Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   If you could add one new thing to basketball, what would it be .. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286920)

IamRAMBO24 01-09-2013 10:27 PM

If you could add one new thing to basketball, what would it be ..

It could be anything: a new aspect to the game, half-time show, or something as stupid as a mandatory Justin Bieber anthem sung before the game, etc.

Get creative; what would you REALLY like to see that will improve the game.

ispin69 01-09-2013 10:43 PM

Re: If you could add one new thing to basketball, what would it be ..

Penalty box (simple foul 1 min, flagrant fouls 5 mins). No free throws.

haji_d_robertas 01-09-2013 10:44 PM

Get rid of the three point line.

FKAri 01-09-2013 10:46 PM

A revamp of the defensive rules. Not necessarily more physical but something that allows defenders to actually guard guys on the perimeter. I want to see dominant perimeter defensive players. I hate seeing quick athletic guys that do nothing but blow by their man and draw fouls. Also, rules that are more clear cut than the current state of charge/block. Get rid of the 5 second back to the basket rule.

SCdac 01-09-2013 10:46 PM

Not a change to the rules, but..... I'd say, Put miniature "point of view" cameras on every player, to be shown periodically during the game. Would be dope.

DuMa 01-09-2013 10:47 PM

trampolines

I<3NBA 01-09-2013 10:48 PM

another ball. that way, Kobe can play all by himself, and his team can play the other ball.

webberz0044 01-09-2013 10:51 PM

No East vs West in the playoffs. It would be 1 vs 16, 2 vs 15 etc... That way we would see the two best teams in the finals.

fpliii 01-09-2013 10:51 PM

I'm not a hockey fan, but they have that Winter Classic going for them (outdoor game, for those unfamiliar). Something similar could be neat for the NBA.

Screamingdoom 01-09-2013 10:53 PM

4 pt line from where Kobe shot that long three ball tonight

ZenMaster 01-09-2013 10:54 PM

The other day I wondered how the game would be with substitutions in the flow of the game. Like make the area around the court a little bigger and teams could sub by one player leaving the floor for another during the game after a rebound etc.

Another thing could be to have a select player shoot free throws on any foul that warrants it. Today players on defense go real hard against certain players in scoring position. I think having a select shooter for all free throws would force the defense to rely more on not fouling making more good offensive plays possible. The fewer FT's shot the more entertaining basketball will be to watch.

Mr. Jabbar 01-09-2013 10:55 PM

Punching a ref is a flagrant 1.

schism206 01-09-2013 10:57 PM

50 pt basket, like Rock n Jock :rockon:

ispin69 01-09-2013 10:58 PM

Coach can choose 1 player from the opposing team and make all their points good for only 1 point for the whole game.

:lol Obviously they always choose the opponent's high scorer.

pauk 01-09-2013 11:06 PM

I said this a couple of times but i say it again, you should get an assist if your teammate you gave the pass to hits his FTs... Lot of times you will see for example a PG thread the needle to lets say a PF under the basket, the PF would easily put up 2 pts (layup/dunk) and the PG would get 1 assist... but the PF gets hammered because they dont want him to get that easy bucket and hits his points anyways at the FT line... the PG doesnt get the assist, but he should because he assisted him to those exact points.......

Since the beginning of my basketball interest i always wanted this and always failed to see the logic in why it wasnt implemented... yes it would be unfair to implement it right now, unfair towards the past players i mean, considering how many assists THEY could have gotten....... but the NBA has done this in the past with the recording of blocks & steals remember? Not to mention awards aswell such as DPOY & FMVP..... addition of 3pt line.. hand-checking... and so on and so on...