duke and MSU and he's going to choose Duke.

IGotACoolStory 12-20-2012 04:23 PM

Yep, he chose Duke. Nothing surprising here.

Burgz V2 12-20-2012 04:46 PM

i always figured he'd choose Duke. academics at Duke are better than MSU and it's hard to stop Coach K from landing a guy once he has the inside track.

i wanted him to go to MSU so badly, but i think he made the right decision anyways, Coach K will make him a monster