Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What happened to Baron Davis? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=285904)

thatoneblackguy 12-31-2012 05:30 PM

What happened to Baron Davis?

Last I remember is he was getting yelled at by Donald Sterling and being called fat and then got shipped to Cleveland. Oh, and also:

knickswin 12-31-2012 05:32 PM

Re: What happened to Baron Davis?

he had a horrific knee injury in the playoffs last year and now the knicks pay him to hang out ... pretty good gig ...

ZeN 12-31-2012 05:33 PM

Nothing. Hes still alive.

DMV2 12-31-2012 05:34 PM

Went to New York. Got injured. Linsanity arrived. Lin got injured. Boom returns. Got a nasty knee injury in the playoffs vs the Heat.

Youtube search and you might find his gruesome injury. Boom was a boss though when was carried out in a stretcher.

thatoneblackguy 12-31-2012 05:35 PM

That's right, thanks for refreshing my memory. Hope he can lace 'em up again in the future, hate to see any player go out like that.

SacJB Shady 12-31-2012 05:36 PM

he is done

bd#1pguard 12-31-2012 05:36 PM

he'll be back supposedly mid next season, he said he's not retiring. I read that off of some social media thing i dont remember which one.

DMV2 12-31-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickswin
he had a horrific knee injury in the playoffs last year and now the knicks pay him to hang out ... pretty good gig ...

He's still out recovering, right?

Is he expected to return sometime later this season?

knickswin 12-31-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMV2
He's still out recovering, right?

Is he expected to return sometime later this season?

he says he plans on returning, but he's old and it was a really bad injury that's going to require serious rehab. I doubt he finds it worth the trouble to go through with it. If I had to guess, I think he's done.

inclinerator 12-31-2012 05:42 PM

probably getting fat from the 5 star restaurants, living the good life

Bandito 12-31-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickswin
he says he plans on returning, but he's old and it was a really bad injury that's going to require serious rehab. I doubt he finds it worth the trouble to go through with it. If I had to guess, I think he's done.

if he has a lot of baby mamas he might come back for a year or so...

bd#1pguard 12-31-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandito
if he has a lot of baby mamas he might come back for a year or so...

haha i doubt it, the only one he has ever been linked to was teri hatcher. dude might be gay

Patrick Chewing 12-31-2012 07:07 PM

Gonna retire a Knick. Hopefully will be back as a veteran presence a la Jason Kidd.

DMV2 12-31-2012 07:09 PM

If the Knicks can get into the 2nd Round or ECF, maybe Boom can get on the floor by then.

knickswin 12-31-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Gonna retire a Knick. Hopefully will be back as a veteran presence a la Jason Kidd.

man, he was with us last year and he was a pretty disappointing "veteran presence." his brain is not in the same stratosphere as jason kidd's. I feel like even rasheed has been giving us more than baron did. baron takes dumb, dumb shots and just doesn't have the legs to play his game anymore.