Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lakers Heat Trade Idea (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289496)

selrahc 02-02-2013 02:08 PM

Lakers Heat Trade Idea
 
Lakers trade Dwight Howard and MWP to the Miami Heat for Lebron James and Mike Miller

New Lakers Lineup:
PG: Steve Nash
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: LeBron James
PF: Earl Clark
C: Pau Gasol
Bench: Steve Blake, Mike Miller, Antawn Jamison, Jodie Meeks

New Heat Lineup:
PG: Mario Chalmers
SG: Dwyane Wade
SF: Metta World Peace
PF: Chris Bosh
C: Dwight Howard
Bench: Udonis Haslem, Norris Cole, Shane Battier, Ray Allen

Why the Lakers do this:
Bringing in Lebron James will give Kobe his "Pippen" and allow the Lakers to play Gasol at the C position. They will be able to play small ball like D'antoni wants and the entire starting lineup minus Clark will be able to get 8+ assists on any given night.

Why the Heat do this:
The Heat are suffering from lack of size, they cannot win the championship with the way their roster is currently built. Bringing in Dwight Howard will give Dwyane Wade his "Shaq", giving them a better chance of winning the championship this year. A front court of Howard and Bosh is better than Lebron and Bosh.

Myth 02-02-2013 02:13 PM

Re: Lakers Heat Trade Idea
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by selrahc

Why the Heat do this:
The Heat are suffering from lack of size, they cannot win the championship with the way their roster is currently built. Bringing in Dwight Howard will give Dwyane Wade his "Shaq", giving them a better chance of winning the championship this year. A front court of Howard and Bosh is better than Lebron and Bosh.


You are aware they just won the championship last year with much of the same bigs, right?

Negged once I can.

funnystuff 02-02-2013 02:16 PM

Re: Lakers Heat Trade Idea
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Myth
You are aware they just won the championship last year with much of the same bigs, right?

Negged once I can.

He/She just started watching basketball this year.

Sakkreth 02-02-2013 02:17 PM

Re: Lakers Heat Trade Idea
 

selrahc 02-02-2013 02:20 PM

Re: Lakers Heat Trade Idea
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Myth
You are aware they just won the championship last year with much of the same bigs, right?

Negged once I can.


last year was a fluke, everyone knows this. it was lock out season.

funnystuff 02-02-2013 02:23 PM

Re: Lakers Heat Trade Idea
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by selrahc
last year was a fluke, everyone knows this. it was lock out season.

Tell me the difference in number of playoffs games between a shortened season and a regular 82 game season?

ganja0710 02-02-2013 02:24 PM

Re: Lakers Heat Trade Idea
 
negged for having your name in reverse as your username. Charlie boy being an idiot as usual.

selrahc 02-02-2013 02:25 PM

Re: Lakers Heat Trade Idea
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by funnystuff
Tell me the difference in number of playoffs games between a shortened season and a regular 82 game season?


lock out season = more games in less amount of time during regular season = more injuries = players like derrick rose out for season = miami coasting to unfair championship

funnystuff 02-02-2013 02:28 PM

Re: Lakers Heat Trade Idea
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by selrahc
lock out season = more games in less amount of time during regular season = more injuries = players like derrick rose out for season = miami coasting to unfair championship

So you're saying that there is no possible way that the Heat were affected by that season?

I mean i guess Bosh and Wade were completely injure free during those playoffs. :facepalm


EDIT: But you still didnt answer my question.

LBJ 23 02-02-2013 02:30 PM

Re: Lakers Heat Trade Idea
 
Just don't respond to posters like this. Let the thread die.

selrahc 02-02-2013 02:36 PM

Re: Lakers Heat Trade Idea
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LBJ 23
Just don't respond to posters like this. Let the thread die.


because you know im right?

ispin69 02-02-2013 02:37 PM

Re: Lakers Heat Trade Idea
 
pls ban op

cotdt 02-02-2013 02:42 PM

Re: Lakers Heat Trade Idea
 
The sad thing is, the Lakers team would be improved if they merely trade Dwight for a decent backup guard.

funnystuff 02-02-2013 02:43 PM

Re: Lakers Heat Trade Idea
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt
The sad thing is, the Lakers team would be improved if they merely trade Dwight for a decent backup guard.

I dont think a Miller for Howard trade is even in the realm of reality

3LiftHeatCurse 07-17-2013 01:43 PM

Re: Lakers Heat Trade Idea
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by selrahc
Why the Heat do this:
The Heat are suffering from lack of size, they cannot win the championship with the way their roster is currently built.


:roll:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy