Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Does beating the CAVs mean anything has changed? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287385)

magicmanfan 01-15-2013 10:53 AM

Does beating the CAVs mean anything has changed?

Things that look improved:
- great first quarter
- Dwight looks like he's getting healthier.... 4/7 FT is acceptable
- Clark had a nice game
- 32 team assists is terrific
- Kobe put out on D, really made a huge difference

Things that still suck:
- 22 turnovers !!!!
- Dwight making stupid reaching fouls and complaining too much (I know
he doesn't get many calls, but the best center in the game is never
respected by officials)
- 17 offensive rebounds for CLE

Given the good and the bad, does anyone believe they've turned the corner?
:cheers:

L.A. Jazz 01-15-2013 12:36 PM

Re: Does beating the CAVs mean anything has changed?

i dont think so

lakerfreak 01-15-2013 03:26 PM

no

DKLaker 01-15-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
no

Wise man......Wise :D :cheers:

lakerfreak 01-16-2013 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
Wise man......Wise :D :cheers:

We have the exact opposite extreme of a problem occurring. lets be fair. We're beating crappy teams, by default. This team is so talented.

Also, D'Antoni's system is good enough to expose the lower level teams. But these top teams are too smart for that. We beat the cavs, great! They're terrible. We beat the Bucks who have been faltering as of late. Great!

When we had Phil, we beat all the good teams and lost to all the crappy ones lol.

So yeah, I dont think much has changed, other than Dwight seems to be feeling okay. But we're still unable to judge anything unless we beat not one, not two, but many good teams. We got the heat this week. I'll reserve judgement for later.

Apparently Dwight, Kobe, and Antoni are all calling out Dwight so that he can be more of the defensive anchor. Lets see what happens.

magicmanfan 01-24-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Apparently Dwight, Kobe, and Antoni are all calling out Dwight so that he can be more of the defensive anchor. Lets see what happens.

I still believe we can resign DH if we can get some positive things going (ie, wins).

DKLaker 01-25-2013 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magicmanfan
I still believe we can resign DH if we can get some positive things going (ie, wins).

Nah......we have to put in a coach who knows how to use him in the paint.
Anyone who thinks he is cool with 8 shots a game, win or lose and will stay is naive.

lakerfreak 01-25-2013 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
Nah......we have to put in a coach who knows how to use him in the paint.
Anyone who thinks he is cool with 8 shots a game, win or lose and will stay is naive.

I agree with your idea, but doesn't Dwight himself piss you off with his sour attitude?

At least with someone like Pau Gasol, he may be soft, but no matter what situation he faced, he always came and played hard.

I feel like the second things don't go Dwight's way, he just tanks. I mean, sure D'Antoni isn't the best fit here, but isn't Dwight also at fault for not putting up much of a fight?

DKLaker 01-25-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

I agree with your idea, but doesn't Dwight himself piss you off with his sour attitude?

At least with someone like Pau Gasol, he may be soft, but no matter what situation he faced, he always came and played hard.

I feel like the second things don't go Dwight's way, he just tanks. I mean, sure D'Antoni isn't the best fit here, but isn't Dwight also at fault for not putting up much of a fight?

Does Dwight tank.....yes, absolutely.
Does his attitude piss me off? Honestly......no, I understand it. Do I agree with it, no. I believe that you play hard no matter what......but that is not everyone's reality, we all have emotions therefore we can be pumped up or we can be depressed. Dwight honestly wants to play his ass off and win a title but he isn't being given a chance to play his game the way HE can be successful......there is not a single good player who has ever played the game that wouldn't be pissed off over being used the wrong way......YES, I do mean Magic Johnson and Micheal Jordan too.......kids don't remember that they got coaches fired in controversial moves.

A good coach works with his players and motivates them....not only the top guys but the bench too, you have to lead, inspire and get the guys pumped up and ready to go.

Phil Jackson isn't a great X's and O's guy....but when it comes to motivating and getting inside his players, he is the master. His system works.

My own style is very similar to coach Pop......now you look at the minutes his guys play, how much trust he has always had in his bench and most importantly how well he has developed his players.
I have a friend on his staff.
Parker 32, Duncan 30, Ginobili 24 those are the minutes his big 3 are averaging. There is not a single player who is rotting on the bench, every player is averaging at least 11 minutes per game except 1 who is at 6 minutes.......now please compare that to 'Antoni's crap where after Jamison scores 33 he soon gets a long string of DNP's.....these guys end up unhappy and grumbling, this undermines the entire team.
Coach Pop gets it right.......'Antoni is a failure.

Pau playing hard???? Is that what you call it? I have seen only a few flashes of what "I" would call playing hard from the guy in the last 3 seasons. I haven't seen the guy diving on the floor to get the ball in the last seconds of a big game....no, I HAVE seen him watch the ball or make a slow feeble attempt to reach a hand out. HARD......no, not in my book, not for the way I coach the game. As you have noticed, I have given Pau a pass for this and part of last season because of the way the 2 dumb Mikes have misused him.....its embarrassing coaching to say the least.

Again.....Dwight is only playing like this because of the coach, if it was Sloan, Pop, Phil, Adelman......hell, even SVG, he would look better.