Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Is George H.W Bush's murder attempt on Ronald Reagan the most underrated conspiracy? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287828)

1987_Lakers 01-19-2013 07:50 PM

Is George H.W Bush's murder attempt on Ronald Reagan the most underrated conspiracy?

http://www.tomflocco.com/fs/HinckleyAndBush.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReN5DXymYik

niko 01-19-2013 07:59 PM

Re: Is George H.W Bush's murder attempt on Ronald Reagan the most underrated conspiracy?

It's stupid, this is a man with a shitload of money, why would he sacrifice his son to get this done? Why not use someone else? If i want to kill you, ill kill you - not do it in a way which ruins my son's life. That's totally illogical.

1987_Lakers 01-19-2013 08:04 PM

Re: Is George H.W Bush's murder attempt on Ronald Reagan the most underrated conspiracy?

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
It's stupid, this is a man with a shitload of money, why would he sacrifice his son to get this done? Why not use someone else? If i want to kill you, ill kill you - not do it in a way which ruins my son's life. That's totally illogical.

You have to admit, some of the coincidences are eerie. Bush did run the CIA so I wouldn't be surprised if he was involved.

kentatm 01-19-2013 08:07 PM

Prescott Bush was part of a coup attempt right around WW2 so it wouldn't be too shocking if GDub would try to pull something similar.

longhornfan1234 01-19-2013 08:35 PM

Fvck the Bush family.

H.W Bush: coat tail rider. He wouldn't be shit without the GOAT Reagan.

W. Bush: tied with Carter as the worst president of all-time.

Jeb Bush: RINO.

kentatm 01-19-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longhornfan1234

H.W Bush: coat tail rider. He wouldn't be shit without the GOAT Reagan.

lol wut?

dude was CIA director well before Reagan was President.

you think thats shit?

longhornfan1234 01-19-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kentatm
lol wut?

dude was CIA director well before Reagan was President.

you think thats shit?

I meant he would've been a president without the God Reagan.

kentatm 01-19-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

I meant he would've been a president without the God Reagan.

that isnt necessarily true at all. He ran against Reagan in 1980. Its not like he was unknown. Hell, it could be argued Reagan doesn't win vs Carter without him. He was important in keeping the centrist wing of the Republicans as well as getting Independents and Blue Dog Dems.

Reagan taking Bush also helped the Repubs look more organized and willing to hash out differences vs the Dems where Ted Kennedy refused to drop out of the Dem nomination race vs Carter even though Carter had 60% of the Dem delegates.

Patrick Chewing 01-19-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Incorrect.

KevinNYC 01-19-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

This just proves you how little you know about American history.

KevinNYC 01-19-2013 10:21 PM

The most underrated conspiracy is the one by Kuwaiti intelligence to fake an attempt on H. W. Bush's life that was designed to fail and designed to look like Saddam was behind it.

kNicKz 01-20-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinNYC
The most underrated conspiracy is the one by Kuwaiti intelligence to fake an attempt on H. W. Bush's life that was designed to fail and designed to look like Saddam was behind it.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

bagelred 01-21-2013 11:33 AM

Agreed. This isn't talked about enough. Bush lost to Reagan in the primaries, then was essentially forced to make him the VP candidate.

Then, RIGHT AT THE BEGINNING of Reagan's first term, assassination attempt. The fact there is almost a direct connection (or one degree of separation) between Bush and the killer is beyond eerie, and the media never talked about it.