Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   You be the GM: New York Jets (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=285311)

knickballer 12-25-2012 08:49 AM

You be the GM: New York Jets
 
I'm going to post several offseason threads for NFL teams and our job is to come up with offseason scenarios that the team should make(realistic) It will probably fail but it's fun and interesting to see the scenarios

Needs: OL, S, WR, QB, Pass Rush
Cap Room entering offseason: 4.2mil?

Moves:
Cut/trade: Calvin Pace, Bart Scott, Eric Smith and Tim Tebow (Saves approximately 21mil in space!)
Trade- Mark Sanchez and a 2nd or 3rd round pick to eliminate his contract, possibly a team will bite with cap space and take a chance on him(Chiefs, Jags, Minny, etc)
Sign: Alex Smith or even Flacco to be QB
Sign: Greg Jennings or Mike Wallace to big contract
Look to sign affordable players at: OL, S, ILB


Draft in 1st: OL= Lewan, Womack??
3rd- Change of pace back to compliment Greene
4th- ILB
5th- Safety
6th- OLB

Real Men Wear Green 12-25-2012 10:06 AM

Re: You be the GM: New York Jets
 
How do you trade Sanchez? Wh is going to pay him 8 mil?

knickballer 12-25-2012 10:29 AM

Re: You be the GM: New York Jets
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
How do you trade Sanchez? Wh is going to pay him 8 mil?


By offering any team a draft pick(2nd or 3rd round) to bite on the deal.. I think a team with cap space like the Jags(unlikely since they are Tebow territory) or maybe KC that are looking for a QB may pay him 8mil as well as getting a draft pick in return. It's not a bad trade at all for KC for example and that allows them to take the BPA in the draft(although I think they need to draft Barkley)

Hell maybe the Browns will look to groom Sanchez after Weeden retires lulz..
Maybe the Cards?

Point is that second or third round pick that the jets are offering to unload Sanchez will make a team bite imo.

Carbine 12-25-2012 11:56 AM

Re: You be the GM: New York Jets
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by knickballer
By offering any team a draft pick(2nd or 3rd round) to bite on the deal.. I think a team with cap space like the Jags(unlikely since they are Tebow territory) or maybe KC that are looking for a QB may pay him 8mil as well as getting a draft pick in return. It's not a bad trade at all for KC for example and that allows them to take the BPA in the draft(although I think they need to draft Barkley)

Hell maybe the Browns will look to groom Sanchez after Weeden retires lulz..
Maybe the Cards?

Point is that second or third round pick that the jets are offering to unload Sanchez will make a team bite imo.


I would buy the 2nd draft pick and backup quarterback (Sanchez) for 8 million in a heart beat, as a Colts fan.

Then cut him after the year is over.

irondarts 12-25-2012 12:12 PM

Re: You be the GM: New York Jets
 
I would likely take on Sanchez as a backup if a 2nd rounder and a late round pick were included, but I wouldn't give them anything back besides a 7th rounder. I still think it may be hard for the Jets to find someone to take him, they might just have to cut him.

Carbine 12-25-2012 12:42 PM

Re: You be the GM: New York Jets
 
It shouldn't be that hard to find someone willing to pay 8 million for a backup (or starting QB if you buy into him that much) and a 2nd round pick.

I'd even do it for the 3rd round pick they have no questions asked.

jazz873 12-25-2012 12:52 PM

Re: You be the GM: New York Jets
 
Sign Bowe

ALBballer 12-25-2012 01:26 PM

Re: You be the GM: New York Jets
 
Not sure what the cap ramifications are but if the Jets can trade Sanchez and not take a cap hit they should probably do it. They have little cap flexibility and need to add some offensive players. I would look into Alex Smith who would provide them with a QB that will limit run the offense and not turn the ball over and sign a RB.

Heavincent 12-26-2012 12:19 AM

Re: You be the GM: New York Jets
 
Offer Sanchez and a 4th round pick for Matt Flynn.

Cut Bart Scott, Eric Smith, Calvin Pace, and Jason Smith.

Trade Tebow to Jacksonville.

Resign Braylon Edwards, Laron Landry, Mike DeVito and Austin Howard.

Give Revis a new contract.

Try to sign Cliff Avril.

Get a half decent receiver (don't know who the free agent receivers are)

Draft a QB in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round to compete with Flynn.

Draft a RB.

Draft a receiver in the 1st or 2nd round.

Sign/draft a guard.

There's my half assed mock without much thought put into it.

BrickingStar 12-27-2012 01:38 AM

Re: You be the GM: New York Jets
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavincent
Offer Sanchez and a 4th round pick for Matt Flynn.

Cut Bart Scott, Eric Smith, Calvin Pace, and Jason Smith.

Trade Tebow to Jacksonville.

Resign Braylon Edwards, Laron Landry, Mike DeVito and Austin Howard.

Give Revis a new contract.

Try to sign Cliff Avril.

Get a half decent receiver (don't know who the free agent receivers are)

Draft a QB in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round to compete with Flynn.

Draft a RB.

Draft a receiver in the 1st or 2nd round.

Sign/draft a guard.

There's my half assed mock without much thought put into it.

No way in hell if that's all you're going to do in your roster. Jets are in cap hell. Not even sure you can resign all of those too with just those cuts.

Charlie Sheen 12-28-2012 10:11 AM

Re: You be the GM: New York Jets
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavincent
Offer Sanchez and a 4th round pick for Matt Flynn.

Cut Bart Scott, Eric Smith, Calvin Pace, and Jason Smith.

Trade Tebow to Jacksonville.

Resign Braylon Edwards, Laron Landry, Mike DeVito and Austin Howard.

Give Revis a new contract.

Try to sign Cliff Avril.

Get a half decent receiver (don't know who the free agent receivers are)

Draft a QB in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round to compete with Flynn.

Draft a RB.

Draft a receiver in the 1st or 2nd round.

Sign/draft a guard.

There's my half assed mock without much thought put into it.


Jets learned nothing if they resign Landry. Let some other team pay him off for 2012.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy