Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Has a team ever won the NBA Champioship being LAST in the NBA in Rebounding? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289499)

bdreason 02-02-2013 03:25 PM

Has a team ever won the NBA Champioship being LAST in the NBA in Rebounding?

Honest question. I think it's shocking that the odds-on favorite to win the Championship is LAST in the NBA in rebounding. Has a team ever won a Championship while being the worst rebounding team in the league?

Myth 02-02-2013 03:25 PM

Re: Has a team ever won the NBA Champioship being LAST in the NBA in Rebounding?

I highly doubt it. Championship teams are usually pretty balanced and only have relative weaknesses.

SpecialQue 02-02-2013 03:26 PM

Re: Has a team ever won the NBA Champioship being LAST in the NBA in Rebounding?

There's a first time for everything.

chazzy 02-02-2013 03:27 PM

That's where Miami's at right now, so maybe we'll see this year

Mr. I'm So Rad 02-02-2013 03:35 PM

They don't rebound the ball a lot but they don't give up a ton of offensive rebounds and they play great defense so I don't it being a huge problem for them to overcome. Only team that may give them trouble is Indiana though. But it's tough to say that they could overcome LeBron/Wade/Bosh in a 7 game series.

Bandito 02-02-2013 04:57 PM

Weren't the Heat pretty bad at rebounding last year?

DaSeba5 02-02-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
They don't rebound the ball a lot but they don't give up a ton of offensive rebounds and they play great defense so I don't it being a huge problem for them to overcome. Only team that may give them trouble is Indiana though. But it's tough to say that they could overcome LeBron/Wade/Bosh in a 7 game series.

This.

Magic bird 02-02-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandito
Weren't the Heat pretty bad at rebounding last year?

Chris Bosh averaged 18 and 8 last year and tied with Lebron as the Heat's best rebounder.

In the playoffs, Lebron averaged 9.7 RPG

BoutPractice 02-02-2013 06:30 PM

That's pretty troubling for them.
Not that it's impossible for them to do it, it just strikes me as a real red flag.

albas89 02-02-2013 06:35 PM

Now that Sullinger is out for the season, the Celtics are gonna take Miami's last place in rebounding, so you don't have to wonder anymore...

ShaqAttack3234 02-02-2013 06:39 PM

You mean rebounding differential or total rebounds? Because rebounding differential is a far better way to judge how well a team rebounds. The post-'09 Celtics were greatly held back by their rebounding. It's the biggest reason they didn't win the 2010 title, and if they were a decent rebounding team, they would have been in the finals last season.

bdreason 02-02-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
You mean rebounding differential or total rebounds? Because rebounding differential is a far better way to judge how well a team rebounds. The post-'09 Celtics were greatly held back by their rebounding. It's the biggest reason they didn't win the 2010 title, and if they were a decent rebounding team, they would have been in the finals last season.

If we're talking Differential, Miami is the 8th worst team in the NBA. The Kings and Mavs are actually the worst.

ShaqAttack3234 02-02-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdreason
If we're talking Differential, Miami is the 6th worst team in the NBA. The Clippers are actually the worst... but I don't think most have the Clips as real contenders.

Where did you find the stats for rebounding differential? It'd be interesting to see who the worst team was. I can't remember any championship teams who were poor rebounding teams off the top of my head.

francesco totti 02-02-2013 07:58 PM

I find their rebounding problems due to their defensive system.
Bosh was averaging 10 rebound per game plus in toronto. Lebron, Wade for their positions are very good rebounders.

But their defensive system is to push for turnovers...overhelping. which catches them out of place many times.

blablabla 02-02-2013 08:00 PM

has a team that was in the bottom 3 of any statistical category ever won a championship ?