Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Cousins suspended by Kings....has to be some player movement (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=285252)

Jballer 12-24-2012 01:04 PM

Cousins suspended by Kings....has to be some player movement

Cousins is suspended indefinetely by the Kings Management and coaches for insubordination and attitude is what I am reading...

Not that I want Cousins in Toronto - not saying that.

I suspect however that Cousins is done in Sacremento. He has to move somewhere (Cleveland ?)

Cousins makes about $3.9M per the article on his rookie deal and with TEvans not seeming to meet expectations.....

I suspect player movement across some teams and I would project the Raptors will get into the movement. Perhaps a 3 way deal....

Zan Tabak 12-24-2012 01:49 PM

Re: Cousins suspended by Kings....has to be some player movement

If it wasn't for Cousins stink-azz attitude I'd gladly take him on the raps. He's a helluva talent.

RapsFan 12-24-2012 02:45 PM

He was back at practice Monday it looks like. He won't be going anywhere I doubt. 'Indefinite' suspension lasted less then a week.

Burgz V2 12-24-2012 03:21 PM

worth taking a chance on? Maybe. But worth an extension and as a long term investment? right now, hell to the mothereffing no.

Mixed on Evans. Seems to need the ball in his hands in order to be effective, but when he's healthy he can slice up a lot of defences.

Skywalker 12-24-2012 06:22 PM

no thanks, we'll draft someone who isn't a headcase to be our franchise player

Beebo 12-24-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker

Andrew Wiggins :banana:

Himan12 12-24-2012 10:46 PM

Something wrong with that kid.

lilbeastnani 12-25-2012 12:34 AM

Demarcus Cousins, Andrew Bynum. 2 guys that talent or not I would never want to see in a Raptors uniform. I think Cousins would be good on a team like Boston. The coach is a "players coach" but the players police themselves. I don't know who they'd trade to get him though since he's still on his rookie deal. Doubtful that he gets traded anytime soon.

Dr.Funk 12-25-2012 09:47 AM

Gregg Popovich and Doug Collins I think may be the only two coaches right now that could reign Cousins in and I think Boston could it because like as mentioned the veteran players there don't take that shit.

Burgz V2 12-25-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker

...said Raptors fans for the last 4 years.

This years draft is weak. No franchise players will be within our reach until 2014, and even then, who knows what shitty moves BC will pull in order to "win now" and subsequently, ruin our draft position.

Legends66NBA7 12-25-2012 12:06 PM

I'd say, fuck it... let's take a chance on this guy. He's not someone I like very much either, but could you build around him ? Sure and when's last time the Raptors took a gamble for a trade or free agency ? Jermaine O'Neal and Shawn Marion, which only lasted 1 season. :oldlol:

If he never took a jump shot ever, he would be such a force inside. I say go for it.

bokes15 12-26-2012 01:22 AM

posted in wrong thread:

We don't have a strong enough culture (coaches or players or management) to handle a guy like Cousins. I'm normally the one to say let's go ahead and take a risk. And I was an advocate for picking up guys like J.R. Smith, Matt Barnes and David West. But theres a difference between tough guys that are overly emotional with their on-court play and guys who are equally as controversial with their own teammates and coaches. Those guys hurt more than they help and I would put DC in that category.

lilbeastnani 01-04-2013 10:03 PM

Cousins has been a monster since his return and getting called out by his teammates.

vs Portland 15/10/5/1/3
vs Boston 10/10/10/1
vs Detroit 21/14/2/3
vs Cleveland 18/16/6/1/2
vs Toronto 31/20/4/2

I don't think they have any reason to trade him at this point if he keeps his attitude in check. That is, unless they hire Brwnman on the staff as a consultant. :hammertime: