Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I wonder how good Westbrook would've been if he was under Popovich (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289356)

gin17 01-31-2013 10:36 PM

I wonder how good Westbrook would've been if he was under Popovich

more athletic Tony Parker? basically a high IQ westbrook that would not throw tantrums in the middle of a game?

andremiller07 01-31-2013 10:40 PM

Re: I wonder how good Westbrook would've been if he was under Popovich

He would be the same player (which is one of the best in the NBA) he is now and playing for Popovich would not mean his IQ would improve. I don't get the point of the thread he already plays for a team that is better than the Spurs.

Mr Exlax 01-31-2013 10:42 PM

The thing about it is that Westbrook was a SG in college. It takes years to learn the PG positon at the NBA level and that's with having knowledge of it coming in.

gin17 01-31-2013 10:44 PM

I mean, how much more disciplined will he become? See Stephen Jackson, a known thug in the NBA, he basically became as quiet as a sheep after being with the Spurs.

Popovich will bench Westbrook's ass everytime he does a bonehead play, even if Westbrook plays his best A-game in that game. will make Westbrook lessen his ill-advised low-IQ shots

xoneatom 01-31-2013 10:44 PM

potential to challenge lebron for mvp

brandonislegend 01-31-2013 10:46 PM

You can't teach someone to be a point guard. It isn't that simple. That's why players like Westbrook, Francis, Marbury etc exist.

Budadiiii 01-31-2013 10:46 PM

The ****? He would be worse. Pop would try to sit him out a game and Westbrook would have him fired immediately. Pop is an overrated ***. Dude rode Robinson, Duncan, and Ginobli to 4 rings. I'd rather have Scotty Brooks TBH. :confusedshrug:

brandonislegend 01-31-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budadiiii
The ****? He would be worse. Pop would try to sit him out a game and Westbrook would have him fired immediately. Pop is an overrated ***. Dude rode Robinson, Duncan, and Ginobli to 4 rings. I'd rather have Scotty Brooks TBH . :confusedshrug:

pure genius

bdreason 01-31-2013 10:57 PM

Pop would have been the perfect coach for Westbrook. Tony Parker was an average PG with little or no upside, and Pop turned him into a perennial all-star and World Champion.

And :roll: at the guy who said Westbrook would get Pop fired. That's the difference between Pop and most the other coaches in the league... the franchise supports him over any player.

daily 01-31-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

The ****? He would be worse. Pop would try to sit him out a game and Westbrook would have him fired immediately. Pop is an overrated ***. Dude rode Robinson, Duncan, and Ginobli to 4 rings. I'd rather have Scotty Brooks TBH. :confusedshrug:

:facepalm

tikay0 01-31-2013 11:08 PM

ROID RAGE. :rant :banghead:

ganja0710 01-31-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

:facepalm

Note: Myself and my fellow OKC fans aren't associated with this fool above.

BuffaloBill 01-31-2013 11:11 PM

He would have been Gary Neal

brandonislegend 01-31-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Post of the year candidate.

imdaman99 01-31-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdreason
Pop would have been the perfect coach for Westbrook. Tony Parker was an average PG with little or no upside, and Pop turned him into a perennial all-star and World Champion.

And :roll: at the guy who said Westbrook would get Pop fired. That's the difference between Pop and most the other coaches in the league... the franchise supports him over any player.

Not ANY player. I'm sure if he ruffled the feathers of a young stud Duncan, he might not have survived it. Duncan is very coachable so it doesn't matter, but Pop never really pulled Duncan like he had a TP or Ginobli.