Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Streetball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Crossovers (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289711)

Jyap9675 02-05-2013 09:19 AM

Crossovers

Anybody use the between the legs crossover a lot? I started using this more than any other crossover because it seems like the ball is more protected than the normal right to left crossover. And also it seems like, you can be in rhythm when shooting the ball after doing this crossover which gives you more options in your offensive arsenal.

My left hand also is weaker in this category, so I just practice it when I can, but it hasn't come in naturally during competition games.

How about the behind the back (V dribble in the back) and spin move dribble? Anybody use these ones? I sometimes think that it is better to just get really good in one type of crossover hence, I just stick to the standard left to right, and between the legs.

Thoughts?

Rake2204 02-05-2013 05:27 PM

Re: Crossovers

I don't find myself using between-the-legs crossovers as attack moves that much. Usually, if I do cross between my legs, it's to set up a hesitation or stutter of some kind, often into a jumpshot. Kind of like this, but with the between the legs dribble first: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X2_pSVSjKU. In that case, the between-the-legs dribble is more deliberate than it is fast and elusive.

Otherwise, I'm a pretty standard crossover guy. I'm not sure I can picture what move you're talking about in your second paragraph. V dribble to spin? Do you have a video example?

miggyme1 02-05-2013 06:46 PM

i tend to believe that in between legs crossovers are great for spottin yourself up to shoot a jumper.....regular left to right or right to left crossovers are more fluid and are usually for driving purposes.....true u can drive on either one.....it just really comes down to whos guarding u....if u got somebody slow guarding u then yea between the legs will prolly let u still blow by them but if u going up against a speedy guy....u gonna need a fast low to the ground dribble.try workin on a double cross.....right to left between the legs then left to right regular crossover.....but beware u gotta have ABOVE AVERAGE HANDLES to pull this off.lol.....dont be out there getting yo cookies snatched.lol

Jyap9675 02-05-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rake2204
Otherwise, I'm a pretty standard crossover guy. I'm not sure I can picture what move you're talking about in your second paragraph. V dribble to spin? Do you have a video example?

Oh sorry those are separate and not done altogether. Just the normal behind the back dribble (V at the back), or also the spin move. Seems like the behind the back one you can protect the ball more, but it's not fast enough to get by the defender..

In terms of spin-move, how useful is this? I normally just go behind the back (not the V one, but the wrap around one). It seems like the wrap around one achieves the same purpose. When do you guys use the spin move?

Burgz V2 02-05-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jyap9675
Oh sorry those are separate and not done altogether. Just the normal behind the back dribble (V at the back), or also the spin move. Seems like the behind the back one you can protect the ball more, but it's not fast enough to get by the defender..

In terms of spin-move, how useful is this? I normally just go behind the back (not the V one, but the wrap around one). It seems like the wrap around one achieves the same purpose. When do you guys use the spin move?

if i attack one way and they quick cut me off and try to go for the steal i dribble hard and spin the other way

nathanjizzle 02-10-2013 12:15 AM

no, between the legs crossover is alot slower then just bringing it over the front.

CeltsGarlic 02-12-2013 09:49 AM

Hesitation can make magic.

ZenMaster 02-12-2013 11:54 AM

To get more protection on your normal crossover make sure you make the dribble diagonally and not just straight across.