Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Comic fans recommend me some comics (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286431)

Brujesino 01-05-2013 06:50 PM

Comic fans recommend me some comics

I'm mostly into marvel right now so i prefer marvel for now.I'm going to make a run on cheapgraphicnovels.com and so far the only ones i know that iam going to buy is

Venom 1-3.The Flash thompson venom.

I've read all the Thunderbolts from where Osborn takes over to when luke cage begins.I'm about to start Dark Avengers.

Venom Vs Carnage, Family feud and Carnage U.S.A waiting for minimal carnage.Some Uncanny X-force and some deadpool stuff.

miller-time 01-05-2013 07:03 PM

Re: Comic fans recommend me some comics

I've heard good things about the walking dead comics.

Myth 01-05-2013 07:26 PM

I've heard good things about this DC comic called "Batman." You should look into it.

Brujesino 01-05-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myth
I've heard good things about this DC comic called "Batman." You should look into it.

Never heard of this man bat , perhaps i will look into it.

TheMarkMadsen 01-05-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brujesino
I'm mostly into marvel right now so i prefer marvel for now.I'm going to make a run on cheapgraphicnovels.com and so far the only ones i know that iam going to buy is

Venom 1-3.The Flash thompson venom.

I've read all the Thunderbolts from where Osborn takes over to when luke cage begins.I'm about to start Dark Avengers.

Venom Vs Carnage, Family feud and Carnage U.S.A waiting for minimal carnage.Some Uncanny X-force and some deadpool stuff.

then new 52 batman #14 and on. #16 comes out next week so now would be a good time to pick up 14 & 15

NotYetGreat 01-05-2013 07:47 PM

I know you said you want Marvel U stuff right now, but what DC did with Batman for the first story arc was amazing! Look for The Court of Owls. It's like 11 issues though if I remember right.

Brujesino 01-05-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
I know you said you want Marvel U stuff right now, but what DC did with Batman for the first story arc was amazing! Look for The Court of Owls. It's like 11 issues though if I remember right.

Ya im not going to buy DC stuff because my friend lets me borrow those.He has a bunch of DC comics and im going to get Marvel stuff and just trade and borrow etc.

red1 01-05-2013 07:54 PM

Symbiote spiderman was that shit back in the day. Today's kids have toper grace. LMAO sucks to be them, even the iphone and ps3 don't make up for that

NotYetGreat 01-05-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brujesino
Ya im not going to buy DC stuff because my friend lets me borrow those.He has a bunch of DC comics and im going to get Marvel stuff and just trade and borrow etc.

Ayt ayt. When you do exhange with him, make sure to read the one I mentioned up there. I hadn't gotten hooked on a comic like I did while I was reading that arc. Even the newer Marvel stuff didn't grab my attention. Tried reading Avengers V X-Men but I stopped it just got too ridiculous for me, which didn't even last me 4 or 5 issues I think. :oldlol:

Myth 01-05-2013 08:33 PM

Well, borrow your friend's "The Killing Joke," and buy it if he doesn't have it. Same with "Knightfall."

Critics tore it apart, by I loved the 3 issue series of "The Madness" in the Venom comics (which features Juggernaut). And you can't go wrong with "Maximum Carnage" either.

Loneshot 01-06-2013 12:06 AM

Saga from Image Comics by Brian K Vaughn. Probably the best out right now.

All-New X-Men is pretty sweet also (by Brian Michael Bendis) from Marvel.

BMOGEFan 01-06-2013 12:09 AM

Marvel SUCKS

you really should read DC comics...they are MUCH better than marvel.

Read Long Halloween and you will forever be a Batman fan.

Brujesino 01-06-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myth
Well, borrow your friend's "The Killing Joke," and buy it if he doesn't have it. Same with "Knightfall."

Critics tore it apart, by I loved the 3 issue series of "The Madness" in the Venom comics (which features Juggernaut). And you can't go wrong with "Maximum Carnage" either.

Couldnt find the madness on any of the sites but i think ill add maximum carnage.

Ol Dirty Bastard 01-06-2013 03:27 AM

Batman:
The Long Halloween (Where Nolan got some influences for his trilogy)
Then follow that with the 2nd part Dark Victory
Year One & Dark Knight Returns: Written by Frank Miller (Sin City)

Also The Walking Dead is AMAZING.

Brujesino 01-06-2013 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Dirty Bastard
Batman:
The Long Halloween (Where Nolan got some influences for his trilogy)
Then follow that with the 2nd part Dark Victory
Year One & Dark Knight Returns: Written by Frank Miller (Sin City)

Also The Walking Dead is AMAZING.

I currently have those and "Hush" like i said i can borrow DC comics from my friend thats why i said only Marvel.I guess just everybody prefers DC comics.