Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   anyone else here ever been to Miami Beach? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28789)

mlh1981 02-04-2007 02:19 PM

anyone else here ever been to Miami Beach?

As I sit here in 4 degree chill, I can't help but get angry when I watch ESPN and see all those lucky *******s in south beach soaking up the sunshine. Man, I love that place. I went there for Spring Break in '04 and '05. I'm not even THAT big of a party guy. I just love the beaches, the women, the car the food, and the overall "flavor" of the place. While I love the three main streets (Collins, Washington, and Ocean), I would say my favorite is Ocean. It has a pretty sweet Fat Tuesdays, the Clevelander, and some pretty awesome restaurants (Johnny Rockets and TGI Fridays were the only ones I could afford, though). Overall, I am amazed at how late the action carries on until. It was just as busy at 5 a.m. as it was at midnight. For those who have been there, what do you like/dislike about Miami Beach? Where were some of your favorite places?

Jerz Netz 02-04-2007 03:55 PM

Re: anyone else here ever been to Miami Beach?

i wish. retire destination?

B-Low 02-04-2007 04:03 PM

Cleveland's weather today:

High: 5 degrees
Low: -3 Degrees
Wind Chill: -17 degrees

Not a fun day.

brwnman 02-04-2007 05:55 PM

yep went there in the summer, pretty nice...

pistonpancakes34 02-04-2007 09:15 PM

Its 4 degrees in Detroit. And i have been to Miami a few times, I like it

IBLEEDGREEN43 02-04-2007 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlh1981
As I sit here in 4 degree chill, I can't help but get angry when I watch ESPN and see all those lucky *******s in south beach soaking up the sunshine. Man, I love that place. I went there for Spring Break in '04 and '05. I'm not even THAT big of a party guy. I just love the beaches, the women, the car the food, and the overall "flavor" of the place. While I love the three main streets (Collins, Washington, and Ocean), I would say my favorite is Ocean. It has a pretty sweet Fat Tuesdays, the Clevelander, and some pretty awesome restaurants (Johnny Rockets and TGI Fridays were the only ones I could afford, though). Overall, I am amazed at how late the action carries on until. It was just as busy at 5 a.m. as it was at midnight. For those who have been there, what do you like/dislike about Miami Beach? Where were some of your favorite places?

i live on a lake in new hampshire.. it was -3 degrees today.. and the wind chill totally kicked my ass.. along with the 10 inches of snow i got over the weekend

Rameek 02-05-2007 07:08 AM

55 degrees in Tokyo...
South Beach was ok when I was younger but I prefer to go Golfing down there only now...

Rasheed1 02-05-2007 09:33 AM

South Beach in probably the most wonderful place in the United States weather and female wise....

Females are really incredible, parties, wet tshirt contests...

Its a like a candy store filled with all the women you ever wanted to get next to....

det2orl 02-05-2007 11:19 AM

Yep, the sights and the weather are amazing.

GOBB 02-05-2007 11:24 AM

Yeah I almost moved down there until reality hit in. Its just a place to travel and spend some time there. It can get old. I go there for 2-3 weeks every year in the summer. Might be going to Ft Lauderdale in mid march. Havent decided.

mlh1981 02-05-2007 11:55 AM

agreed. I wouldn't want to live there, either. I think the noise and commotion would get old after awhile.

MostBallinPlayer 02-05-2007 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
Yeah I almost moved down there until reality hit in. Its just a place to travel and spend some time there. It can get old. I go there for 2-3 weeks every year in the summer. Might be going to Ft Lauderdale in mid march. Havent decided.

Family lived there they said it never gets old, but you gotta have the dough to live there, ain't cheap. That's why most of us live with the snow.