Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Official Super Bowl Game Thread - Baltimore vs. SF (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288969)

niko 01-28-2013 02:38 PM

Official Super Bowl Game Thread - Baltimore vs. SF

Sun, Feb 3, 6:30 PM ET
Baltimore vs. San Fransisco
SF -3 1/2

DISCUSS! I have my thoughts but will wait till later in the week.... Discuss anything you need to from the week here.

-p.tiddy- 01-28-2013 02:49 PM

Re: Official Super Bowl Game Thread - Baltimore vs. SF

I hope Balt wins but it will be really annoying to see everyone proclaim Flacco as "elite" if they do win

I just don't want SF to get a 6th ring...can't have that :lol

ballinhun8 01-28-2013 03:11 PM

I really want to see Ray Ray leave on top but its more because I finally want to see Ed Reed win a SB. He's been so good and dominant that he needs a ring to solidify himself as possible GOAT S.

Although if SF wins then I'm happy Randy gets a ring. Guy is the second best WR of all time and that SB is the only thing he should have left to accomplish in this league. He was Tyree away in 07 from ring so maybe he gets his now.

imdaman99 01-28-2013 03:25 PM

Ballin, personally id rather have Ed Reed win than Moss. Moss has had a bad attitude for half of his career, while we never hear anything negative about Reed. Plus Reed is a beast, even 10+ years into his career.

But I'd rather have the 49ers win teamwise.

Sarcastic 01-28-2013 04:13 PM

There's a couple of guys on both sides that I feel deserve a ring.

SF - Randy Moss(obviously), Patrick Willis, Alex Smith (:lol )

Baltimore - Ed Reed, Anquan Boldin, and of course Ray Lewis

I guess out of those, Moss deserves it the most since Ray has 1 already. Moss has been on a 16-0 team, a 15-1 team, and has numerous records & a first ballot hall of famer. All he needs is the ring now.

-p.tiddy- 01-28-2013 04:23 PM

eh, if Moss wins a ring as a #2 (is he even the #2? I don't even know) then it won't mean nearly as much as when he was a #1 and main offensive threat

He has 28 catches and 434 yards this year...he is barely a factor at all on that offense

niko 01-28-2013 04:30 PM

Why does Moss deserve a ring? if he wins it, great. It's not a bad thing But what about him screams he deserves it? He's sick talented but he's a malcontent and a quitter at times. I remember against the Giants when we steamrolled the Vikings in 99, early in the game he just mentally checked out. He moved to avoid a hit on a play rather than catch the pass and it got picked off. I can think of a lot of people i'd say deserved it before him.

1987_Lakers 01-28-2013 05:16 PM

I think the 49ers are the better team, they are more youthful, have a better defense & have a more dynamic running game. But with Baltimore being more experienced & having hearts of Lions I would not be surprised if they pull the upset. Baltimore already knocked off the 2 best teams in the AFC on the road so I can't doubt them.

Head says 49ers
Heart says Ravens

In the end you always have to go with your head when picking games.

-p.tiddy- 01-28-2013 05:24 PM

8 Pittsburgh Steelers 6-2
8 Dallas Cowboys 5-3
7 New England Patriots 3-4
6 San Francisco 49ers 5-0
6 Denver Broncos 2-4
5 Green Bay Packers 4-1
5 New York Giants 4-1
5 Washington Redskins 3-2
5 Los Angeles/Oakland Raiders 3-2

if the 9ers win that would put them at 6-0 :eek:

they are due for a loss

the list of teams that have seen the Super Bowl 5+ times really is pretty small

KingBeasley08 01-28-2013 07:33 PM

Ravens will win cuz the Redskins beat em. Always ends up happening that way

OT: Kobe stans are the most retarded people on the planet. Wouldn't be upset if they were segregated from society

QUIZZLE 01-29-2013 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
eh, if Moss wins a ring as a #2 (is he even the #2? I don't even know) then it won't mean nearly as much as when he was a #1 and main offensive threat

He has 28 catches and 434 yards this year...he is barely a factor at all on that offense

He's still really fast for his age and definitely can open things up for the rest of the passing game.

I hope San Francisco wins by 1,000. Imagining Ray Lewis reactions post game make me nauseous if they win. That murderer belongs in a cell.

SilkyJohnson 01-29-2013 05:00 AM

Will Jim Harbaugh allow Alex Smith to throw in the fourth quarter for a bit if they find themselves with a healthy lead?

maxhornets 01-29-2013 05:43 AM

Gotta go for the Ravens, would be awesome to see Ray get his 2nd ring, and Ed Reed get a ring playing there last game before they retire. I'm a big university of Miami fan so I'd love to see them win, in saying that I also love Frank Gore from his UM days so at the end of the day I don't care who wins, but I will be going for the Ravens

Jackass18 01-29-2013 11:35 PM

What does 'deserve a ring' even mean? Shouldn't pretty much every player 'deserve a ring' (unless it's someone like Titus Young)?

There's some Ravens I like, but I don't really want to see the Ravens win. I grew up in the era where the 49ers pretty much dominated, so this kind of feels like old times (though, I'm not sure this 49ers team has that many likable players on offense).

Hands of Iron 01-30-2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballinhun8
I really want to see Ray Ray leave on top but its more because I finally want to see Ed Reed win a SB. He's been so good and dominant that he needs a ring to solidify himself as possible GOAT S.

He's got the ability:

At his best, his combination of ballhawking and coverage skills, instincts, anticipation, physical agility and film study have put him up there as arguably the greatest safety of all-time. Before injuries started taking their toll, he could really crack like all hell too. Of course, he won his DPOY playing SS.

He's got the numbers:

647 TKL - 69 INT - 1703 INT Yards - 8 INT TD - 155 PDEF - 31 STF - 11 FF
* Including post-season

He's got the accolades:

* Defensive Player of the Year
* 5x All-Pro 1st Team
* 3x All-Pro 2nd Team
* 9x Pro-Bowl

He's got and has done just about everything.. 8 picks in the playoffs with one short of breaking into that three-way tie for first, 1st all-time in INT return yards, top 10 in career INTs (and it ain't luck), touchdowns in every which way imaginable (you know the records). He checks all the boxes of an individual legend and he's about to become an all-time winner in his home state.