Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Tim Brown accuses Bill Callahan of sabotaging Raiders before SB for Gruden. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288164)

Real Men Wear Green 01-22-2013 10:16 AM

Tim Brown accuses Bill Callahan of sabotaging Raiders before SB for Gruden.

Wow, and why come forward now?

Changing the game plan could easily be explained by Callahan thinking there was a better way to do it. But on the flip side there's no motivation for Brown to just make this up. Nowhere near enough info here to take a side.

GOBB 01-22-2013 10:26 AM

Re: Tim Brown accuses Bill Callahan of sabotaging Raiders before SB for Gruden.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Wow, and why come forward now?

Changing the game plan could easily be explained by Callahan thinking there was a better way to do it. But on the flip side there's no motivation for Brown to just make this up. Nowhere near enough info here to take a side.

44 pass attempts only 9 rushes according to Mike and Mike. 7 by Charlie Garner who originally wasnt in the game plan. Seems like he is valid in what he said about the gameplan vs TB.

No clue why he is coming forward now tho.

Real Men Wear Green 01-22-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
44 pass attempts only 9 rushes according to Mike and Mike. 7 by Charlie Garner who originally wasnt in the game plan. Seems like he is valid in what he said about the gameplan vs TB.

No clue why he is coming forward now tho.

You can certainly prove the game plan sucks but sabotage? That's a heavy charge. And who is going to give up their shot at a Superbowl win? That's how a coach starts his path to the Hall of Fame and the big contracts, endorsements, etc. That would have to be one heck of a friendship.

GOBB 01-22-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
You can certainly prove the game plan sucks but sabotage? That's a heavy charge. And who is going to give up their shot at a Superbowl win? That's how a coach starts his path to the Hall of Fame and the big contracts, endorsements, etc. That would have to be one heck of a friendship.

Reading is fundamental. I just read full story I didn't realize that is what he claimed. I just heard mike and mike discussing it and assumed he said dude changed a gameplan last minute. Didnt realize he thought dude may have given Gruden the SB out of loyalty. That's nuts I don't buy that. I do question the nutty changing of gameplans but the extra stuff? Eh you are right

irondarts 01-22-2013 11:17 AM

Not buying it.

mlh1981 01-22-2013 12:46 PM

I'm looking at the Barrett Robbins angle of this. Callahan may simply have panicked when he lost his services, and therefore, lost some confidence running the ball.

irondarts 01-22-2013 08:01 PM

Now Jerry Rice has come forward backing Tim Browns claims:

Quote:

Jerry Rice has come forward to say he sides with his former teammate Tim Brown in believing that Callahan wanted to lose.

Rice, who was on the Raiders team that lost Super Bowl XXXVII to the Buccaneers, said on ESPN that Callahan disliked his players, disliked his team, and was willing to let his old boss, then-Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden, beat him.

"For some reason—and I don't know why—Bill Callahan did not like me," Rice said. "In a way, maybe because he didn't like the Raiders, he decided, ‘Maybe we should sabotage this a little bit and let Jon Gruden go out and win this one.'

This story just picked up a lot of steam.

I still don't know though, Callahan is an epic douchebag, so a lot of people probably hate him.

Real Men Wear Green 01-23-2013 07:04 AM

So now we have possibly the two greatest statistical WRs of all time saying this. I still see nothing to prosecute but if Callahan doesn't do great in Dallas it could be the end for him in the NFL.

Sarcastic 01-23-2013 09:09 AM

LMAO :lol

When Tim Brown says it: "Bullshit. You have absolutely no proof"

When Jerry Rice says it: "Hmmm. Maybe"

:roll:

Real Men Wear Green 01-23-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarcastic

People that actually read can see that I never discounted the possibility. Just said that there's nowhere near enough proof (and am still saying the same thing).

Skywalker 01-23-2013 10:34 AM

I believe it. Callahan always seemed like a knob. Rice says Callahan didn't like the Raiders organization so that seals it for me.

irondarts 01-23-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarcastic

It's more about another teammate confirming the story.

Sarcastic 01-23-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irondarts
It's more about another teammate confirming the story.

If it was Jerry Rice that came out with the story first, and no one backed it, I think the reaction would be different from the start. He wouldn't be called an angry hater, or any of the other things Tim Brown is being called now. The double standard is just funny.

Anyway, I don't know if Callahan purposely threw the game or not, but I do remember watching that game and thinking it was the worst coached game I had ever seen. It seemed like Tampa knew exactly if it was a pass or run on virtually every play.

Heavincent 01-23-2013 05:02 PM

I can't find the clip, but during the game Jon Lynch went up to Gruden and said, "they're doing everything you said they would."

ballinhun8 01-24-2013 09:59 AM

So are we putting * for the 2001-2004 Champs lol?