Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Happy New Year! Laker game tonight (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=285979)

lakerfreak 01-01-2013 06:45 PM

Happy New Year! Laker game tonight
 
Happy New Year laker fans. Its been a dull few days on here since Christmas where we earned a huge victory. Now it is time to resume the season.

Let us hope these laker players have made it a new years' resolution to start fresh, and enjoy the game of basketball. If they have fun, they will have a great start to this season.

We just beat the sixers a week or two ago. Should be a nice easy game as we face them at home. Lets go lakers!

LosLakers 01-02-2013 02:21 AM

Re: Happy New Year! Laker game tonight
 
:banghead: damnit :banghead: :banghead:

DKLaker 01-02-2013 02:27 AM

Re: Happy New Year! Laker game tonight
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Happy New Year laker fans. Its been a dull few days on here since Christmas where we earned a huge victory. Now it is time to resume the season.

Let us hope these laker players have made it a new years' resolution to start fresh, and enjoy the game of basketball. If they have fun, they will have a great start to this season.

We just beat the sixers a week or two ago. Should be a nice easy game as we face them at home. Lets go lakers!


Happy New Year to you and everyone on here!!!!!

New year.......some old 'Antoni basketball........nuff said.

Sixers didn't have Jrue Holiday when we beat them.....obviously it was a meaningless victory. They whipped us and still didn't even have Bynum.
Our coaching clock is ticking.....can you hear it? Sounds like a change coming next season.......again.

lakerfreak 01-02-2013 04:57 AM

Re: Happy New Year! Laker game tonight
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
Happy New Year to you and everyone on here!!!!!

New year.......some old 'Antoni basketball........nuff said.

Sixers didn't have Jrue Holiday when we beat them.....obviously it was a meaningless victory. They whipped us and still didn't even have Bynum.
Our coaching clock is ticking.....can you hear it? Sounds like a change coming next season.......again.


Yeah two bad coaching deals. You think the first mistake is not hiring phil. I personally think we shoulda made Brian Shaw our man. The players loved him, and he had plenty of experience for a shot. The league is changing. No more old fashioned half court boring stuff. Athleticism, three point shots, and young smart coaches.

L.A. Jazz 01-02-2013 06:50 AM

Re: Happy New Year! Laker game tonight
 
watching the NBA regular season i look at what teams do in crunch time. Good teams find a way to win games (even when playing bad), mediorce teams only win when the played good the whole game and bad teams find ways to loose (even when they played good).

And our Lakers are such a mediocre team. Talented group with bad habits and that shows in crunch time. the dunk that sealed the game for the 76ers was the summary for this team.

DKLaker 01-02-2013 02:12 PM

Re: Happy New Year! Laker game tonight
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Jazz
watching the NBA regular season i look at what teams do in crunch time. Good teams find a way to win games (even when playing bad), mediorce teams only win when the played good the whole game and bad teams find ways to loose (even when they played good).

And our Lakers are such a mediocre team. Talented group with bad habits and that shows in crunch time. the dunk that sealed the game for the 76ers was the summary for this team.


Crunch time......since we have no halfcourt offense it's hard to win.
The other problem is that our coach doesn't have the slightest desire to play defense, it's no surprise that the dunk happened, we have no defensive identity, so attitude, no swagger.....this problem comes directly from the coach.
I was amazed by the complete lack of defensive rotation, no one knows what their role is so we quite often have 2 or 3 guys running to pick someone up....or no one because they think someone else is going to pick the guy up.
Some guys just need to have a coach yell at them to do the obvious.......Pau....wtf was he thinking in a 2 point game late, he should've been guarding his man and not sagging so far away, then he should've been moving to close out on him when the ball was swung to him but he never even moved until he went up with the shot. I think someone was yelling at him because he was looking at someone all the way up the floor and gesturing that he thought it was someone else's fault.....just dumb.

