Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Kobe Bryant the playmaker (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289540)

insidehoops 02-02-2013 09:44 PM

Kobe Bryant the playmaker

Kobe Bryant said his constant film study of top point guards such as Magic Johnson, John Stockton, Oscar Robertson and Bob Cousy gave him a solid foundation on adapting to his new responsibility.

That involves playing more of a facilitating role and less of a scorer.

Bryant has averaged 11.2 assists while averaging 16.6 points on 48.4 percent shooting. Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni said he hopes Bryant subtly changes his mindset.

-- LA Daily News

DKLaker 02-02-2013 11:39 PM

Re: Kobe Bryant the playmaker

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
Kobe Bryant said his constant film study of top point guards such as Magic Johnson, John Stockton, Oscar Robertson and Bob Cousy gave him a solid foundation on adapting to his new responsibility.

That involves playing more of a facilitating role and less of a scorer.

Bryant has averaged 11.2 assists while averaging 16.6 points on 48.4 percent shooting. Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni said he hopes Bryant subtly changes his mindset.

-- LA Daily News

WTF is 'Antoni talking about now????? :facepalm The guy just needs to hush.

lakerfreak 02-04-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
WTF is 'Antoni talking about now????? :facepalm The guy just needs to hush.

Well he said subtly. I think he wants him to slowly go back to being 30 PPG 60% shooting Kobe. But in a way where he can have a balance.

I'll tell you what I think about Kobe. He's proven he can do anything. But never together. If there is a game when he is making shots, he refuses to pass. If he gets a few assists early, he never shoots. He needs to find a balance.

He needs to take it play by play, rather than "this whole game I will do this". Just take what the defense presents to you, and if that happens, they can't lose.

DKLaker 02-04-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Well he said subtly. I think he wants him to slowly go back to being 30 PPG 60% shooting Kobe. But in a way where he can have a balance.

I'll tell you what I think about Kobe. He's proven he can do anything. But never together. If there is a game when he is making shots, he refuses to pass. If he gets a few assists early, he never shoots. He needs to find a balance.

He needs to take it play by play, rather than "this whole game I will do this". Just take what the defense presents to you, and if that happens, they can't lose.

Yes, you are absolutely correct. I think it's because he can't or has trouble making shots unless he is in rhythm and he only gets in rhythm by shooting constantly, this is a clear weakness in his game, something I'm sure he'll be working on in the off season. I suspect we'll see Magic Bryant next season. 40-12-12 :rockon: :oldlol:

dd24 02-04-2013 07:22 PM

I think Kobe just likes to shut people up sometimes. He's a very good playmaker. That just shouldn't be his role on the team. There's plenty of people who think he should do it more and I think he's showing his versatility, plus the fact that it doesn't matter what role he takes, other people need to step up.

lakerfreak 02-06-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
Yes, you are absolutely correct. I think it's because he can't or has trouble making shots unless he is in rhythm and he only gets in rhythm by shooting constantly, this is a clear weakness in his game, something I'm sure he'll be working on in the off season. I suspect we'll see Magic Bryant next season. 40-12-12 :rockon: :oldlol:

lol I wouldn't doubt it. The man is conditioned to play at a high level until age 45.