Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   in a jam over craigslist..? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287920)

TheMarkMadsen 01-20-2013 04:53 PM

in a jam over craigslist..?

I've had problems with the Superdrive on my Macbook Pro (late 2008) almost from the beginning.

I recently acquired it over craigslist for what i thought at the time was a very reasonable price of $250, i had asked the guy numerous questions prior to making the purchase and everything seemed to check out okay, so I decided to go ahead and meet up with the guy, when we met up he even threw in a soft protective case which i thought i was extremely nice. However, there is one major problem..

The problem i'm having is that it selectively rejects CD's and DVD's for no apparent reason. I inserted a Wu cd yesterday, finally got it to mount, and saw the first three song titles in English and the rest in what appeared to be either Japanese or Korean.

I found a superdrive over ebay for around $45.00 and politely e-mailed the guy i had met over craigslist asking for $50.00 to cover the charges, he has yet to email me back..

am i being unreasonable? i realize that he was selling it for a good price however i feel because of my extensive questioning prior to meeting him that i should have been informed that the superdrive was not working properly. I feel like that's something hard to miss when you are preparing to sell a macbook.

I'm not sure if i should send him another e-mail in a few days if he still hasn't responded or if I should just let it go all together, i just don't feel like he was being very honest and upfront and that doesn't sit well with me, but it also could have been an honest mistake.

QUIZZLE 01-20-2013 05:03 PM

Re: in a jam over craigslist..?

No offense, but you probably have the same chance of getting your money back as Lance Armstrong has growing a second nut back.

Rose 01-20-2013 05:08 PM

Why did you pay that much for one? They're like 70ish on Amazon.:confusedshrug:

I would at least email him again just to try, worse thing that could happen is he ignores you.

EDIT: I see why now you thought it was reasonable..got it.

Myth 01-20-2013 05:12 PM

If this were a real post and we hadn't seen the actual thread, most people would come in supporting your side of the story and call the other guy a dick until he responds.

We already obviously know that the actual side we heard is pretty reasonable with the OP trying to figure how to approach it. But the point is well made MMadsen.

Edit: Ok, maybe not "obviously" as I see several people responding seriously to you.

qrich 01-20-2013 05:13 PM

That's what you get for buying an Apple product....be mad :mad:

DeuceWallaces 01-20-2013 05:17 PM

I might have laughed if the OT didn't have the same joke like 4 posts in.

L.Kizzle 01-20-2013 05:20 PM

Who buys anything from a dude named Craig?

jaydacris 01-20-2013 06:37 PM

haha wow that is crazy,
theres another guy on insidehoops who's having trouble with a buyer and i think he sold a macbook for around the same price, and same apparent problem

what a small world

enayes 01-20-2013 08:45 PM

you ain't getting sh1t b1tch