Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Jets open to trading Revis (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288479)

niko 01-24-2013 08:42 AM

Jets open to trading Revis

Translation: Cheap ass owner doesn't want to pay him.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...cording-source

The way the Jets leak things look for stories about what a terrible human being Revis is to pop up soon.

Real Men Wear Green 01-24-2013 01:31 PM

Re: Jets open to trading Revis

They may smear him unfairly in the future but I can understand not wanting to hand a guy the biggest non-QB contract in the league (or whatever he demands) coming off a season-ending knee surgery. The question is who/what they get in return, because if they don't get real value in return and they have another season of Sanchez with no offensive weapons there's no reason for the NY fanbase to believe in them.

Carbine 01-24-2013 01:52 PM

It's not at all about "being cheap." Not one bit.

The NFL does not have a cap like the MLB, where teams can spend and spend and spend. This is not the NBA where teams can go over the cap but have to pay a luxury tax.

This is the NFL. Hard cap.

I can certainly understand, and actually agree with not wanting to pay a corner 16 million per year over a number of years. That's QB type money. Tom Brady makes 18 per year.

Not like the Jets pass defense went to sh!t after he went down. They were second overall.

Heavincent 01-24-2013 03:54 PM

Another brilliant idea by Woody Johnson :facepalm

Fucking idiot.

knickballer 01-24-2013 05:56 PM

Jets have little salary cap flexibility atm and that's the biggest problem. Sanchez is probably staying put unless they find someone willing to take his contract, they are probably going to part ways with players like Calvin Pace and Bart Scott(useless players), etc.

-p.tiddy- 01-24-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavincent

Fucking idiot.

yeah, they pretty much have to trade him now...not a smart thing to just throw out there to the public

Heavincent 01-24-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
yeah, they pretty much have to trade him now...not a smart thing to just throw out there to the public

I bet Revis is pissed now. He said he wants to be a Jet for life, and then Woody says he's open to trading him? Way to piss off one of the best players in franchise history :rolleyes:

code green 01-24-2013 09:32 PM

They've had Revis at an absolute STEAL for the past couple of years, and when it comes time to reward him for what he's done for that defense it's "ehh, too rich for my blood, go **** yourself." These guys are paying Antonio Cromartie's overrated ass 7 mil a year, and can't break off a little something something for someone who can shut down an entire side of the field even with the rules stacked against him? I think everyone's overblowing the kind of money he's asking for...he wants to be a Jet for life. He's sure as hell not asking for 16 million a season. Only the Jets...if it were any other organization I'd feel bad for their fans. If it makes you feel any better, we're going to do the same thing with arguably the best WR to every play for our franchise.

TheNaturalWR 01-24-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavincent

Fucking idiot.

Aren't the Jets able to clear up to 36 million in cap space if they cut certain shitty players? Trading your best player when your franchise is struggling, idiots....

Heavincent 01-25-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
Aren't the Jets able to clear up to 36 million in cap space if they cut certain shitty players? Trading your best player when your franchise is struggling, idiots....

They will save a lot by cutting Scott, Pace, and Eric Smith.

I just don't see the purpose in trading Revis. It would actually hurt their cap this year. This isn't some merely good defensive player, this is an all time great CB we're talking about. You don't just go around shopping him. Not to mention the Jets don't have any leverage. Teams know they're in a tough spot in terms of the cap, and Revis is coming off ACL surgery.

I just don't see the point. Give him a new deal and be done with it.

stalf 01-25-2013 12:22 AM

pay holmes, sanchez, pace, scott over revis? :/

Heavincent 01-25-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stalf
pay holmes, sanchez, pace, scott over revis? :/

I know, right? :oldlol:

"Lets give Sanchez a big contract extension. I think he's deserved it."

"Sir, what should we do with Revis?"

"Eh...lets see what his trade value is."

ClutchOver9000 01-25-2013 02:20 AM

Revis to the Giants? :D

j/k...though if it was somehow feasible that would be freaking awesome...

ALBballer 01-25-2013 09:10 AM

Can't blame them. The guys is the best CB in the league but he's always holding out and just came off a knee surgery.

What do you think his value is?

Bano114 01-25-2013 03:19 PM

What if the Cardinals traded for Revis?

Peterson and Revis on the same defense? :eek: