Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   What football position would you want to play the least? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288727)

Tarik One 01-26-2013 12:58 PM

What football position would you want to play the least?

Based on factors such as longevity, wear and tear, money, popularity/recognition or lack thereof, or just the difficulty of position.

Center - Extremely tough job. Probably the most grueling position in sports other than baseball catcher.

Running back

Carbine 01-26-2013 01:15 PM

Re: What football position would you want to play the least?

3/4 Nose Tackle.

mlh1981 01-26-2013 01:21 PM

Running backs take a beating, as they are essentially human battering rams, and by the time you are 28-30 years old, you are considered to be "old."

QUIZZLE 01-26-2013 03:19 PM

Punt return. Phuck that noise.

Real Men Wear Green 01-26-2013 03:35 PM

Funny to see positions listed where you get to touch the ball. Not to knock anyone but if you're worried about getting hurt football is the wrong game.

I wouldn't want to be any kind of kicker (not involved enough) and I wouldn't want to be an offensive lineman (I'll block but that wouldn't be all I want to do). Wouldn't want to be the size of any kind of lineman really, couldn't imagine being 300+ pounds.

mlh1981 01-26-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Funny to see positions listed where you get to touch the ball. Not to knock anyone but if you're worried about getting hurt football is the wrong game.

I wouldn't want to be any kind of kicker (not involved enough) and I wouldn't want to be an offensive lineman (I'll block but that wouldn't be all I want to do). Wouldn't want to be the size of any kind of lineman really, couldn't imagine being 300+ pounds.

I just see the RB position as a spot on the field, as it pertains to guys who regularly tough the ball, as having the smallest window of "earnings potential." You are done at 30. QBs and WR's can play deep into their 30s, and oftentimes get to choose when to call it quits, as opposed to being told that they are done.

Here's another position. Long snapper. No one knows anything about you, until that one time you **** up.

AboveTheRim. 01-26-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green

I would love to be a place kicker. I think it would be rough to only play special teams (not kicker/punter or a return man).

TylerOO 01-27-2013 03:41 AM

Offensive line. Seems boring just blocking

Timmy D for MVP 01-27-2013 04:02 AM

Prob. somewhere on the line. Especially offensive.

You get beat on the whole game through. You have to live an unhealthy lifestyle (in some cases) to maintain size. You generally don't have the same earnings potential as the "skill" positions do, and you generally don't get the recognition that they do.

Jackass18 01-27-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlh1981
Here's another position. Long snapper. No one knows anything about you, until that one time you **** up.

But you make a nice salary for it.

I'd go with center. You get beat up on by DTs and NGs, you get little to no recognition, and it's the least fun position IMO.

imdaman99 01-28-2013 01:39 PM

uhh lets see im 5'9 135-140 lbs... i dont think i would ever wanna block anyone :roll: shit i always wanted to be a WR, but knew id get killed anytime someone ever caught me :oldlol: i'll be kicker or punter. i thought i could be a punt returner and run out of bounds all the time, but then i figured what if they punt it to the middle of the field? i dont wanna be known as a chickenshit. i guess punter for me.

JMT 02-03-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
Punt return. Phuck that noise.

If you've ever returned punts, you know it's the most dangerous, unsettling, horrible jobs in sports.