Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New school shooting in Houston.. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288229)

millwad 01-22-2013 04:48 PM

New school shooting in Houston..

http://mobile.chron.com/chron/db_271...tguid=jq2igB2W

nathanjizzle 01-22-2013 05:19 PM

Re: New school shooting in Houston..

another day another dollar

D-Rose 01-22-2013 05:21 PM

Basically two idiots shooting at each other on a college campus and injure others in crossfire :facepalm

knickballer 01-22-2013 05:25 PM

It's kinda like you want these events to transpire to further fuel your gun control argument...

Real Men Wear Green 01-22-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickballer
It's kinda like you want these events to transpire to further fuel your gun control argument...

Yeah let's blame gun control arguments for shootings.

longhornfan1234 01-22-2013 05:52 PM

Just another gang shooting. Nothing to see here.

andgar923 01-22-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
Just another gang shooting. Nothing to see here.

:roll:

That's the excuse the gun nuts typically use.

Uh… if there was stricter gun laws some of these guns wouldn't be obtained, legally or illegally. It will only make it harder to obtain and then to traffic.

YES the illegal black market will exist, but it will become harder for criminals to obtain them.

And NO, not all guns obtained by gangs are illegal. I've known plenty of people that obtained them legally.

millwad 01-22-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

What a stupid post, my gun control arguments are valid due the fact that lunatics like this exists. If that doesn't make sense to you, then I have a hard time to see what would.

Sarcastic 01-22-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

YES!!!! Gun control advocates want EVEN MORE SHOOTINGS!!!!!!!

MOAR!!!! MOAR!!!! MOAR!!!!!

johndeeregreen 01-22-2013 06:22 PM

Not saying gun control isn't an important discussion that needs to be had, but man, to me we really gotta figure out why this shit keeps happening. What is going on in the heads of these f*cking kids and why are they doing this shit? Good God.

97 bulls 01-22-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andgar923
:roll:

That's the excuse the gun nuts typically use.

Uh… if there was stricter gun laws some of these guns wouldn't be obtained, legally or illegally. It will only make it harder to obtain and then to traffic.

YES the illegal black market will exist, but it will become harder for criminals to obtain them.

And NO, not all guns obtained by gangs are illegal. I've known plenty of people that obtained them legally.

Ill take it a step further. ALL GUNS THAT ARE CURRENTLY ON THE STREETS WERE AT SOME POINT LEGALLY PURCHASED. This is whats so ****ing crazy. These gun nuts are insane. All we want to do is try to make it harder for them to fall into the wrong hands.

miller-time 01-22-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Not saying gun control isn't an important discussion that needs to be had, but man, to me we really gotta figure out why this shit keeps happening. What is going on in the heads of these f*cking kids and why are they doing this shit? Good God.

I do think there is a relationship between gun culture and the behaviour of these mentally unstable people. Banning guns outright won't do much, but I think restrictions and attaching a stigma to them (like cigarettes) will help towards making them less desirable.

andgar923 01-22-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97 bulls
Ill take it a step further. ALL GUNS THAT ARE CURRENTLY ON THE STREETS WERE AT SOME POINT LEGALLY PURCHASED. This is whats so ****ing crazy. These gun nuts are insane. All we want to do is try to make it harder for them to fall into the wrong hands.

I know you're being hyperbolic but you're right to some extent. There's plenty of guns that were legally purchased and later ended up in the wrong hands, either via theft or they were sold.

97 bulls 01-22-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andgar923
I know you're being hyperbolic but you're right to some extent. There's plenty of guns that were legally purchased and later ended up in the wrong hands, either via theft or they were sold.

In my research, i fojnd out that a very small percentage of guns possessed by criminals were through home invasion. I believe it was roughly 5%. So while it was an exaggeration on my part, its more than true

BGriffin's Dad 01-22-2013 06:43 PM

how many dead?