Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Joe Flacco >>> "Matty Ice" (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287947)

Heavincent 01-20-2013 10:31 PM

Joe Flacco >>> "Matty Ice"
 
Flacco has some regular season stinkers, but more often than not, he shows up to play in the postseason. He's outperformed Brady two years in a row, and outplayed Peyton last week.

Now before you say "well the Ravens are a better team and bla bla bla", shut up. Just shut the fuck up. Matt Ryan has an all pro supporting cast on offense. The GOAT TE, two 1100+ yard receivers, and a decent set of RB's. He just hasn't played nearly as well as Flacco has in the playoffs. Simple as that. Flacco was carried early in his career, but now he is leading the offense. His numbers have been great in the last few years, and he's come up huge in late game situations.

Matt Ryan is a regular season hero, but I still don't trust him in the playoffs. He stunk it up in the second half today. If I want to beat some crappy team in the regular season, give me Ryan. If I want to win a big playoff game, I'm taking Flacco without a shadow of doubt.

STATUTORY 01-20-2013 10:33 PM

Re: Joe Flacco >>> "Matty Ice"
 
no doubt. matt ryan has a questionable arm. People like to slack Joe flacco cause of his completion rates but he throws a ridiculous % of his passes down the field.

Jackass18 01-20-2013 10:47 PM

Re: Joe Flacco >>> "Matty Ice"
 
I've said enough about QBs for now, so I'll just nitpick this comment:

Quote:

Matt Ryan has an all pro supporting cast on offense. The GOAT TE, two 1100+ yard receivers, and a decent set of RB's.

Their RBs sucked this year. They had one of the worst rushing games in the league. I probably wouldn't have bothered nitpicking here, but that asshole (Michael Turner) hurt me in FF this year.

Richesly 01-20-2013 11:01 PM

Re: Joe Flacco >>> "Matty Ice"
 
Matt Ryan has to carry the worst defense in the league.

AboveTheRim. 01-20-2013 11:10 PM

Re: Joe Flacco >>> "Matty Ice"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richesly
Matt Ryan has to carry the worst defense in the league.


No, just no.

-p.tiddy- 01-20-2013 11:47 PM

Re: Joe Flacco >>> "Matty Ice"
 
I think Ryan in the better QB...and he IS the better QB

so simple mind ot declare a 87.7 rating passer is better than a 99.1 rated passer over 2 games that were played by entire teams, not just QBs.


also, Ryan isn't the only one with bad ass WRs in this debate, Boldin was amazing this year as was Torrey Smith. Pitta looks to be a solid TE, and Ray Rice is Ray Rice.

and I don't even have to mention the Bal D that held NE to 13 points today

-p.tiddy- 01-20-2013 11:50 PM

Re: Joe Flacco >>> "Matty Ice"
 
btw, were you guys aware that compition in the playoffs is actually harder than in the regular season? Were any of you aware that the post season is where the good teams go to battle it out?

Just asking because some of you make it sound as though some QBs actually change into different people via magic when the playoffs come around.

Jameerthefear 01-21-2013 12:10 AM

Re: Joe Flacco >>> "Matty Ice"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
btw, were you guys aware that compition in the playoffs is actually harder than in the regular season? Were any of you aware that the post season is where the good teams go to battle it out?

Just asking because some of you make it sound as though some QBs actually change into different people via magic when the playoffs come around.

It's certainly not magic, but some players just have a different gear they go into come playoff time. Like Eli Manning for instance.

Pacers4ever 01-21-2013 12:28 AM

Re: Joe Flacco >>> "Matty Ice"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackass18
I've said enough about QBs for now, so I'll just nitpick this comment:



Their RBs sucked this year. They had one of the worst rushing games in the league. I probably wouldn't have bothered nitpicking here, but that asshole (Michael Turner) hurt me in FF this year.

You have to give some credit to ryan giving his receiving core those stats, he's a good QB but not elite

-p.tiddy- 01-21-2013 12:46 AM

Re: Joe Flacco >>> "Matty Ice"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
It's certainly not magic, but some players just have a different gear they go into come playoff time. Like Eli Manning for instance.

No, he just happened to have some good games post season...his stats post season arent that much different the regular season.

The Giants AS A TEAM got hot

Heavincent 01-21-2013 01:08 AM

Re: Joe Flacco >>> "Matty Ice"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I think Ryan in the better QB...and he IS the better QB

so simple mind ot declare a 87.7 rating passer is better than a 99.1 rated passer over 2 games that were played by entire teams, not just QBs.


also, Ryan isn't the only one with bad ass WRs in this debate, Boldin was amazing this year as was Torrey Smith. Pitta looks to be a solid TE, and Ray Rice is Ray Rice.

and I don't even have to mention the Bal D that held NE to 13 points today


I'm not strictly talking about wins and team success, I'm talking about how they actually played individually. Flacco destroys Ryan in terms of playoff performance. Not just in wins, but in just about every category.

Flacco playoff stats: 13 TD's and 8 INT's, 2,145 passing yards, 54% completion. 8-4 playoff record

Ryan playoff stats: 9 TD's and 7 INT's, 1,230 passing yards, 66% completion. 1-4 playoff record. Got smoked by GB at home, shut out by the Giants, and got shut out in the second half at home this year.

Flacco outplayed Tom Brady and Peyton in back to back games on the road. Matt Ryan has never outplayed the opposing QB in the playoffs. Even last week, I'd say Russell Wilson had a better game.

Like I said, regular season goes to Ryan, playoffs clearly go to Flacco.

GOBB 01-21-2013 10:15 AM

Re: Joe Flacco >>> "Matty Ice"
 
I agree with primetime.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy