Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Article: Dwight Howard is at center of the Lakers' issue (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288607)

lakerfreak 01-25-2013 05:52 AM

Article: Dwight Howard is at center of the Lakers' issue
 
Quote:

The Lakers can't live with him. They can't live with his lack of dominance on defense, his passiveness on offense, his ability to laugh off missed throws, his inability to get tough with Bryant, and the nagging notion that his back problems may linger for the rest of his career.

The Lakers also can't live without him. With Bryant possibly leaving the Lakers after next season, they need a star and, for as small as Howard has played this season, he still rocks the stat sheets like a star. He still leads the league with a dozen rebounds per game, he ranks among the leaders with nearly three blocks, and he's averaging 16.7 points. And despite those who think he could be leaving this summer, there are about 28 million reasons why he would stay, which is the extra money the Lakers can pay him because he already plays here.

He's great. He's awful. He's huge. He's minuscule. He's D12. He's D-sastrous.

One night, he's going for 31 and 16. The next night, he's taking five shots in 30 minutes. Some nights he fills the lane and alters every shot. Other nights, you can watch an entire half without knowing he's there.

More here:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...6701743.column

I feel angry towards Dwight as well, but then again I don't really like Bill Plaschke. Take it for what its worth.

L.A. Jazz 01-25-2013 08:43 AM

Re: Article: Dwight Howard is at center of the Lakers' issue
 
He is right, it's tough for the Lakers, because Kobe is declining (numbers dont fool me, i watch games and see how he isnt a gamechanger anymore like he was) and Howard isnt looking like the leader of teh future.

NoGunzJustSkillz 01-25-2013 03:12 PM

Re: Article: Dwight Howard is at center of the Lakers' issue
 
you know, i forgot about dwight howard having a dozen baby-mamas. i'm sure he could use that extra $28 million a lil more than most nba superstars.

DKLaker 01-25-2013 04:10 PM

Re: Article: Dwight Howard is at center of the Lakers' issue
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
More here:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...6701743.column

I feel angry towards Dwight as well, but then again I don't really like Bill Plaschke. Take it for what its worth.


Not a bad read however what is missing is WHAT is the coach doing to get him involved in the offense, if all he really does is run down court to watch teammates jack up 3's while he gets 5-10 shots, that is not going to make him happy nor energized, If Dwight is energized he can lift the whole team.......as Shaq would say, you gotta feed the BIG DOG and then everyone else can eat.
I shudder to think if 'Antoni was coaching the Lakers during Magic's early years when he couldn't shoot, the coach would've had him air balling 3's and then benching him :facepalm :banghead:

Take what they do well and where they play well from.....and use them that way......it's really not that hard.

lakerfreak 01-25-2013 07:07 PM

Re: Article: Dwight Howard is at center of the Lakers' issue
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
Not a bad read however what is missing is WHAT is the coach doing to get him involved in the offense, if all he really does is run down court to watch teammates jack up 3's while he gets 5-10 shots, that is not going to make him happy nor energized, If Dwight is energized he can lift the whole team.......as Shaq would say, you gotta feed the BIG DOG and then everyone else can eat.
I shudder to think if 'Antoni was coaching the Lakers during Magic's early years when he couldn't shoot, the coach would've had him air balling 3's and then benching him :facepalm :banghead:

Take what they do well and where they play well from.....and use them that way......it's really not that hard.


Max and Marcellus said something today that surprised me. When D'Antoni was coaching NY, there were rumors that NY was willing to send Chandler and Amare to Orlando for Dwight. Apparently D'Antoni said he would have hated that trade. It makes me wonder why D'Antoni came here in the first place.

I will however mention what I saw in the game against the bulls a few days ago. Dwight had received the ball in the post a good 4 times in a row one point. Turned it over twice, and missed some shots. Is Dwight creating a misdirection for the place of blame? Is he really disinterested and wanting to leave? Or is he trying, but he just isn't that good offensively?

DKLaker 01-25-2013 08:02 PM

Re: Article: Dwight Howard is at center of the Lakers' issue
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Max and Marcellus said something today that surprised me. When D'Antoni was coaching NY, there were rumors that NY was willing to send Chandler and Amare to Orlando for Dwight. Apparently D'Antoni said he would have hated that trade. It makes me wonder why D'Antoni came here in the first place.

I will however mention what I saw in the game against the bulls a few days ago. Dwight had received the ball in the post a good 4 times in a row one point. Turned it over twice, and missed some shots. Is Dwight creating a misdirection for the place of blame? Is he really disinterested and wanting to leave? Or is he trying, but he just isn't that good offensively?


:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Hmmmmmmm........."Antoni came here because he was unemployed and all the other teams were too smart to consider him. He was shocked he got the job because he knows he sucks. what would YOU do if someone offered you millions of guaranteed dollars to do a job you couldn't do worth a sh!t.......you'd take it.....I'd take it......who hates free money......other than that Capital one baby :oldlol:

One concession, Dwight;s hands look like they were cloned from Kwame :banghead: I would love to coach him, I'd yell in his ear so hard it would blow....Squeeze the Fking ball, its not a fking egg for christ sake!!!! :oldlol:

lakerfreak 01-28-2013 01:06 AM

Re: Article: Dwight Howard is at center of the Lakers' issue
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Hmmmmmmm........."Antoni came here because he was unemployed and all the other teams were too smart to consider him. He was shocked he got the job because he knows he sucks. what would YOU do if someone offered you millions of guaranteed dollars to do a job you couldn't do worth a sh!t.......you'd take it.....I'd take it......who hates free money......other than that Capital one baby :oldlol:

One concession, Dwight;s hands look like they were cloned from Kwame :banghead: I would love to coach him, I'd yell in his ear so hard it would blow....Squeeze the Fking ball, its not a fking egg for christ sake!!!! :oldlol:


lol Well it looks like someone must have yelled plenty in Dwight's ear before these last two games. Seems like they yelled at Antoni too. Great offense, and good defense. If Dwight just does the dirty work like he's done these past few games, not only will his stat sheet look amazing, but we will win.

Im hoping Pau's success isn't much of a fluke either. If he plays like this, maybe we don't trade him.

DKLaker 01-28-2013 10:52 AM

Re: Article: Dwight Howard is at center of the Lakers' issue
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
lol Well it looks like someone must have yelled plenty in Dwight's ear before these last two games. Seems like they yelled at Antoni too. Great offense, and good defense. If Dwight just does the dirty work like he's done these past few games, not only will his stat sheet look amazing, but we will win.

Im hoping Pau's success isn't much of a fluke either. If he plays like this, maybe we don't trade him.


Keep up that optimism bro :cheers:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy