Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   guy from craigslist is asking for some money back, advice? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287877)

enayes 01-20-2013 12:42 PM

guy from craigslist is asking for some money back, advice?

I sold my used 07/08 Black Macbook on craigslist for $250 to some guy. He asked a lot of questions and I tried to answer them as best I could, everything appeared to be in good working order to me. So we meet up, he pays me and gets the macbook. I even through in a soft case for it.

Anyway, he emails me today saying that the superdrive does not work at all and he is asking for $50 back so he can buy a replacement drive on eBay. I had imported a music CD into iTunes a few weeks prior so I was under the impression the drive was working.

Should I help this guy out or not? I feel that $250, even for a used macbook is a good price, even if everything is not working at 100%.

Nanners 01-20-2013 12:49 PM

Re: guy from craigslist is asking for some money back, advice?

i probably wouldnt.

iamgine 01-20-2013 12:50 PM

Just ignore him

Dwade305 01-20-2013 01:10 PM

$250 is a good price. Dont even go into the "how do I know is bad" thing, cause you would be shining hope that you will be giving him the $50 back.

He should have checked it out reagrdless wherever you guys met up at.....#1 rule.

Mr. I'm So Rad 01-20-2013 01:37 PM

You better give me my f*cking money back!

knickballer 01-20-2013 01:42 PM

Was the hard drive previously broken and/or did you mention that it was broken?

If you told him about it then no, if you gave him a broken hard drive without notifying him about it then yes although you can probably just ignore him(that's if you didn't give him your address or personal info)

If you are going to refund him just check how much hard drives are going for on ebay or meet him halfway with the price.

Burgz V2 01-20-2013 01:46 PM

250 is a good price. why would he want $50? if you sold him something faulty he should be asking for a full refund. Tell this joker to get lost.

Patrick Chewing 01-20-2013 02:12 PM

Tell him, "this isn't eBay, muthafukka!"

Myth 01-20-2013 02:40 PM

I understand where the guy was coming from but I also understand that it was a good deal in the first place and you didn't mean to scam him. Tell him that you were not aware that the drive was broken and you'd take it back and give him his money. He probably will turn you down because he knows he got a good deal with or without the drive. If he does want a full refund, you could always re-sell it to somebody else for $250, so I wouldn't just give him $50.

BuffaloBill 01-20-2013 02:44 PM

Tell him to suck your dick. Make him work for that $50.

nathanjizzle 01-20-2013 02:52 PM

all craigslist sales are "as is". tell him "no" and how he would have the balls to ask for some money back through a craigslist transaction thinking you were dumb enough to even consider.

nathanjizzle 01-20-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myth
I understand where the guy was coming from but I also understand that it was a good deal in the first place and you didn't mean to scam him. Tell him that you were not aware that the drive was broken and you'd take it back and give him his money. He probably will turn you down because he knows he got a good deal with or without the drive. If he does want a full refund, you could always re-sell it to somebody else for $250, so I wouldn't just give him $50.

do not listen to this idiotic advice.:facepalm

Myth 01-20-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
do not listen to this idiotic advice.:facepalm

Hey, I'm just trying to see it from the buyer's perspective too. I'd be bummed if I spent $250 on something that turned out to be faulty, even if it is still an overall good deal.

knickballer 01-20-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Hey, I'm just trying to see it from the buyer's perspective too. I'd be bummed if I spent $250 on something that turned out to be faulty, even if it is still an overall good deal.

This. However, if OP did inform on broken hard drive it's a fair & done deal. If he didn't then the buyer has every right to complain.

It's like saying what if you buy a refurbished phone from Apple and realize that the screen is completely shattered..

Jameerthefear 01-20-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

DO this. He most likely will shut up and take the good deal he got.