Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Fixing My Beloved Lakers (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2880)

kkinchen 06-26-2006 03:56 PM

Fixing My Beloved Lakers

Hey,

What trades should the lakers make to try to bring them back to being a championship caliber team? Which players, presumably fed up with being on losing teams, and either at the peak of their career, or slightly after their peak, is going to go trophy hunting by moving to LA to play with Kobe.

Who can the Lakers afford, realistically? What players should they give up to get a solid guy? And who out there would want to team with Bryant, given his reputation, to try to make a championship run?

TheGreatNumber8 06-26-2006 03:59 PM

Marcus Bank should dramatically change the Lakers. He is a defensive liabilty unlike Smush. Also adding James White from FA would help a lot.

kkinchen 06-26-2006 04:03 PM

go evans

Personally, I think they should pursue Reggie Evans. This guy is a rebounding machine. This guy could be the 2006-2007 version of Dennis Rodman for this Lakers squad. I say draft him, and if possible, Danny Fortson, and these guys are right back in it. This is the depth chart I want to see for the Lakers next year.

Smush Parker/ James White
Kobe Bryant/ Sasha Vujacic
Lamar Odom/ Devean George
Reggie Evans/ Danny Fortson
Kwame Brown/ Andrew Bynum

In addition, give Ronny Turiaf and Pops Mensah-Bonsu a few minutes each game, and you are looking at a team that is fun to watch, and liked by the fans. How can you not like a guy named Pops who can fly, and James White who can soar?

This looks like a killer squad to me. They would have it all: speed, quickness, muscle, finesse, toughness, shooting accuracy, excitement, and most importantly, the addition of guys like Pops Mensah-Bonsu and James white, who are both fan favorites, would counteract the hatred of Kobe, and loathing of Kwame to the point where the team is actually like by the general public.

What do you all think?

Y2Gezee 06-26-2006 04:05 PM

Eitehr Kwame playing like a number 1 pick or KG. U have a better chance of the latter.

wang4three 06-26-2006 04:12 PM

Quote:

Marcus Bank should dramatically change the Lakers. He is a defensive liabilty unlike Smush. Also adding James White from FA would help a lot.

Do you know what liability means?

TheGreatNumber8 06-26-2006 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wang4three
Do you know what liability means?

"In the most general sense, a liability is anything that is a hindrance, or puts individuals at a disadvantage."

wang4three 06-26-2006 04:17 PM

So you're serious that Marcus Banks is more of a defensive liability than Smush Parker?

glidedrxlr22 06-26-2006 04:19 PM

Trade Kobe away. He's a cancer to your team.

TheGreatNumber8 06-26-2006 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wang4three
So you're serious that Marcus Banks is more of a defensive liability than Smush Parker?

Have you watched Banks Play? Why do you think so many teams are trying to acquire him? His strong point is his defense.

TheGreatNumber8 06-26-2006 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
Trade Kobe away. He's a cancer to your team.

I woudn't be talking. Your JailBlazers could make a starting five for the all prison team.

Heretik32 06-26-2006 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreatNumber8
Have you watched Banks Play? Why do you think so many teams are trying to acquire him? His strong point is his defense.

So why do you claim he's more of a defensive liability?

wang4three 06-26-2006 04:29 PM

Quote:

You said that Marcus Banks is a defensive liability...MEANING HE'S NOT GOOD AT DEFENSE. Read your original statement again. I know Marcus Banks is a good defensive player. You just don't know English.

vert48 06-26-2006 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreatNumber8

What you mean is that he is NOT a defensive liability.

TheGreatNumber8 06-26-2006 04:31 PM

Whoops, my bad.

Heretik32 06-26-2006 04:35 PM

Aah, the mist clears ;)