Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Rob Ryan Fired (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286765)

niko 01-08-2013 08:46 PM

Rob Ryan Fired

Source: Adam Schefter

Real Men Wear Green 01-08-2013 09:10 PM

Re: Rob Ryan Fired

Wrong Ryan.

niko 01-08-2013 09:22 PM

Rex is never getting fired, he owns the Jets practically. Woody adopted him i think. That press conference today was beyond ridiculous.

DuMa 01-08-2013 09:38 PM

lmao and garrett stays? jerry at it again

bigkingsfan 01-08-2013 09:41 PM

They might finally start getting some QB pressure now.

"I inherited a team that was 31st in the league in defense and made them better. I (expletive) made them a hell of a lot better. I'll be out of work for like five minutes." -- Rob Ryan

Full of shit, Cowboys were never that bad. They only did that bad in the year prior to Ryan because Romo was injured, so obviously the opposing team had more time of possession.

Sarcastic 01-08-2013 10:25 PM

I wonder if he wants to be a GM. I am sure Rex could get him the job with the Jets.

StateProperty 01-08-2013 10:39 PM

Maybe they'll let Garrett run the offense AND defense now

-p.tiddy- 01-09-2013 12:46 AM

I'm not a fan of this move...half of our starting D was injured at the end of the year, it was basically a team of 3rd string scrubs vs. the Skins

and at the start of the year, when 100% healthy, our D was a top-5 defense

sigh...I'll judge this move better when I see who his replacement is

and Rob is right, he will get a new job quick...I think he will eventually be a HC

Michael_Wilbon 01-09-2013 12:51 AM

If Romo doesn't throw 3 int's in the game against Washington and blow the Cowboys playoff chances then Ryan never gets fired.

DuMa 01-09-2013 12:57 AM

just once i would like to hear Rob Ryan say: "Yeah well, thats, just, like your opinion, man"

sunsfan1357 01-09-2013 11:43 PM

Apparently Jerry cited the losses to the Seahawks and Bears as big reasons why he fired Ryan. Ya know, the games where the special teams were terrible and Romo threw 5 interceptions.

irondarts 01-09-2013 11:58 PM

Does Jason Garrett have any say over who his staff are?

If I was a HC, I'd like to be the one who had the decision to retain or get rid of my assistants.

I think this is my biggest beefs with Jerry, he steps on the coaches toes way too much.

-p.tiddy- 01-10-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Apparently Jerry cited the losses to the Seahawks and Bears as big reasons why he fired Ryan. Ya know, the games where the special teams were terrible and Romo threw 5 interceptions.

Our D was actually awful against the Bears...Marshall went nuts and Cutler went into that game the lowest rated QB in the NFL and had a great game.

Also he was sacked like once and the Bear oline was notorious for poor protection.

I still like Rob though, and he had plenty of great games

-p.tiddy- 01-10-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irondarts
Does Jason Garrett have any say over who his staff are?

If I was a HC, I'd like to be the one who had the decision to retain or get rid of my assistants.

I think this is my biggest beefs with Jerry, he steps on the coaches toes way too much.

I think Garrett is getting fired too

Holmgren wants the Dallas job

Bano114 01-10-2013 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I think Garrett is getting fired too

Holmgren wants the Dallas job

I think that might be what these moves are pointing toward. Get rid of these guys now so when a new HC steps in they can have a say on who they would be comfortable with in these coaching spots.

IMHO Garret is the #1 problem with the Cowboys. I don't have anything against him as a person, he seems like a good guy just in over his head. I don't think he's a good fit as a HC for this team.