Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Scalebrine DESTROYS Boston's best street ballers (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288219)

Clippersfan86 01-22-2013 04:07 PM

Scalebrine DESTROYS Boston's best street ballers

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/01/2...an-scalabrine/

So remember that "Scallenge" Brian had? Where he said he got sick of people running their mouths and challenged the best of Boston to come play him 1 on 1? Well...

"Scalabrine — who spent the last few seasons of his career seen as the “human victory cigar” — easily defeated all four of his opponents, throwing down monstrous jams and sinking smooth jumpers as he beat them all by a combined score of 44-6."

ganja0710 01-22-2013 04:09 PM

Re: Scalebrine DESTROYS Boston's best street ballers

Weren't there people on this forum saying they could beat the worst player in the league? I even heard somebody say they could take Toney Douglas. :oldlol: Take notes, kids.

Clippersfan86 01-22-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ganja0710
Weren't there people on this forum saying they could beat the worst player in the league? I even heard somebody say they could take Toney Douglas. :oldlol: Take notes, kids.

It's very humbling for sure for people. Even if you played college ball... the lowest NBA players will push your shit in and demolish you.

SpecialQue 01-22-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ganja0710

Right here:

http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=285795

The dumbest thread I've ever seen on the internet.

Clippersfan86 01-22-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpecialQue
Right here:

http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=285795

The dumbest thread I've ever seen on the internet.

:roll:

ballup 01-22-2013 04:29 PM

There's a reason as to why he's the GOAT of basketball. :bowdown:

andgar923 01-22-2013 04:32 PM

I tried watching some of that.

ZZZZZ

NattyPButter 01-22-2013 04:38 PM

Is this a joke? All I saw was 3 middle aged white guys.

Clippersfan86 01-22-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NattyPButter
Is this a joke? All I saw was 3 middle aged white guys.

That was the 3 guys who hosted the event and that he beat 1 vs 3 for an 11-1 score. Not the guys he played 1 on 1. The younger guys were his opponents two of which played college ball.

fpliii 01-22-2013 04:40 PM

Those are Boston's best street ballers? Damn...

Respect to Scal though.

ProfessorMurder 01-22-2013 04:43 PM

Hilarious, and expected. Scal's no joke. In one of the last C's games he was color commenter on, Gorman called Scal a civilian and Scal took offense to it... Then he goes and shits on these real civilians.

LJJ 01-22-2013 04:43 PM

Nice.

I don't know where the hell they got that second guy though? I can sort of see the others to do decent in a pickup game, but that second guy was god awful.

Clippersfan86 01-22-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJJ
Nice.

I don't know where the hell they got that second guy though? I can sort of see the others to do decent in a pickup game, but that second guy was god awful.

Okay maybe not the best... but better than most of us on ISH probably (1st and 3rd guy). I read that two of them played college ball, including 1 at Syracuse so obviously they aren't that scrubby.

Rake2204 01-22-2013 04:49 PM

I just finished watching the first matchup. For those who didn't read or watch, Scalabrine's first opponent was Matt Tomaszewski, a 6'8'' walk-on at Syracuse last year. The game was to 11 with a 10 second shot clock and stoppage in play after each shot. Both Matt and Scalabrine seemed to leave a lot of shots out there. Tomaszewski looked kind of awkward at times, then not bad at others (ex: air balled some good looks, then drilled a few lefty hooks). Scalabrine didn't exactly dominate, but then again, the other guy was 6'8'', so regardless of his skill, it's a moderate sized body for Scal to work against.

Clippersfan86 01-22-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rake2204
I just finished watching the first matchup. For those who didn't read or watch, Scalabrine's first opponent was Matt Tomaszewski, a 6'8'' walk-on at Syracuse last year. The game was to 11 with a 10 second shot clock and stoppage in play after each shot. Both Matt and Scalabrine seemed to leave a lot of shots out there. Tomaszewski looked kind of awkward at times, then not bad at others (ex: air balled some good looks, then drilled a few lefty hooks). Scalabrine didn't exactly dominate, but then again, the other guy was 6'8'', so regardless of his skill, it's a moderate sized body for Scal to work against.

I wonder if we took the best college players and put them against the role players of the NBA though? Now THAT one I think a lot of the college players would win.