Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   CNN/Anderson Cooper discuss Sandy Hook conspiracy theories (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287210)

Riddler 01-13-2013 06:41 AM

CNN/Anderson Cooper discuss Sandy Hook conspiracy theories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=984ZcFgxM3k

Well,... I'm just curious to see how others feel about this subject.

I'm gonna keep my opinions to myself...

Here is another video on CNN:

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/1...edy/?hpt=hp_t2

Quote:

Conspiracy theories in the wake of tragedy

Alex Seitz-Wald and Jonathan Kay discuss why conspiracy theorists have made false claims about the Sandy Hook school massacre.

Sorry for posting more conspiracy topics, but I clicked on CNN this morning and as you can see, 'Sandy Hook Conspiracy Theories' is the first link udder the gun control debate. Anderson Cooper spends a good 20 minutes discussing the subject.

NotYetGreat 01-13-2013 06:53 AM

Re: CNN/Anderson Cooper discuss Sandy Hook conspiracy theories

I saw this yesterday and I didn't like it really. I haven't gone through all the theories and though some of the stuff I've read was quite convincing, I'm still now up to believing that this was set up. Regardless, I didn't like how they seemed to blame the theorists right away and put them in the wrong. AC is one of the correspondents I actually take time to listen to when I chance by him on the screen, but it upset me seeing how agenda-driven he/they seemed to be yesterday.

miller-time 01-13-2013 06:59 AM

Wow... Reading the comment section on YouTube is scary.

I love in the video how Tracey talks about how people are conditioned to be duped, yet fails to realize that conditioning goes both ways. In the post 9/11 world, conspiracy theorists are now actively looking for patterns and discrepancies when there is no reason to do so - however recognizing false positives provides them with a nice little reward of dopamine.

Riddler 01-13-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miller-time

Yea, I just spent a good 15 minutes reading the comments.

Wow.

theaussieguy 01-13-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

I love in the video how Tracey talks about how people are conditioned to be duped, yet fails to realize that conditioning goes both ways. In the post 9/11 world, conspiracy theorists are now actively looking for patterns and discrepancies when there is no reason to do so - however recognizing false positives provides them with a nice little reward of dopamine.

Well if your one of the few who is willing to accept the official story told on 911 was total bullsh!t (which is easy enough when you consider building 7 fell at free fall speeds for 4 seconds in complete uniformity, suggesting that all critical supports of the building were compromised at the exact same time...as a result of fire....that is impossible), which to me it so obviously was, why would one say there is no reason to look for discrepencies in a current affairs? Obviously 911 was used as a means to an end, so when you have the looming gun control affair, it would only be logical to take a good hard look at recent events, assuming your one of the few who isn't naive enough to think our greater powers would never do such things.

Personally to me its pretty obvious that again the official story at sandy hook is bullsh!t. I have no proof but i have a gut instinct. I can say for sure that the official story of 911 is bullshit, so to me its hardly a stretch to say this was another plot to further an agenda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV3KYBS64R8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKWgCRBR5qE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods (to the people that think staging terrorism is just a facade of crazy peoples imaginations)

wisen up folks

The_Yearning 01-13-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Scary? Damn you a bitch.

DropStep 01-13-2013 10:23 AM

I love when conspiracy theorist say "wisen up" folks yet spout the most retarded things without any real knowledge other than watching a biased youtube video.

knickballer 01-13-2013 10:38 AM

That CNN video is just disgusting. I love how they victimize and bash the shit out of the college professor who had an opposite view, what happened to free speach and honest opinion? Very unprofessional like from CNN but I wouldn't expect anything less from them.

D-Rose 01-13-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickballer
That CNN video is just disgusting. I love how they victimize and bash the shit out of the college professor who had an opposite view, what happened to free speach and honest opinion? Very unprofessional like from CNN but I wouldn't expect anything less from them.

:oldlol:

They're not saying that he doesn't have a right to believe that BS. They're saying that it's disgusting to the memory of the children massacred on the day.

knickballer 01-13-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Rose
:oldlol:

They're not saying that he doesn't have a right to believe that BS. They're saying that it's disgusting to the memory of the children massacred on the day.

There's obviously going to be people who disagree with the events that happened, there's thousands of them. But why make the effort and go out the way to bash the shit out of some unknown professor? It just seems cheap, unprofessional and desperate from CNN.

D-Rose 01-13-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

There's obviously going to be people who disagree with the events that happened, there's thousands of them. But why make the effort and go out the way to bash the shit out of some unknown professor? It just seems cheap, unprofessional and desperate from CNN.

I don't have a problem with it at all. He's someone that put himself in the spotlight with comments like that. And again, the tax payers are paying his salary.

If he really had any balls, he'd show up and discuss his point of view.

RaininThrees 01-13-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Does anyone understand what free speech is about any more? This guy clearly doesn't.

knickballer 01-13-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Does anyone understand what free speech is about any more? This guy clearly doesn't.

Don't be so ignorant. I'm stating that CNN is bashing some random professor because he has a different view and in the process they are demonizing him and stalking him. This should be a lesson to anyone that if you have a different view than mainstream media because if you do you'll be labeled as a nut. Also another ****ed up way to milk the whole Sandy Hook case for extra views and ratings by trying to make the incident relevant again and to report on extremely sensitive subjects.

RaininThrees 01-13-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Don't be so ignorant. I'm stating that CNN is bashing some random professor because he has a different view and in the process they are demonizing him and stalking him. This should be a lesson to anyone that if you have a different view than mainstream media because if you do you'll be labeled as a nut. Also another ****ed up way to milk the whole Sandy Hook case for extra views and ratings by trying to make the incident relevant again and to report on extremely sensitive subjects.

This is exactly what I mean.

Freedom of speech does not mean that you don't risk criticism or ridicule for statements that you make. It means that you don't wind up in shackles in some jail for the statements you make. Anderson et al are free to say what they want about this guy's view points.

He's not in shackles; his freedom of speech was exercised. That's the end of it.

daily 01-13-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

If you act like a moron and say mornic stuff in a public forum like that professor did expect to be called out. He used his position at the university to further his agenda and now he can pay the price.

Freedom of speech means you can say stupid things, it doesn't guarantee you'll be free from the repercussions including losing your job