Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Wire (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289754)

Money 23 02-05-2013 08:55 PM

The Wire
 
My jesus. I started season 1, and I can't put it down. This is BY FAR the best tv series I've ever watched. The reality. The social commentary, the comedy, the acting. Top notch. I never thought I'd see something that would replace Sopranos as my favorite, but if season 1 is just a glimpse, this is going to be the GOAT for me when it comes to tv series. Wow, just wow. The hype is real.

Styles p 02-05-2013 09:01 PM

Re: The Wire
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Money 23
My jesus. I started season 1, and I can't put it down. This is BY FAR the best tv series I've ever watched. The reality. The social commentary, the comedy, the acting. Top notch. I never thought I'd see something that would replace Sopranos as my favorite, but if season 1 is just a glimpse, this is going to be the GOAT for me when it comes to tv series. Wow, just wow. The hype is real.


just as a heads up season 2 is really slow and a lot of people don't like it. i wasn't too fond the first time i saw it but when i re watched it, it became my favorite season. im on the sopranos now almost done the 3rd season just saw the pine barrens episode(which i've been to plenty of times). it's becoming my second favorite hbo series and i want to bang Meadow Sorprano.

Derka 02-05-2013 09:02 PM

Re: The Wire
 
Best television serial drama ever.

Money 23 02-05-2013 09:03 PM

Re: The Wire
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Styles p
it's becoming my second favorite hbo series and i want to bang Meadow Sorprano.

Wait till the later seasons, she gets hotter. Chrissy's wife and some of Tony's "gumas" are super nice. Oh, and AJ's g/f the last season is super nice. She's been on Entourage.

Kblaze8855 02-05-2013 09:34 PM

Re: The Wire
 
Seasons 3 and 4 are among the best _____ of all time. Its up there with....humans learning to cook food and the forward pass. Its on the short list of the greatest things humanity ever brought about.

Money 23 02-05-2013 09:36 PM

Re: The Wire
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Seasons 3 and 4 are among the best _____ of all time. Its up there with....humans learning to cook food and the forward pass. Its on the short list of the greatest things humanity ever brought about.

Hmmm, interesting. You don't like the 5th season? What are KBlaze's thoughts on TDK trilogy among the greatest things humanity ever brought us? Whose your favorite character on the show?

Styles p 02-05-2013 09:38 PM

Re: The Wire
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Money 23
Hmmm, interesting. You don't like the 5th season? What are KBlaze's thoughts on TDK trilogy among the greatest things humanity ever brought us? Whose your favorite character on the show?

i didn't really like season 5 at all the whole politics and newspaper was kind of boring. my favorite characters were weebay, bodie, omar and avon.

Money 23 02-05-2013 09:40 PM

Re: The Wire
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Styles p
i didn't really like season 5 at all the whole politics and newspaper was kind of boring. my favorite characters were weebay, bodie, omar and avon.

No love for Stringer Bell? Idris Alba oozes masculinity and charisma. Dude's American accent is impeccable.

Styles p 02-05-2013 09:44 PM

Re: The Wire
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Money 23
No love for Stringer Bell? Idris Alba oozes masculinity and charisma. Dude's American accent is impeccable.

i liked him in the first season but as time went on i started to hate him, im gonna stop giving you spoilers now though lol.

Money 23 02-05-2013 09:50 PM

Re: The Wire
 
My favorite is Omar. Obviously, I'm a champion for the underdog.

SilkkTheShocker 02-05-2013 10:08 PM

Re: The Wire
 
Best character by far:


SilkkTheShocker 02-05-2013 10:09 PM

Re: The Wire
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Money 23
No love for Stringer Bell? Idris Alba oozes masculinity and charisma. Dude's American accent is impeccable.



Was a big fan of Stringer also. I liked Avon a lot, but Stringer stole every scene they were in.

Money 23 02-05-2013 10:12 PM

Re: The Wire
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
Best character by far:


Haven't seen him yet.

johndeeregreen 02-05-2013 10:23 PM

Re: The Wire
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Styles p
just as a heads up season 2 is really slow and a lot of people don't like it. i wasn't too fond the first time i saw it but when i re watched it, it became my favorite season. im on the sopranos now almost done the 3rd season just saw the pine barrens episode(which i've been to plenty of times). it's becoming my second favorite hbo series and i want to bang Meadow Sorprano.

I feel the same way. I can see why people don't like S2, but it is my favorite as well. And I can't remember whether 3 or 4 was the one with Prez as the teacher, but that one was epically gut wrenching.

Styles p 02-05-2013 10:24 PM

Re: The Wire
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
Best character by far:


yes slim charles a underrated character.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy