Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Durant has GOAT potential? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288335)

iDunk 01-23-2013 01:11 PM

Durant has GOAT potential?

I think so.

His talent is limitless, the game is just becoming too easy for him. If he wins like 3-5 championships , wins 2-3 MVPs, countless scoring championships, & scores 32,000 .. I think he could be the GOAT. Those achievements are not out of the question.

Clippersfan86 01-23-2013 01:12 PM

Re: Durant has GOAT potential?

Not Goat but he easily has top 10 all time potential with a chance at top 5 if he wins enough rings. It's crazy because until this year when he took a huge step in his all around game I never thought I'd be saying this.

red1 01-23-2013 01:12 PM

Many players have goat potential but few achieve what mj did thus mj will always get the nod. In just the past decade shaq and lbj both had what it takes but neither got it and neither will durant

kenny817 01-23-2013 01:13 PM

Shut up

LikeABosh 01-23-2013 01:13 PM

He doesn't have the defensive skills and court vision, passing skills to become the GOAT

KG215 01-23-2013 01:18 PM

No. He's not ever going to be as good as '90-'93 Jordan. His final career resume will not match Jordan's either. However, he's got the potential to finish top 10-15 all-time. He'll have to have one hell of a creer to surpas guys in the bottom half of most top 10's -- Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Hakeem, West, Robertson.

STATUTORY 01-23-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG215
No. He's not ever going to be as good as '90-'93 Jordan. His final career resume will not match Jordan's either. However, he's got the potential to finish top 10-15 all-time. He'll have to have one hell of a creer to surpas guys in the bottom half of most top 10's -- Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Hakeem, West, Robertson.

where is Lebron then?

Spaulding 01-23-2013 01:26 PM

I do not think Durant will be GOAT, heck Bird was better than him and he's not even GOAT.

However, Durant is a superstar, playing at an amazing high level. With a few championships perhaps I would not be surprised if he is top 10 all time by the time he's done.

Clippersfan86 01-23-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STATUTORY
where is Lebron then?

Lebron will likely finish top 5 all time if he wins a couple more rings, Durant will finish top 10-15, maybe break the top 10 with a couple rings himself. OKC fans should be very happy and grateful that they got Durant. Portland probably hates their life right now :oldlol: .

KyrieTheFuture 01-23-2013 01:29 PM

Absolutely not you gotta be at least a good defender to be in that category. GOAT offensive player perhaps.

Mr. Incredible 01-23-2013 01:31 PM

He'll have a 0% chance if he loses to LeBron in the Finals again this year.

Clippersfan86 01-23-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
Absolutely not you gotta be at least a good defender to be in that category. GOAT offensive player perhaps.

Durant has become a very respectable to good defender. Not anywhere near good enough to dethrone Jordan but his defense isn't an issue in general.

DuMa 01-23-2013 01:32 PM

he has the potential yes. hes still very young and could become a better defensive player. his wingspan is so freakish by nba standards. everyone else in the NBA is already a freak. hes like 10x a freak, so i have no doubt he will become a great defensive player. i've seen flashes.

but to be GOAT. hes gonna have to be much much bettter than lebron the next 4-5 years. and i mean clear-cut. like how Jordan was the clear cut better play by 1990, 1991 than everyone else in the NBA.

LikeABosh 01-23-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Durant has become a very respectable to good defender. Not anywhere near good enough to dethrone Jordan but his defense isn't an issue in general.

Yea, he's become a serviceable defender but that's it. You can't be the GOAT if your just an average defender.

KG215 01-23-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STATUTORY
where is Lebron then?

Top 12-15 right now probably. I should've probably included him in that list. His name just slipped my mind.