Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Nets - Knicks Trade that makes too much sense (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=285397)

iDunk 12-25-2012 10:41 PM

Nets - Knicks Trade that makes too much sense

Nets send:
Gerald Wallace
Kris Humphries

Knicks send:
Amare Stoudemire
Ronnie Brewer

Nets are already the most contract heavy team, what's another contract? Plus they get an "Avery type" player in Avery.

Knicks get rid of STAT and get a player that complements Melo nicely in Wallace & a nice big off the bench that can rebound & scrap.

Williams/Johnson/Brewer/Stoudemire/Lopez

^^ That could be potent.

Felton/Kidd/Wallace/Anthony/Chandler

^^ That lineup can be really dangerous, great mix of offense & defense.

wally_world 12-26-2012 12:19 AM

Re: Nets - Knicks Trade that makes too much sense

It does make sense, but division rivals dont just make trades like that :/

tpols 12-26-2012 12:24 AM

I'd rather give you jj and I think he'd fit better for you guys with his shooting. We need slasher and pick and rollers.

MeLO MvP 15 12-26-2012 12:27 AM

I think it's way too good for us. I mean, Wallace is almost the ideal SF to have next to Melo at the 4. I mean they can both cover both positions well and Wallace is versatile enough to do all the little things while still getting some points. I hate Hump, but he's a good rebounder which would be really useful.

Brooklyn wouldn't do it unless Stoudemire looks really good in his return. And if he does, NY probably wouldn't do it. I mean a Deron-STAT pick and roll is deadly and they could use a main scoring option to move Lopez to the #2 and Deron as the facilitator. Although Stoudemire-Lopez would be the worst rebounding frontcourt in the league.

StateOfMind12 12-26-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
I think it's way too good for us

Patrick Chewing 12-26-2012 12:43 AM

After watching Wallace hustle like crazy today after his team quit on him, that's a guy I definitely want on my team.

iDunk 12-26-2012 11:42 PM

@BillSimmons
Quote:

I can't wait for Brooklyn's panic-trade for Amar'e 3 weeks from now. It's already my favorite sports moment of 2013.

Bill Simmons also predicts that this will happen. That would be great for the NBA IMO to add another spark to this rivalry.

KyrieTheFuture 12-26-2012 11:46 PM

Knicks would be title favorites. Nets would continue to blow.

Draz 12-26-2012 11:48 PM

Ill do it in a heart beat. Humps is a hard working player.

niko 12-26-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpols
I'd rather give you jj and I think he'd fit better for you guys with his shooting. We need slasher and pick and rollers.

No thanks, we move Amare and get back a longer shittier contract attached to a player (unlike Amare) who looks like he wants out of NY as soon as possible.

el gringos 12-26-2012 11:51 PM

Only of Toronto wants the big expirer in humphries and the starting sf in Wallace. It's a great trade idea anytime Bargnani ends up a knick

bagelred 12-26-2012 11:56 PM

There is NO WAY James Dolan allows Amar'e to be traded to the Nets. No chance. None.

Close thread.

knickswin 12-26-2012 11:56 PM

it doesn't really do us much good ... I'm starting to think what the knicks lack is slashing and penetration

fpliii 12-26-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
Knicks would be title favorites. Nets would continue to blow.

hmmmmmm

Patrick Chewing 12-27-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickswin
it doesn't really do us much good ... I'm starting to think what the knicks lack is slashing and penetration

Wallace is a penetrator. He's built differently than Amar'e. He's not as tall, but has dexterity. Humps is just a rebounder and a goon that fits that NY style.