Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   whatever you do, don't ever sell sh!t on ebay (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=285954)

Bucket_Nakedz 01-01-2013 06:34 AM

whatever you do, don't ever sell sh!t on ebay

fukk ebay and paypal. fukk them to hell!!!

Bucket_Nakedz 01-01-2013 06:44 AM

Re: whatever you do, don't ever sell sh!t on ebay

your item has sold! but wait, you need to ship it to your buyer immediately. also, when your buyer receives the item, and is satisfied with their purchase, they need to give you a "positive feedback" and then we will release the funds into your paypal account after we take out our 12 percent fee of course.

if the buyer doesn't leave a feedback, you'll have to wait 21 business days unless the buyer is dissatisfied and wants a return.

i'm so glad i did a test run on a small product. tried to do the right thing, but this is some fukking bullsh!t!!!

niko 01-01-2013 09:08 AM

I've made literally thousands upon thousands of dollars on ebay so i disagree 100%. Ebay also has made it that if you ship with a tracking number it's pretty hard for people to try to get over on you.

ukballer 01-01-2013 09:31 AM

I've sold a lot of old video games on Ebay and have never had a problem with them, the people I've sold to, or Paypal. Same when it comes to buying as well, never had a problem.

Don't entirely understand your gripe, it's a pretty simple system.

BuffaloBill 01-01-2013 09:34 AM

You tried to sell shit? Well there's your problem right there. No one wants to buy shit. I could be wrong though.

franchise#3 01-01-2013 09:43 AM

I think only new sellers have to wait for 21 days. I've sold loads of stuff on ebay, to be honest I was so happy 'cause I was about to throw most of it out and then on ebay I got like $500 for it. The fees are kinda high though, considering paypal is owned by eBay.

knickballer 01-01-2013 09:50 AM

Ebay isn't bad at all. You just have to manipulate the selling options so you pay the least amount of fees. For example if you just do a "Buy it Now" you'll have to pay a fee but if you do a 7 day auction you don't have to pay a fee and you can even add a buy it now feature without the fee.

You're doing it wrong OP.

flipogb 01-01-2013 10:11 AM

sell like a professional even if you are just getting rid of some old stuff, its basic customer service. just list your own rules clearly in detail and the customer will pay your right away and stay in contact with them so they know they are getting the items. paypal is what it is, know the process and expect the time delays and you wont be upset.

if you want it simple, then go craigslist or have a yard sale

DCL 01-01-2013 01:20 PM

don't know about the seller's part, but the buyer's part is pretty secure. even if the seller is a d!ck and doesn't send you your sh!t and won't respond, you can just open a case and report his ass and the money gets refunded back to you.

Bucket_Nakedz 01-01-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flipogb
sell like a professional even if you are just getting rid of some old stuff, its basic customer service. just list your own rules clearly in detail and the customer will pay your right away and stay in contact with them so they know they are getting the items. paypal is what it is, know the process and expect the time delays and you wont be upset.

if you want it simple, then go craigslist or have a yard sale

of course. i understand the rules, but i obviously didn't do enough research. i know about dodging fees with auctions and such, in which i did put the item i sold to a 3 day auction. i could've chose the no return option, but since this was my first item i was trying to sell, i figure putting a 7 day return would make the sale safe and entice buyers to commit.

i included free shipping, since i live in alaska, it can be a pain, but it only ran me back about 8 dollars with insurance and tracking. the buyer got the item in 3 days, but what im so pissed off about is how ebay/paypal is holding the money for 21 days since the buyer didn't leave a feedback. it sucks, but i can't knock the buyer, and its been over a week so he/she obviously liked the item.

they should only hold your money for however long the return option is, but no, they wanna hold my money so they can gain interest because their greedy cawk suckaz.

basically, if you're new seller on ebay, you're fukked! /lessonlearned

nathanjizzle 01-01-2013 04:04 PM

you pay 75 cents for tracking number, input the tracking number in ebay and paypal and they will release your funds in a few days. once you develop a reputation of good transaction they will lift pending transaction so you can receive money immediately.

grow up and learn something u nagger.

Bucket_Nakedz 01-01-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
you pay 75 cents for tracking number, input the tracking number in ebay and paypal and they will release your funds in a few days. once you develop a reputation of good transaction they will lift pending transaction so you can receive money immediately.

grow up and learn something u nagger.

omg i am such a fukking idiot. i didn't know u had to put the tracking info on paypal too lol... still, i emailed the buyer the tracking number prior though not officially through paypal :facepalm. anyway, thanks for the heads up dad.

Pushxx 01-02-2013 02:57 AM

Don't sell to people with no feedback.

irondarts 01-03-2013 02:06 AM

I sell all my stuff through amazon marketplace. I've had nothing but positive experiences, except today I had a frustrating experience with a buyer.

OK so, yesterday I sold this person one of my old textbooks for 103 dollars. This morning I shipped the book and literally 2 hours after I shipped the book (and about 14 hours after they bought it from me) they requested a return because the book will get there too late and be useless to them. I shipped it so it would be there on Friday. WTF???? This whole situation seemed bizarre and made no sense so I authorized the return but informed her she would only be refunded after I received my book back from her. So now I'm going to have to wait at least a week to get the book back before I can re-list it, which sucks because most college semesters will have started by then and it will be harder to sell.

Budadiiii 01-03-2013 02:20 AM

you clearly don't know whats your doing