Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Gasol has partial tear of plantar fascia & is out atleast 6weeks (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289818)

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 02-06-2013 06:46 PM

Gasol has partial tear of plantar fascia & is out atleast 6weeks

Lakers forward Pau Gasol is sidelined indefinitely after sustaining a tear in the bottom of his right foot Tuesday against the Brooklyn Nets.

Gasol planned to fly back to Los Angeles on Thursday for further medical evaluation. The Lakers declined to release a timetable for his return after an MRI exam in Boston revealed a torn plantar fascia Wednesday.

"I'm hoping to recover asap so I can be back with the team and keep fighting until the end of the season. #GoLakers #AlwaysPositive," Gasol wrote Wednesday on his Twitter account.

Gasol was more nervous than resolute a day earlier about his injury.

-- Los Angeles Times

-----------------------------

yuck

DKLaker 02-06-2013 08:24 PM

Re: Gasol has partial tear of plantar fascia & is out atleast 6weeks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

Pau Gasol has a partial tear of his plantar fascia and is expected to be out at least six weeks, league source tells @CBSSports.
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

Gasol, who had an MRI in Boston today after injuring foot in Brooklyn last night, is expected to get a second opinion in the coming days.

yuck

Sorry to hear that but.........we should've already traded him.

lakerfreak 02-06-2013 08:38 PM

Yeah every time he comes back something happens. Trading him shows we're trying to keep Dwight, and I believe that when the CBA fully kicks in, we need to choose one or the other.

I like how Pau has been playing, and as starting center he's been very effective lately, but I don't see much juice left in him.

DKLaker 02-07-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Yeah every time he comes back something happens. Trading him shows we're trying to keep Dwight, and I believe that when the CBA fully kicks in, we need to choose one or the other.

I like how Pau has been playing, and as starting center he's been very effective lately, but I don't see much juice left in him.

Does anyone think, based on his history that Pau will be back in 6 weeks?
I don't think we'll see him on the court for at least 2 months.

lakerfreak 02-07-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
Does anyone think, based on his history that Pau will be back in 6 weeks?
I don't think we'll see him on the court for at least 2 months.

Yeah I don't think so either, unless he decides to play through the pain. He's a big man, takes a little while longer to heal up for those freaks of nature lol.

I keep hearing the type of tear he has would have been better if it tore all the way and not just partially.

Whatever the case may be, this won't exactly brighten Pau's future in basketball.