Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Good cure for sore throat? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289559)

SourPatchKids 02-03-2013 12:17 AM

Good cure for sore throat?

I've tried sleeping, water, honey lemons, orange juice and still feel liike shit.

red1 02-03-2013 12:28 AM

Re: Good cure for sore throat?

Stay hydrated, get vitamin c and eat spicy food to clear up sinuses since there usually a cold to go with the sore throat

brandonislegend 02-03-2013 12:31 AM

If it feels like your throat is raw, the doctor told me to take vitamin C and if it hurts hella bad get a slurpee (no joke) its like icing your throat.

SourPatchKids 02-03-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red1
Stay hydrated, get vitamin c and eat spicy food to clear up sinuses since there usually a cold to go with the sore throat

Lol I just got thai food and had some spicy/sour Tom Yum soup which tasted great and made my fever feel better but didn't make my sinuses any better oddly. Yeah I"ll try to get more citrus and H20 in before bed tonight.

red1 02-03-2013 12:46 AM

if you have vicks rub lying around you might want to rub some on your chest and throat, that shit always helps a cold

Styles p 02-03-2013 12:52 AM

For temporary relief just gargle warm salt water this only lasts about 20 mins though.

lefthook00 02-03-2013 01:33 AM

A strong painkiller like vicodin is better than tylenol, advil, dayquil, nightquil, alkaselter, etc. You will literally feel nothing. For over the counter, sip on some delsym, it's the best cough syrup, it has dxm in it.

If you want to go natural, before you sleep, peel about 3 raw garlic cloves and mince them with a knife, and chew the shit out of it and swallow with minimal water. Garlic is a veryyy strong antiviral/antibiotic, and it's also anti-inflammatory.

Budadiiii 02-03-2013 01:36 AM

vitamin C won't get to the root of the cause though.

OP needs to stop sucking so much 9th grade dick.

JerryWest 02-03-2013 01:37 AM

OP is a fakkit, needs to stop gurgling *****.

ripthekik 02-03-2013 01:39 AM

go deepthroat a random guy at the gas station. problem solved.

Stuckey 02-03-2013 01:43 AM

^ and ^ , tarded

BuffaloBill 02-03-2013 02:02 AM

If honey lemons didn't work then I'm afraid this might be serious. Perhaps you should see a doctor.

El Kabong 02-03-2013 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Styles p
For temporary relief just gargle warm salt water this only lasts about 20 mins though.

This is what I usually do.

ballup 02-03-2013 02:54 AM

Is it mucus that bothers you or is it just scratchy? Best "remedies" are hot drinks. I've done some experiments with heating up acidic drinks like OJ and it works. I even tried heated up coke and it work to some extent.

Magic bird 02-03-2013 03:51 AM

Works for me when i have a sore throat.