Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   You're the Dictator, King, Emperor, President, etc - upstarting a brand new nation... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289477)

Legend of Josh 02-02-2013 03:06 AM

You're the Dictator, King, Emperor, President, etc - upstarting a brand new nation...

Let us know:

Name of your country.

What colors would your country flag represent? Any particular designs, objects, symbols, etc.

Name of your capital city.

Approximately your national tax rate.

National animal (which could include mythical creatures, or even dinosaurs).

National song.

National movie.

National book.

National slogan/motto.

National cereal.

National religion (or list atheist).

National fruit.

National vegetable.

National mixed drink.

National beer.

National vehicle/car/manufacturer/model, etc.

National Street Fighter character.

National Mortal Kombat character.

National Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.

National emoticon.

National firearm.

National happy hour.

National woman (i.e. blonde, brunette, redhead, Latina, Asian, Ebony, etc).

National sneaker (brand and/or pair).

... please, by all means, add anything you'd wish.

:cheers:

I'll add my answers later.

Myth 02-02-2013 04:01 AM

Re: You're the Dictator, King, Emperor, President, etc - upstarting a brand new nation...

Interesting idea.

Name of your country: Drexlandia

What colors would your country flag represent? Any particular designs, objects, symbols, etc: Black, red, and white. It would be a black background with 2 stripes (one white, and one red) going down diagonally from left to right. This represents the National Basketball Team, the Portland Trail Blazers.

Name of your capital city: Roy

Approximately your national tax rate: F*cking high for the rich.

National animal (which could include mythical creatures, or even dinosaurs): A Boxer:

National song: F*ck the System by System of a Down.

National movie: Pulp Fiction

National book: The Terminal Man.

National slogan/motto: Don't be a dick.

National cereal: Malt-O-Meal's Blueberry Muffin Tops

National religion (or list atheist): Agnostic.

National fruit: Neil Patrick Harris

National vegetable: Banana

National mixed drink: Jack & Coke

National beer: Jaegermeister

National vehicle/car/manufacturer/model, etc: Hybrid Monster Trucks

National Street Fighter character: Blanka

National Mortal Kombat character: Scorpion, and our immigration motto is "GET OVER HERE!"

National Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle: Leo

National emoticon:

National firearm: bean bag gun

National happy hour: 9am-2am

National woman (i.e. blonde, brunette, redhead, Latina, Asian, Ebony, etc): All

National sneaker (brand and/or pair): Nikes

National holiday: Shalloween - It is pretty much Halloween with a few twists including a dash of Christmas. Attractive women are expected to dress slutty (more so than in the US version of Halloween). Everybody else should follow regular Halloween costume attire. It is socially acceptable to go door to door if you make under $30,000 per year to households that make more than $100,000 and expect a present instead of candy. The households that make over $100,000 are expected to have a minimum of 50 presents ready. The value of each present should be $5 minimum for each $100k you make (so if your household makes $300k, each present should be $15 value minimum). Presents should be gender neutral and there should be a variety of presents ready for different age groups that may show up at your door. People that make between $30,000 and $100,000 should hand out candy.

Legend of Josh 02-02-2013 04:19 AM

Re: You're the Dictator, King, Emperor, President, etc - upstarting a brand new nation...

Nice answers/responses Myth. That Scorpion "GET OVER HERE!" to promote immigration was a flawless victory. I LOL'd purdy hard; well not literally, but the RL equivalent was a huge cracked smile. Good one. I'm not entirely sure the Shalloween concept would work in a realistic world, but hey what the hell, it's like Nas says, the world is yours, so I guess anything goes.

Legend of Josh 02-02-2013 04:40 AM

I'll go ahead answer three of my new nation slots.

National Street Fighter character: Abel

National Mortal Kombat character: Mileena

National TMNT: Raphael

Legend of Josh 02-02-2013 05:36 AM

A few more.

National vegetable: Mushrooms/Shrooms

National fruit: Cherry (yeah, we pop 'em)

If they're old enough to...

They're old enough to...

National mixed drink: Bloody Mary (how fitting)