Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   isiah will be fired if the knicks don't improve this season. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2898)

thenextgreatbigman 06-26-2006 06:32 PM

isiah will be fired if the knicks don't improve this season.

Just heard it on espn. Dolan said that if the knicks don't improve drastically isiah will be gone after this season.

this is great, i hope we finish last.

ALBballer 06-26-2006 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
Just heard it on espn. Dolan said that if the knicks don't improve drastically isiah will be gone after this season.

**** that, we helped the Bulls too much.

Eldrunko247 06-26-2006 06:34 PM

He NEVER should have been hired in the first place.

SupermanOnSteroids 06-26-2006 06:35 PM

who's likely to go #1 in the draft next year?

better yet, was Isiah able to resist the temptation of trading that away too?

JordanPippenRodman 06-26-2006 06:37 PM

Who cares about the season after next? All Bull fans care about is Zeke is actually coaching eddy curry and the knicks for the time being. :rockon:

fatboy11 06-26-2006 06:38 PM

I think they'll improve a good deal just with the change of style. I don't think they'll make the playoffs, but I think they'll contend for the playoffs at least.

C - Eddy Curry
PF - Channing Frye/David Lee
SF - Quentin Richardson/Jalen Rose
SG - Steve Francis/Jamal Crawford
PG - Stephon Marbury/Nate Robinson

Plus the draft picks. Not that bad of a team if they play up-tempo. The players will probably get along better with Zeke as well.

ShannonElements 06-26-2006 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman

That probably isn't going to be too beneficial towards Zeke's confidence...:confused:

JordanPippenRodman 06-26-2006 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboy11
I think they'll improve a good deal just with the change of style. I don't think they'll make the playoffs, but I think they'll contend for the playoffs at least.

C - Eddy Curry
PF - Channing Frye/David Lee
SF - Quentin Richardson/Jalen Rose
SG - Steve Francis/Jamal Crawford
PG - Stephon Marbury/Nate Robinson

Plus the draft picks. Not that bad of a team if they play up-tempo. The players will probably get along better with Zeke as well.

fatboy are you going down saying that the Knicks will finish in 9th place in the Eastern Conference? can we get you down for that in June?

XxNeXuSxX 06-26-2006 06:47 PM

I think they really need to switch Marbury/Francis...

Marbury is horrid at playing point. Francis used to be considered elite in Houston.

fatboy11 06-26-2006 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanPippenRodman
fatboy are you going down saying that the Knicks will finish in 9th place in the Eastern Conference? can we get you down for that in June?

Somewhere around there, yeah.

Mark me down for the Knicks finishing 9th or 10th in the East.

PHXsunsROCK1105 06-26-2006 07:36 PM

who hired him?

Sham 06-26-2006 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHXsunsROCK1105
who hired him?

John Paxson.

bagelred 06-26-2006 10:03 PM

It's almost impossible for the team NOT to improve. When a team hits absolute rock bottom, there's nowhere to go but up.

With the Knicks talent, there is really no excuse for team not to be a .500 team. Even if you didn't coach them, the talent alone should get wins.

It's sort of a silly comment by Dolan. In my mind, Isiah has an easy free pass. The Knicks will get close to 40 wins and it will look like a "success", which is ridiculous.

SirPresident 06-26-2006 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
who's likely to go #1 in the draft next year?

better yet, was Isiah able to resist the temptation of trading that away too?

Nope he lost that as well (Bull again have the right to switch picks with the Knicks)

KingofKings718 06-27-2006 05:27 PM

Damn, if he's serious, then Isiah Thomas is gone. Jim Dolan's expectations are too high.