Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Will Nash Never Making the Finals Overshadow His Career (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286884)

SilkkTheShocker 01-09-2013 06:35 PM

Will Nash Never Making the Finals Overshadow His Career

He played with more than enough talent on some of those teams. It wasn't like he played with the 2011-2012 Suns every season

TheBigVeto 01-09-2013 06:55 PM

Re: Will Nash Never Making the Finals Overshadow His Career

No.
But joining the Lakers will have him knocked down 1 peg in the ranking.

StateOfMind12 01-09-2013 06:57 PM

It's not like he played bad in the post-season, so no, it doesn't affect his career. If he played like shit and it was his fault that he couldn't get there then yes, but that's not the case.

HorryIsMyMVP 01-09-2013 06:58 PM

Nash was still always the best player on his team. The dynasty Spurs were a pretty amazing team. Lebron "made the finals" and got swept by them. Does that make Lebron better because he had to play them in the finals and got swept? Where the Suns never got swept?

Kiddlovesnets 01-09-2013 06:59 PM

Nash with an NBA finals appearance can potential move him up to top 10 PG of all time, right now hes around 12-14.

HorryIsMyMVP 01-09-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Nash with an NBA finals appearance can potential move him up to top 10 PG of all time, right now hes around 12-14.

So if Nash had played in the East that makes him a better player?

sick_brah07 01-09-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets

can you name 11 PG that are better than steve nash ?

Deuce Bigalow 01-09-2013 07:04 PM

Nash would have made the Finals if he was in the weak eastern conference like Lebron in 07.

Kiddlovesnets 01-09-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sick_brah07
can you name 11 PG that are better than steve nash ?

I did it once in an all-time PG discussion thread, it was like months ago during offseason.

Edit: Heres the top 10 PG list:
1. Magic Johnson
2. Oscar Robertson
3. Isiah Thomas
4. Bob Cousy
5. John Stockton
6. Chris Paul
7. Walt Frazier
8. Jason Kidd
9. Gary Payton
10. Kevin Johnson

Euroleague 01-09-2013 07:12 PM

How many times did Nash lose to the Spurs and how many times in the conference finals? 3 times? 4 times? I remember I think once with the Mavs and couple times with the Suns I think.

Once against the Lakers right? Then other times the Spurs beat them in earlier rounds I think.

Draz 01-09-2013 07:33 PM

Jason Kidd > Nash

But their both great. I like Nash, but I don't see WHY this doesn't affect his career.

miller-time 01-09-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draz
Jason Kidd > Nash

But their both great. I like Nash, but I don't see WHY this doesn't affect his career.

Because it is a team sport. Nash is only 1 of 10 players on the court. And his path to the finals is as (if not more) dependent on his team and the opposing team than just his individual talents. Considering he has had to come up against two of the best teams in the league to get into the finals for most of the past 10 years I don't think it is a knock against him.

Borat 01-09-2013 07:42 PM

Yes it will, his defence is too costly.

STATUTORY 01-09-2013 07:43 PM

it really only matters if you are in the top 20 of all time consideration list which he's no where near so no.

Collie 01-09-2013 08:48 PM

KJ? Really? The only thing arguable is that KJ had a higher peak, but it was extremely short and the rest of his career pales against Nash. Payton is arguable, but again not as much longevity and his accolades and accomplishments aren't really any better (unless you count a ring as a role player an accomplishment).

The rest I can see, but IMO Nash > Frazier (short peak/longevity) and currently Paul (which will change later on)