Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Which West Top Seed Is Most Afraid Of Facing The Lakers In The First Round? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289463)

selrahc 02-02-2013 12:23 AM

Which West Top Seed Is Most Afraid Of Facing The Lakers In The First Round?

San Antonio?
OKC?
Clippers?
Memphis?

I think San Antonio would be so afraid to face the Lakers in the first round that they would purposely lose a couple games to give up the 1st seed if it looked like the Lakers would get 8th.

Reverend Hoops 02-02-2013 12:25 AM

Re: Which West Top Seed Is Most Afraid Of Facing The Lakers In The First Round?

LA Defenders

Budadiiii 02-02-2013 12:26 AM

I for one would love for OKC to face the Lakers in the first round. Easy sweep.

Obviously won't happen though because the Lakers aren't making the playoffs this year.

selrahc 02-02-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budadiiii
I for one would love for OKC to face the Lakers in the first round. Easy sweep.

Obviously won't happen though because the Lakers aren't making the playoffs this year.

I would love to face OKC in the first round. Westbrook will pout and cry and try to be the hero at the end of close games.

Budadiiii 02-02-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by selrahc
I would love to face OKC in the first round. Westbrook will pout and cry and try to be the hero at the end of close games.

:biggums:

Mr. Jabbar 02-02-2013 12:31 AM

They'd be shitting their pants if they face the Lakers, and rightfully so; if NBA was the Matrix, Kobe-system = Neo, agent smith = durant, mouse = lebron

Graviton 02-02-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by selrahc
San Antonio?
OKC?
Clippers?
Memphis?

I think San Antonio would be so afraid to face the Lakers in the first round that they would purposely lose a couple games to give up the 1st seed if it looked like the Lakers would get 8th.

Tony Parker, CP3 and Westbrook tremble in fear when they see 40 year old Nash, Duhon, Blake in front of them.
Duncan, Griffin and Ibaka are terrified by Howard's amazing post game and Gasol's physicality.
Popovich, Billups, CP3 and Brooks lose sleep just thinking about facing a team lead by a genius; Mike D'anthoni.
Durant, Leonard and Jackson are shaken just by wondering how to contain an offensive monster like Metta World War.

May God have mercy on the lifes of those who face the dangerous Lakers. :bowdown:

Rekindled 02-02-2013 12:31 AM

clippers, their depth will be nullified inthe playoffs

tmacattack33 02-02-2013 01:05 AM

Probably the Timberwolves. :oldlol:

dbk123 02-02-2013 01:19 AM

I'm a laker hater but let's be real, no team in the western conference wants to face the lakers in the first round. They may be inconsistent but that thunder game was no fluke.

Clippersfan86 02-02-2013 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rekindled
clippers, their depth will be nullified inthe playoffs

Since we are going with false analysis and repeating it.. will the Knicks 3 point bombing and depth also be nullified come playoff time like those things supposedly are too?

28renyoy 02-02-2013 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbk123
I'm a laker hater but let's be real, no team in the western conference wants to face the lakers in the first round. They may be inconsistent but that thunder game was no fluke.

:roll:

Yes, I'm sure Westbrook shooting 0-20 while the Lakers shoot 55% from the field and 42% from 3 is "no fluke".

Give me a freaking break. The Thunder would beat the Lakers in 5 max, the Lakers have a 0% chance of winning a game in OKC and the Thunder will beat the Lakers in LA the majority of the time.

Hell the only reason it wasn't a sweep last year is because the ref's GIFTED LA game 3 out of pity.

All Net 02-02-2013 08:47 AM

Thunder is one team LA won't want to face.. The rest? Beatable..

AussieG 02-02-2013 08:53 AM

I think for any lower seed.. it all comes down to the first or second game. Mainly the first. If they could steal game 1.. they would become very dangerous. Otherwise.. hard to see them upsetting anyone.. going down 0-2 with this roster.. it'd be easy for them to give up and implode.

v1ncelis 02-02-2013 08:59 AM

None. Top seed teams are more afraid of teams like Nuggets, Rockets and Warriors.