Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   was that whole crackdown on flopping just for show? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286931)

STATUTORY 01-09-2013 11:04 PM

was that whole crackdown on flopping just for show?
 
manu is still in the league and doing his thing with no remorse*

thx clutch for the correction

Spaulding 01-09-2013 11:09 PM

Re: was that whole crackdown on flopping just for show?
 
Video of him recently flopping enough for fine is needed for me to answer

STATUTORY 01-09-2013 11:10 PM

Re: was that whole crackdown on flopping just for show?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaulding
Video of him recently flopping enough for fine is needed for me to answer


his entire repertoire, the "euro step" is an exercise in flopping

SCdac 01-09-2013 11:10 PM

Re: was that whole crackdown on flopping just for show?
 
eh Manu plays tough defense, takes as many legit charges as anybody, and it's def a different bland of flop then what we saw, say, Griffin doing last season... from what I've seen, there seems to be less gratuitous flopping this season, slightly... the warnings/fines publicly call out the players, and I think that's generally helped.

Spaulding 01-09-2013 11:12 PM

Re: was that whole crackdown on flopping just for show?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by STATUTORY
his entire repertoire, the "euro step" is an exercise in flopping


Disagree.

Droid101 01-09-2013 11:21 PM

Re: was that whole crackdown on flopping just for show?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SCdac
eh Manu plays tough defense, takes as many legit charges as anybody, and it's def a different bland of flop then what we saw, say, Griffin doing last season... from what I've seen, there seems to be less gratuitous flopping this season, slightly... the warnings/fines publicly call out the players, and I think that's generally helped.

No. The floppocalypse was HIS making (and Raja Bell's). As bad as any Griffin flop ever, since there really was no movement to cause the reaction. Griffin's at least usually involve him off the ground jumping.


KyrieTheFuture 01-09-2013 11:35 PM

Re: was that whole crackdown on flopping just for show?
 
Manu tonight was just awful man. I hate that dude

ClutchOver9000 01-09-2013 11:41 PM

Re: was that whole crackdown on flopping just for show?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by STATUTORY
manu is still in the league and doing his thing with no recourse


*remorse*

To be fair I think the "crackdown" has curtailed flopping in terms of a being a rampant league-wide problem like it was last year...

Its still not enough though IMO, they're not strict enough and they barely go after star players.


As for Manu though, dude is crafty w/ the flops what can I say, its an artform in his repertoire... :lol

TheBigVeto 01-09-2013 11:46 PM

Re: was that whole crackdown on flopping just for show?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by STATUTORY
manu is still in the league and doing his thing with no recourse


Dude is just channeling his inner D'Whistle.
Why u :mad:?

ClutchOver9000 01-09-2013 11:47 PM

Re: was that whole crackdown on flopping just for show?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Droid101
No. The floppocalypse was HIS making (and Raja Bell's). As bad as any Griffin flop ever, since there really was no movement to cause the reaction. Griffin's at least usually involve him off the ground jumping.



Ah yes the flopception... brings me back...

STATUTORY 01-09-2013 11:50 PM

Re: was that whole crackdown on flopping just for show?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigVeto
Dude is just channeling his inner D'Whistle.
Why u :mad:?



wade's one of my fave guys to watch but his brand of whistle dependent game has spread through the NBA like a plague


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy