Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is Steve Nash Mad? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289260)

lbj4kb8 01-31-2013 12:40 AM

Is Steve Nash Mad?

Do you think he's mad that Kobe has taken over his role on the team? I'm sure Nash is happy they're winning but Kobe IS taking away from Nash's game. Just my thoughts/observations.

Mrofir 01-31-2013 12:50 AM

Re: Is Steve Nash Mad?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbj4kb8
Do you think he's mad that Kobe has taken over his role on the team? I'm sure Nash is happy they're winning but Kobe IS taking away from Nash's game. Just my thoughts/observations.

I think he'll be fine with it if they're winning, and not too happy with it if\when they are losing

Kiddlovesnets 01-31-2013 01:38 AM

Steve Nash is averaging 3apg lately, something he definitely aint happy about. Sure its not a problem when they are winning, but now they have just lost a game.

Screamingdoom 01-31-2013 01:39 AM

I think he just wants a ring, sadly that probably won't happen either.

Mrofir 01-31-2013 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrofir
I think he'll be fine with it if they're winning, and not too happy with it if\when they are losing

you idiot! They just lost tonight and Kobe took all his assists, including one very clear one off a fast break steal, and then he contributed to the loss by chucking at the end!

Wow who is this guy :wtf:

Noob Saibot 01-31-2013 01:41 AM

damn man. Nash why u gotta join da darkside dawg? Well I know a lot about the dark side myself, but the Lakeshow playa? Man I would've followed the Derek Fisher route and joined with OKC or some sh**, and just rested until playoff time.

Kingwillball 01-31-2013 01:42 AM

Nash, Dwight and D12 are all used the wrong way with the Lakers. Thats the Kobe System for ya. Switch Gasol with Bosh on Heat he would be averaging 17 and 10 with them and Bosh would be even worse than he is now with Lakers.

HorryIsMyMVP 01-31-2013 01:43 AM

He is almost 40 I don't think he really cares what his role is. I don't think his priority in life is basketball right now. I think fans definitely blow up how much these guys care. You guys are acting like Kobe is Brett Hart and Nash is Shawn Michaels. NBA titles are even less meaningful then being the world champion of wrestling. The reality is none of them give a **** they are rich.

SCdac 01-31-2013 01:43 AM

It's weird seeing Nash dribble the ball up the court (token) then after an offensive rotation dish to kobe and stand around on the perimeter... seems almost alien to Nash

bluechox2 01-31-2013 01:46 AM

lakers dont have any use of nash when its all ran through kobe

kuniva_dAMiGhTy 01-31-2013 01:53 AM

Definitely wasn't one of Nash's best games; his defense was worse than usual. Nerves seemed to get to him tonight.

IMO, LA just wasn't playing the style that got them the 3 game WS (which was Kobe in the high post getting the hard screen from Howard). IDK, tonight they just seemed to be posting Kobe straight up most of the time. It took Howard almost completely out of the offense.

Didn't help that he reaggravated his shoulder injury missing most of the 4th.

The problems we saw in the 4th could be remedied by adding someone like Delonte West, a pesky defender who can also put up points. Thing is, you would solve that one problem and LIKELY add even bigger ones. :oldlol:

FKAri 01-31-2013 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
Definitely wasn't one of Nash's best games; his defense was worse than usual. Nerves seemed to get to him tonight.

IMO, LA just wasn't playing the style that got them the 3 game WS (which was Kobe in the high post getting the hard screen from Howard). IDK, tonight they just seemed to be posting Kobe straight up most of the time. It took Howard almost completely out of the offense.

Didn't help that he reaggravated his shoulder injury missing most of the 4th.

The problems we saw in the 4th could be remedied by adding someone like Delonte West, a pesky defender who can also put up points. Thing is, you would solve that one problem and LIKELY add even bigger ones. :oldlol:

Looked the opposite to me. Considering it was a back to back I saw him fighting over screens and beat Dragic to position quite often. He couldn't hit shots tho. Either way no one should be talking about Nash or Kobe tonight. This was all on Pau/Metta.

Mrofir 01-31-2013 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FKAri
Looked the opposite to me. Considering it was a back to back I saw him fighting over screens and beat Dragic to position quite often. He couldn't hit shots tho. Either way no one should be talking about Nash or Kobe tonight. This was all on Pau/Metta.

agreed and i would just add that nash had 11 points on 8 shots, 3-8 -- wasn't a good shooting night by any stretch but he wasn't the problem.

HorryIsMyMVP 01-31-2013 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrofir
agreed and i would just add that nash had 11 points on 8 shots, 3-8 -- wasn't a good shooting night by any stretch but he wasn't the problem.

That is why Nash is a great player historically. When his shot is off he doesn't jack it up and make the damage worse. In the past he would try to get others involved but now we got Kobe PG. Mr. 9 assists and 6 turnovers.

bdreason 01-31-2013 03:10 AM

What's hilarious, is if Nash stayed in Phoenix, they would probably have a better record than the Lakers right now. :oldlol: