Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Grammy Road Trip Thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289383)

lakerfreak 02-01-2013 06:44 AM

Grammy Road Trip Thread
 
Well this thread will be dedicated to analyzing pre and post games in this road trip. We didn't get to such a hot start with this phoenix game. Up next we got the minnesota timberwolves, a team who is currently 2-11 after losing Kevin Love again.

I don't see why the lakers should lose this, even if we had injuries to all 15 players.

DKLaker 02-01-2013 01:04 PM

Re: Grammy Road Trip Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Well this thread will be dedicated to analyzing pre and post games in this road trip. We didn't get to such a hot start with this phoenix game. Up next we got the minnesota timberwolves, a team who is currently 2-11 after losing Kevin Love again.

I don't see why the lakers should lose this, even if we had injuries to all 15 players.


Seriously???? Are you trying to Jinx the team??? I'm not sure we could beat a college team 4 out of 7 games :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

L.A. Jazz 02-03-2013 04:44 PM

Re: Grammy Road Trip Thread
 
The Lakers are the most ann... entertaining team in the world. first Clark, then Nash missing both FTs in the last minute of the game. and then Gasol is alone against 2 guys.

:facepalm :lol

DKLaker 02-04-2013 01:28 AM

Re: Grammy Road Trip Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Jazz
The Lakers are the most ann... entertaining team in the world. first Clark, then Nash missing both FTs in the last minute of the game. and then Gasol is alone against 2 guys.

:facepalm :lol



Blew a big lead to Phoenix and lost, Blew an enormous lead to Minnesota and almost lost and now were lucky to survive blowing a huge lead to Detroit.
This team seriously lacks discipline, leadership and a fundamental game plan.
These are the types of games I expect from a team who thinks a great offense means you take a whole ton of low percentage 3's.
The NBA is hard to watch today, I will never get used to guys passing up 8 footers to pass out for an open 3, nor guys setting up to shoot 3's on fast breaks...it's just idiotic basketball.

Like I mentioned in the Lakers Trivia thread, the 81-82 Lakers only shot 13 3's for the entire season yet averaged 114 points per game.
Less 3's = higher %, more consistent scoring, better control of the flow of the game, more offensive rebounds and far fewer shooting droughts like the Lakers tend to suffer......the thing that causes them to blow huge leads.

L.A. Jazz 02-04-2013 01:01 PM

Re: Grammy Road Trip Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
nor guys setting up to shoot 3's on fast breaks...it's just idiotic basketball.

but Pippen looked so smooth when he did it.

but you are absolutely right about our offense. i was really mad at Steve Nash when he made 2 bad plays in a row with under 2 minutes left and we were up by 5 points or so. first he lost the ball, then he took a running floater with lots of time on the shotclock. he should know better.

DKLaker 02-04-2013 03:39 PM

Re: Grammy Road Trip Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Jazz
but Pippen looked so smooth when he did it.

but you are absolutely right about our offense. i was really mad at Steve Nash when he made 2 bad plays in a row with under 2 minutes left and we were up by 5 points or so. first he lost the ball, then he took a running floater with lots of time on the shot clock. he should know better.


Yeah, Pippen did look smooth and that's a good point, there are certain guys that I would cringe but would make an exception for doing it.....Ray Allen, Reggie Miller.....you know, the GREAT 3pt shooters in history.......this does not include Meeks, Jamison....or anyone on the Lakers not named Steve Nash :oldlol:

Yeah, we have to do the right things to close out games and hold leads.

I always bark at my teams, when we get a lead I teach them to never be satisfied, no smiles, no giddiness, no goofing off, no bad shots or defensive lapses thinking it doesn't matter. If the lead is 10 points they better make it 20, 20 better make it 30, 30 better make it 40....I am in their faces about this and needless to say we never blow leads of more than 10 points....NEVER.
Celebrations can always wait until the game is actually over.

lakerfreak 02-04-2013 06:32 PM

Re: Grammy Road Trip Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
Seriously???? Are you trying to Jinx the team??? I'm not sure we could beat a college team 4 out of 7 games :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:


;) not bad so far.

lakerfreak 02-04-2013 06:36 PM

Re: Grammy Road Trip Thread
 
Looking good so far with the current road record on this specific trip.

Its obvious that Pau Gasol is a good center in this stage of his life, seeing that he can no longer run like he used to. Good numbers for him. Im loving the ball movement and everyone sharing. Ronron can do a lot better, but its just a slump in my opinion. He'll shoot himself out of this soon enough.

What I don't like is the same thing I have not liked since we had Phil. Stop letting big leads diminish people! You're putting us all to an early and undeserved grave! This is 4 times now with NOH, Suns, Timberwolves, and Pistons. This cannot keep happening! But I suppose since most of them are wins, I'll complain more when these opposing teams start winning more.

DKLaker 02-04-2013 07:21 PM

Re: Grammy Road Trip Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Looking good so far with the current road record on this specific trip.

Its obvious that Pau Gasol is a good center in this stage of his life, seeing that he can no longer run like he used to. Good numbers for him. Im loving the ball movement and everyone sharing. Ronron can do a lot better, but its just a slump in my opinion. He'll shoot himself out of this soon enough.

What I don't like is the same thing I have not liked since we had Phil. Stop letting big leads diminish people! You're putting us all to an early and undeserved grave! This is 4 times now with NOH, Suns, Timberwolves, and Pistons. This cannot keep happening! But I suppose since most of them are wins, I'll complain more when these opposing teams start winning more.


I would love to see this team with a ruthless blow a team out mentality....but that has to come from the coach.
Damn near impossible to do if you keep jacking 3's, even if you start blazing hot it's obviously not going to last, even the best team will only have 1-3 games a season where the 3's fall for the full game.

lakerfreak 02-06-2013 08:44 PM

Re: Grammy Road Trip Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
I would love to see this team with a ruthless blow a team out mentality....but that has to come from the coach.
Damn near impossible to do if you keep jacking 3's, even if you start blazing hot it's obviously not going to last, even the best team will only have 1-3 games a season where the 3's fall for the full game.


Well things have taken a turn for the better. Its a slow process. At first we were losing, now we're winning. As they get more comfortable I expect some blowouts to come. You can't blowout EVERY team. But they will eventually come.

DKLaker 02-07-2013 03:49 AM

Re: Grammy Road Trip Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Well things have taken a turn for the better. Its a slow process. At first we were losing, now we're winning. As they get more comfortable I expect some blowouts to come. You can't blowout EVERY team. But they will eventually come.


You have to play to blow out every team and if you don't blow them out you will still win. If you play just to play and are not serious with a lead you are doomed to fail. I view a 10 point lead as blood in the water and we are the sharks, turn up the intensity and destroy the other team's will.......trust me this really works.

tamaraw08 02-08-2013 01:14 AM

Re: Grammy Road Trip Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
Blew a big lead to Phoenix and lost, Blew an enormous lead to Minnesota and almost lost and now were lucky to survive blowing a huge lead to Detroit.
This team seriously lacks discipline, leadership and a fundamental game plan.
These are the types of games I expect from a team who thinks a great offense means you take a whole ton of low percentage 3's.

The NBA is hard to watch today, I will never get used to guys passing up 8 footers to pass out for an open 3, nor guys setting up to shoot 3's on fast breaks...it's just idiotic basketball.

Like I mentioned in the Lakers Trivia thread, the 81-82 Lakers only shot 13 3's for the entire season yet averaged 114 points per game.
Less 3's = higher %, more consistent scoring, better control of the flow of the game, more offensive rebounds and far fewer shooting droughts like the Lakers tend to suffer......the thing that causes them to blow huge leads.


This observation which I happen to agree, reminds me of the time Rudy T. coached here in LA. Tons of 3's, free flowing offense etc, post a huge lead then ......:facepalm

L.A. Jazz 02-08-2013 03:57 PM

Re: Grammy Road Trip Thread
 
maybe i am to european and watch to much soccer, but i cant understand how teams let their player talk to the media all the time, about every little thing that comes to their mind or bothers them.

and tonight our nemesis...
season over?

L.A. Jazz 02-10-2013 10:39 AM

Re: Grammy Road Trip Thread
 
as usual a horrible game against the Hornets.

tonight against the Champs is probably the last chance to start a run for the playoffs. a victory against the Heat could bring them together.

lakerfreak 02-10-2013 08:51 PM

Re: Grammy Road Trip Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Jazz
as usual a horrible game against the Hornets.

tonight against the Champs is probably the last chance to start a run for the playoffs. a victory against the Heat could bring them together.

:confusedshrug:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy