Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   "Americans need right to protect themselves" - most BS regurgitated statement ever? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288388)

D-Rose 01-23-2013 09:21 PM

"Americans need right to protect themselves" - most BS regurgitated statement ever?
 
I hear this phrase all over the media and in public from people in favor of gun rights.

How incredibly flawed and dangerous is this thinking that is within the fabric of America?

It's really flat out disgusting and an excuse at best to avoid actual gun solutions.

longhornfan1234 01-23-2013 09:32 PM

Re: "Americans need right to protect themselves" - most BS regurgitated statement ever?
 
My guns are here to protect me from the government and criminals.

Balla_Status 01-23-2013 09:34 PM

Re: "Americans need right to protect themselves" - most BS regurgitated statement ever?
 
How the hell is it BS? People shouldn't be able to protect themselves from unwanted invasions into their homes? They have been real anecdotes of people doing this. Thus your OP is completely invalid.

MMM 01-23-2013 09:39 PM

Re: "Americans need right to protect themselves" - most BS regurgitated statement ever?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balla_Status
How the hell is it BS? People shouldn't be able to protect themselves from unwanted invasions into their homes? They have been real anecdotes of people doing this. Thus your OP is completely invalid.


I don't believe the necessary regulations/restrictions will impact ones ability to protect them selves. Obviously there are other who strongly disagree but overall I can see the OP's point. Seems, like a genuine debate can't be had if it always ends in they'll take our guns.

Jailblazers7 01-23-2013 09:39 PM

Re: "Americans need right to protect themselves" - most BS regurgitated statement ever?
 
I agree with this logic when it comes to keeping a gun in the home but not when it comes to the right to carry a firearm in public. Sorry but I don't want a bunch of untrained shmucks carrying a pistol around.

Balla_Status 01-23-2013 09:44 PM

Re: "Americans need right to protect themselves" - most BS regurgitated statement ever?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I agree with this logic when it comes to keeping a gun in the home but not when it comes to the right to carry a firearm in public. Sorry but I don't want a bunch of untrained shmucks carrying a pistol around.


Well, you're obviously uninformed. Carrying in public is actually regulated. There are times when people have protected themselves from carrying in public. See the shooting at the mall in Oregon.

And I bet you walk around in places where people do carry and you don't even think about it. Nobody does. And a very, very low percentage have committed crimes...somewhere in the .09% or less range.

MMM 01-23-2013 09:45 PM

Re: "Americans need right to protect themselves" - most BS regurgitated statement ever?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
My guns are here to protect me from the government and criminals.


I don't understand why this sentiment is so prevalent in America. Maybe, it is because of how powerful the America government is and what it has shown it is capable of. With that being said, what is the solution in regulating the power the state has so it isn't misused and tyranny is largely prevented.

Rockets(T-mac) 01-23-2013 09:47 PM

Re: "Americans need right to protect themselves" - most BS regurgitated statement ever?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I agree with this logic when it comes to keeping a gun in the home but not when it comes to the right to carry a firearm in public. Sorry but I don't want a bunch of untrained shmucks carrying a pistol around.

This. No way I'd feel safe with random people carrying concealed guns in public.

Let me guess since I don't feel safe I should get a gun too right? :oldlol:

MMM 01-23-2013 09:48 PM

Re: "Americans need right to protect themselves" - most BS regurgitated statement ever?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Well, you're obviously uninformed. Carrying in public is actually regulated. There are times when people have protected themselves from carrying in public. See the shooting at the mall in Oregon.

And I bet you walk around in places where people do carry and you don't even think about it. Nobody does. And a very, very low percentage have committed crimes...somewhere in the .09% or less range.


can you expand on that??
how far do the regulations go, because his concern was the carriers shooting ability.

Scoooter 01-23-2013 09:51 PM

Re: "Americans need right to protect themselves" - most BS regurgitated statement ever?
 
I think that's actually one of the strongest arguments in favor of Second Amendment rights. Why does anyone else, especially elected officials, get to dictate the extent to which I'm allowed to protect my own life?

Scoooter 01-23-2013 09:52 PM

Re: "Americans need right to protect themselves" - most BS regurgitated statement ever?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
This. No way I'd feel safe with random people carrying concealed guns in public.

Let me guess since I don't feel safe I should get a gun too right? :oldlol:

What about random people carrying diseases around in real life? Those are much deadlier than guns.

JtotheIzzo 01-23-2013 09:54 PM

Re: "Americans need right to protect themselves" - most BS regurgitated statement ever?
 
people should be allowed guns to protect themselves from carjackers and home invaders etc. and people should be allowed to hunt.

I think 95% of people think this is acceptable.

the idea that you need to protect yourself from the government with automatic rifles is f*cking laughabale.

if the government wanted you dead, it would be a quick predator drone strike and boom, goodnight.

rifles and shotguns for hunting and hand guns, 9mm etc. to protect yourself.

asking for anything else makes you a stooge and a delusional moron.

bmulls 01-23-2013 09:57 PM

Re: "Americans need right to protect themselves" - most BS regurgitated statement ever?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM
can you expand on that??
how far do the regulations go, because his concern was the carriers shooting ability.


It's different for every state. Most states require a shooting and safety test before you can acquire a concealed carry permit. There are a few that don't. Some states allow open carry without a permit, some require a permit, and some have banned it outright (Texas does not allow open carry).

MMM 01-23-2013 09:58 PM

Re: "Americans need right to protect themselves" - most BS regurgitated statement ever?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoooter
I think that's actually one of the strongest arguments in favor of Second Amendment rights. Why does anyone else, especially elected officials, get to dictate the extent to which I'm allowed to protect my own life?


You definitely have a right to protect your own life but there should be reasonable limits. So, it should be about how we put those limits in place. There are scenarios where if you exceed self defense that you would be opening up to criminal charges.

bmulls 01-23-2013 09:58 PM

Re: "Americans need right to protect themselves" - most BS regurgitated statement ever?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
people should be allowed guns to protect themselves from carjackers and home invaders etc. and people should be allowed to hunt.

I think 95% of people think this is acceptable.

the idea that you need to protect yourself from the government with automatic rifles is f*cking laughabale.

if the government wanted you dead, it would be a quick predator drone strike and boom, goodnight.

rifles and shotguns for hunting and hand guns, 9mm etc. to protect yourself.

asking for anything else makes you a stooge and a delusional moron.


Thanks for showing everybody what a moron you are. Automatic weapons have been banned for over 25 years.

Edit: Isn't it wonderful how we are trying to have a national debate on gun control and yet the majority of people have no fcking clue what they are talking about? They don't even pretend to be informed, they just talk straight out of their asshole.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy