Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hornets knock off Spurs (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286662)

LoneyROY7 01-07-2013 11:17 PM

Hornets knock off Spurs

Gordon poured in 24 and Vasquez dropped 14/11 en route to a home victory against San Antonio.

Now that Gordon is back, the Hornets are a legit team.

clipse026 01-07-2013 11:19 PM

Re: Hornets knock off Spurs

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
Gordon poured in 24 and Vasquez dropped 14/11 en route to a home victory against San Antonio.

Now that Gordon is back, the Hornets are a legit team.

Let's not get carried away. It's nice to see how the team plays as a whole though. 3-1 with Gordon. Hell of a difference. :cheers:

anthonyRandolph 01-07-2013 11:20 PM

They actually are for anyone that watches the games would see this. Gordon takes the team to a whole different level.

LoneyROY7 01-07-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthonyRandolph
They actually are for anyone that watches the games would see this. Gordon takes the team to a whole different level.

He really changes everything.

That coupled with Greivis' emergence, AD continuing to get better, and Ryan Anderson...this team has the pieces.

anthonyRandolph 01-07-2013 11:30 PM

Also Lopez is a must re-sign, the guy is putting it together nicely. Nice post moves, great hook shot, solid defender. Unless a miracle happens also looking at another lottery pick, I'm guessing we go SF, but I'd like to have Aminu back for a reasonable price.

LoneyROY7 01-07-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Also Lopez is a must re-sign, the guy is putting it together nicely. Nice post moves, great hook shot, solid defender. Unless a miracle happens also looking at another lottery pick, I'm guessing we go SF, but I'd like to have Aminu back for a reasonable price.

Yeah, I'd like a SF that can shoot the 3 and defend. Aminu can defend, but I'm not sure is his shot will ever get there.

A player in the mold of Kawhi Leonard would be ideal.

Pushxx 01-07-2013 11:35 PM

Austin Rivers will hopefully learn from Gordon.

Haymaker 01-07-2013 11:36 PM

Gordon is a beast. I didn't see the game, Anthony Davis played?

WolfGang 01-07-2013 11:37 PM

We have great potential. Vasquez is amazing and Davis is reliable. I just don't like that he doesn't get many touches.

Rivers is playing like a F**KING scrub! I don't think he knows what the hell is doing most of the time. We should trade Rivers, Mason and Smith for a legit SF.

Playoffs next year??

LoneyROY7 01-07-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haymaker
Gordon is a beast. I didn't see the game, Anthony Davis played?

Yeah, AD played well. He had 17 points and 9 boards, along with a couple nice alley-oops.

clipse026 01-07-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfGang
We have great potential. Vasquez is amazing and Davis is reliable. I just don't like that he doesn't get many touches.

Rivers is playing like a F**KING scrub! I don't think he knows what the hell is doing most of the time. We should trade Rivers, Mason and Smith for a legit SF.

Playoffs next year??

They're not trading Rivers already. :facepalm He gets to the basket easily but he can't finish to save his life. He needs time to develop. They'll probably go SF or C in the lottery next year. Whichever BPA is there.

anthonyRandolph 01-07-2013 11:44 PM

+18 w/ Gordon on the floor

(e) 01-07-2013 11:47 PM

Gordon makes that team completely different. Although, that's not a huge surprise consider Gordon is one of the better players in the league.

Glad he's back, finally activated him from my IR after his game tonight.

LoneyROY7 01-07-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

+18 w/ Gordon on the floor

Gotta love it.

LoneyROY7 01-07-2013 11:52 PM

The most underrated aspect of Gordon's game is his stellar defense.

Check out this sick block from tonight's game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsLD3THl86M