Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Would Gregg Popovich have the balls to bench Kobe if he was the Lakers coach? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288366)

Ancient Legend 01-23-2013 05:47 PM

Would Gregg Popovich have the balls to bench Kobe if he was the Lakers coach?
 
Let's say that Kobe was 3/15 shooting entering the 4th qtr with 6 TO's, would Pop bench him (regular season game) like he has done with Parker, Ginobili and Duncan? I don't recall even Phil ever benching Kobe.

How do you think Pop would handle the current Lakers mess ?

alleykat 01-23-2013 05:50 PM

Re: Would Gregg Popovich have the balls to bench Kobe if he was the Lakers coach?
 
Gregg won't take any of it.
Unlike pringles, gregg knows wut he's doing...

Droid101 01-23-2013 05:54 PM

Re: Would Gregg Popovich have the balls to bench Kobe if he was the Lakers coach?
 
I doubt it, knowing that Kupchak would "bench" Pop into unemployment if he did.

Borat 01-23-2013 05:55 PM

Re: Would Gregg Popovich have the balls to bench Kobe if he was the Lakers coach?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Droid101
I doubt it, knowing that Kupchak would "bench" Pop into unemployment if he did.


Pop wouldn't do it. Kobe wouldn't play that way to begin with.

LoneyROY7 01-23-2013 05:57 PM

Re: Would Gregg Popovich have the balls to bench Kobe if he was the Lakers coach?
 
Pop would probably turn the Lakers into an unstoppable juggernaut.

knickscity 01-23-2013 06:14 PM

Re: Would Gregg Popovich have the balls to bench Kobe if he was the Lakers coach?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
Pop wouldn't do it. Kobe wouldn't play that way to begin with.

We have a winner.

Purch 01-23-2013 08:02 PM

Re: Would Gregg Popovich have the balls to bench Kobe if he was the Lakers coach?
 
If Pop had Kobe since his rookie season, I think there's no doubt he'd be a completely different player.

JellyBean 01-23-2013 08:40 PM

Re: Would Gregg Popovich have the balls to bench Kobe if he was the Lakers coach?
 
Heck yeah. You see that he benched Timmy, Tony P and Manu at some points in their careers. It is coaches like Pop who have that cred that can do that to stars of Kobe's status. I think B-Shaw could have benched Kobe as well.

You would never see Lawerence Frank trying to bench Kobe. All heck would break loose up in Hollywood if Frank tried to bench Kobe. You need that status. Riles could have done it.

rmt 01-23-2013 08:47 PM

Re: Would Gregg Popovich have the balls to bench Kobe if he was the Lakers coach?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JellyBean
Heck yeah. You see that he benched Timmy, Tony P and Manu at some points in their careers. It is coaches like Pop who have that cred that can do that to stars of Kobe's status. I think B-Shaw could have benched Kobe as well.

You would never see Lawerence Frank trying to bench Kobe. All heck would break loose up in Hollywood if Frank tried to bench Kobe. You need that status. Riles could have done it.


I'll remind you that Pop had no cred/status - he had a 73-73 NBA record at the start of their first championship season. The thread they had recently on GM survey in 02-03 didn't even have Pop listed as answer to any of the coach questions. Y'all think that he was "born" with the status he has now (gained after 4 rings). DRob and Duncan ALLOWED him to coach them.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy