Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why is LeBron shooting technicals for Miami? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286121)

28renyoy 01-02-2013 08:36 PM

Why is LeBron shooting technicals for Miami?

Sub 70%~ FT shooter is the one going to the line?

SpecialQue 01-02-2013 08:37 PM

Re: Why is LeBron shooting technicals for Miami?

Because he's the star on the team.

STATUTORY 01-02-2013 08:38 PM

check my stats

28renyoy 01-02-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpecialQue
Because he's the star on the team.

So Dwight should have shot them for Orlando?

TMT 01-02-2013 08:38 PM

To up % and attempts. Gotta make the stat sheet look pretty.

RRR3 01-02-2013 08:39 PM

He's a 72% shooter at the line firstly, but usually is around 75-77% so that's somewhat due to a slow start. Furthermore, Wade, Chalmers and Battier are all streaky and unreliable FT shooters, like LBJ, so it really didn't matter. The best FT shooter on the floor was Haslem, but LBJ felt like taking it. And he made it, so it's not an issue.

Quote:

To up % and attempts. Gotta make the stat sheet look pretty.
Yeah, LeBron made it on purpose that scumbag! :mad:

TylerOO 01-02-2013 08:39 PM

Did he make it?

Peteballa 01-02-2013 08:41 PM

Spoelstra oftentimes puts a shooter at the line who is having a tough night and needs to get into rhythm. I don't agree with this choice, as oftentimes we truly need the extra point, but it is what Spoelstra has done ever since he started coaching the Heat. He figures getting LeBron into a shooting rhythm better serves the Heat than the 10-20% better chance of getting an extra point.

28renyoy 01-02-2013 08:41 PM

So basically he shoots them to statpad/because he wants to? Inmate running the asylum

9erempiree 01-02-2013 08:41 PM

Padding stats.

Lakers have Nash taking them.

tpols 01-02-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRR3
He's a 72% shooter at the line firstly, but usually is around 75-77% so that's somewhat due to a slow start. Furthermore, Wade, Chalmers and Battier are all streaky and unreliable FT shooters, like LBJ, so it really didn't matter. The best FT shooter on the floor was Haslem, but LBJ felt like taking it. And he made it, so it's not an issue.

Yeah, LeBron made it on purpose that scumbag! :mad:

Get real dude.. Lebron is not their best ft shooter. It gives him a prettier ppg that's about it.

madmax 01-02-2013 08:42 PM

the better question is why Thunder fan is watching Heat game in the first place when his own team plays against Nets?:confusedshrug:

TMT 01-02-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpols
Get real dude.. Lebron is not their best ft shooter. It gives him a prettier ppg that's about it.

This.

Clearly Lebron homers will disagree, but he's not their best free throw shooter. Better than Wade lately though.

RRR3 01-02-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpols

The hell did I say LeBron was their best FT shooter? I said Haslem was the best on the floor and the other 4 are unreliable although Haslem isn't Dirk either. Kobe fan talking about padding points:lol

28renyoy 01-02-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmax
the better question is why Thunder fan is watching Heat game in the first place when his own team plays against Nets?:confusedshrug:

I live in texas so I get the Dallas game..idiot