Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Who Wants Tyrus Thomas? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2868)

JordanPippenRodman 06-26-2006 02:12 PM

Who Wants Tyrus Thomas?

This is from CNNSI:

Quote:

Thomas is the type of player who can be an asset right away in the NBA with his rebounding and shotblocking while the team works with him to sharpen his offensive skills. The rumor is that Chicago has already worked out a trade that will send Thomas to another team.

Who could that "other team" be?

GoRapz 06-26-2006 02:25 PM

knicks?

kwajo 06-26-2006 02:29 PM

if Chicago is picking Tyrus, then who is picking LaMarcus? Didn't his agent say that he's been guaranteed a Top 3 selection? Toronto isn't going to (Bargnani) so it's either Chicago or Charlotte, and I don't see the Bobcats selecting him

I still say Chi takes Aldridge and this rumor is bogus

brwnman 06-26-2006 02:35 PM

maybe the Raptors have worked out a trade that will send Aldridge to some team for Bargnani (which ever team picks him) + another player...

fatboy11 06-26-2006 02:36 PM

I think Aldridge has been promised by the Bulls.

Tyrus Thomas is scrabbling right now. His agents suck.

kwajo 06-26-2006 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brwnman
maybe the Raptors have worked out a trade that will send Aldridge to some team for Bargnani (which ever team picks him) + another player...

that would be a sweet deal if BC can pull it off

It would make selling Bargnani to the public easier if you can say "hey look, we got other stuff too!"

geeWiz15 06-26-2006 02:39 PM

I'd say Phoenix. Although lord knows why they'd want him over Morrison. They already have Amare, right?

kwajo 06-26-2006 02:41 PM

Morrison and Nash would be one hell of a floppy-haired duo

Pistol Pete 06-26-2006 03:01 PM

I am guessing that it would be the Phoenix Suns in the proposed Marion deal. Reason being, that they feel Tyrus Thomas can instantly step into the lineup and do much of the same that Marion did last year, while they get a center (atleast in their system) in Tyson Chandler.

I don't necessarily agree though that Thomas can effectively step in and mirror the statistics and effect that Marion had for the Suns last year, but it may be what the Suns are believing.

JordanPippenRodman 06-26-2006 03:11 PM

good input, it's probably bogus like every single pre-draft rumor thus far!

Tips4 06-26-2006 03:13 PM

If Bc can grab Shawn Marion for that 1st overall pick, he really deserves the General Manager of the year award. That would be exciting. Marion can grab those rebounds and finally gives us a real player to go with Chris Bosh.

PureElement 06-26-2006 03:16 PM

Bulls have cap space right? They will draft Thomas and send him for Marion. The suns want to save money.

ShannonElements 06-26-2006 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwajo
Morrison and Nash would be one hell of a floppy-haired duo

:roll:

I'd say phoenix too. Shawn Marion starting the season in something other than a Suns jersey seems almost to be a lock at this point.

DoubleTech 06-26-2006 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tips4
If Bc can grab Shawn Marion for that 1st overall pick, he really deserves the General Manager of the year award. That would be exciting. Marion can grab those rebounds and finally gives us a real player to go with Chris Bosh.

horrible idea. marion is owed 40+ million over the next three seasons, and he isn't the type of player that will bring us to the playoffs. moving the 1 for marion destroys any cap space we have... we'd be stuck with the team we currently have... which isn't playoff worthy.

so... why sacrifice the Raptors' future for marion? makes no sense at all.

WADE MONEY 06-26-2006 03:41 PM

Marion is a product of the Suns system. Does no one else see him crashing and burning like KMart did, the minute he goes outside a 100 foot radius from steve nash.