Too much standing around on offense.....late in the game when Metta was wide open for a 3, the rest of the team stopped way behind the 3pt line as they usually do in that situation, had he shot it they were not even going to attempt to rebound the ball if he missed. If you are behind late you HAVE TO attempt to rebound every miss, one 2nd chance basket can make all the difference. Overall we just watch, no cutting no crashing the boards.....unless Jordan Hill is in. Dwight and Pau have been detached from any importance by our clueless coach....it's embarrassing and I don't think there is another coach in the NBA who would do this poor of a job with this level of talent.

It is extremely hard for me to watch from a coaching perspective.....'Antoni just flat out doesn't get it. If I owned the team i would fire him now and not waste any time......I am pissed I couldn't believe we even interviewed the guy in the first place. Jimmy the drunk thought we had so much talent that anyone could coach it.....this is how little he knows about the game.
I seriously hope that before he dies, Jerry Buss gives full control of the team to Jeanie.....she's the only family member other than Jerry with brains, skills and knowledge.

LF, for the record, there are a few coaches in the NBA I would prefer over Phil....but of course they are unavailable.
At the time we got 'Antoni, Phil was the obvious choice but I would've been just as happy with Sloan.
B.Shaw, I'm not sold on him, he's too nice and I don't see him being able to crack down on guys. If I was going to go with a newbie then DFish would definitely be my first choice, he has all that you look for in a coach and leader.
Bottom line if not Phil or Sloan, we had absolutely no reason to give more than a 2 year contract....it was idiotic to do otherwise....but hey.....that's Jimmy.

Boring or not.....that half court stuff offense, defense and rebounding wins championships. That flashy crap doesn't.

lakerfreak 01-03-2013 04:32 AM

Re: Happy New Year! Laker game tonight
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
LF, for the record, there are a few coaches in the NBA I would prefer over Phil....but of course they are unavailable.
At the time we got 'Antoni, Phil was the obvious choice but I would've been just as happy with Sloan.
B.Shaw, I'm not sold on him, he's too nice and I don't see him being able to crack down on guys. If I was going to go with a newbie then DFish would definitely be my first choice, he has all that you look for in a coach and leader.
Bottom line if not Phil or Sloan, we had absolutely no reason to give more than a 2 year contract....it was idiotic to do otherwise....but hey.....that's Jimmy.

Boring or not.....that half court stuff offense, defense and rebounding wins championships. That flashy crap doesn't.


I woulda loved Sloan too and Im sure you remember me saying that over and over. I was mad that he wasn't even in the list of 3 being considered. I thought that was stupid.

I'll tell you what though, Im really loving what Frank Vogel has done with his Indiana Pacers team. A lot of young and raw talent that he's getting molded into one great team effort every night. Wish we had someone like that. Young, energetic, and smart.

DKLaker 01-03-2013 05:17 PM

Re: Happy New Year! Laker game tonight
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I woulda loved Sloan too and Im sure you remember me saying that over and over. I was mad that he wasn't even in the list of 3 being considered. I thought that was stupid.

I'll tell you what though, Im really loving what Frank Vogel has done with his Indiana Pacers team. A lot of young and raw talent that he's getting molded into one great team effort every night. Wish we had someone like that. Young, energetic, and smart.


Yeah, I like that Pacers team too :cheers: As I said, there are guys out there and we got the worst we could find :facepalm
Yeah....you really wanted Sloan too. Damn....look at that plus the Houston deal we both wanted last year and just think of how great this team would be.

lakerfreak 01-03-2013 05:47 PM

Re: Happy New Year! Laker game tonight
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
Yeah, I like that Pacers team too :cheers: As I said, there are guys out there and we got the worst we could find :facepalm
Yeah....you really wanted Sloan too. Damn....look at that plus the Houston deal we both wanted last year and just think of how great this team would be.


Don't make me cry anymore DK, my body fluids ran out. :cry:

DKLaker 01-03-2013 09:38 PM

Re: Happy New Year! Laker game tonight
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Don't make me cry anymore DK, my body fluids ran out. :cry:


:( :( :( Right there with ya buddy.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy