Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rubio being selected for Rising Star draft shows how much of a joke it is (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289962)

gabepizza 02-08-2013 12:12 AM

Rubio being selected for Rising Star draft shows how much of a joke it is
 
Rubio played 21 games this year. Players like Jonas Valanciunas, Kyle Singler, Lavoy Allen, Bismack Biyombo and Jimmy Butler are having much better seasons, most on better teams and have played twice as many games.

Choosing Rubio shows it all about the NBA trying to market fake stars because they have shoe contracts or are in commercials or look good and flashy. Choosing Rubio is choosing style of substance.

Now I finally see why so many fans of European basketball hate Rubio. He is a corporate entity who is forced down our throats over many more deserving and talented basketball players.

Riicky Rubio = Justin Beiber of basketball.

fsvr54 02-08-2013 12:16 AM

Re: Rubio being selected for Rising Star draft shows how much of a joke it is
 
Why is Ivan Johnson so ignored?

Whoah10115 02-08-2013 12:20 AM

Re: Rubio being selected for Rising Star draft shows how much of a joke it is
 
He was one of two guys added to the original rosters...he had a terrific rookie season and is now healthy. This is not an all-star game where you have to consider how they're playing this season. What is the problem?

InspiredLebowski 02-08-2013 12:22 AM

Re: Rubio being selected for Rising Star draft shows how much of a joke it is
 
Who cares. Paul George didn't make that game and look at him now. People take All Star Weekend too seriously.

gabepizza 02-08-2013 12:26 AM

Re: Rubio being selected for Rising Star draft shows how much of a joke it is
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whoah10115
He was one of two guys added to the original rosters...he had a terrific rookie season and is now healthy. This is not an all-star game where you have to consider how they're playing this season. What is the problem?



It's just unfair to players like Jimmy Butler And Jonas Valanciunas. If they don't select players on how they are playing what do they use to select? How many commercials are player has?

Kungfro 02-08-2013 12:29 AM

Re: Rubio being selected for Rising Star draft shows how much of a joke it is
 
Jonas just came back from missing a number of games himself, and hasn't really done anything amazing so far. I put most of that on Casey for not giving him any minutes though, not sure what he has against the rookies.

Droid101 02-08-2013 12:30 AM

Re: Rubio being selected for Rising Star draft shows how much of a joke it is
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gabepizza
It's just unfair to players like Jimmy Butler And Jonas Valanciunas. If they don't select players on how they are playing what do they use to select? How many commercials are player has?

Jimmy Butler has been playing well less games than Rubio has this season. Get real.

iamgine 02-08-2013 12:35 AM

Re: Rubio being selected for Rising Star draft shows how much of a joke it is
 
Jimmy is currently averaging 7 pts 4 rbd while being bench role player...

Rubio is averaging 6 pts 6 ast 2 steals while being the starter and team leader

OP :biggums:

Celtic_Pride 02-08-2013 12:41 AM

Re: Rubio being selected for Rising Star draft shows how much of a joke it is
 
Rubio is made for these games..

LikeABosh 02-08-2013 01:00 AM

Re: Rubio being selected for Rising Star draft shows how much of a joke it is
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamgine
Jimmy is currently averaging 7 pts 4 rbd while being bench role player...

Rubio is averaging 6 pts 6 ast 2 steals while being the starter and team leader

OP :biggums:

Butler is a very good defender and contributes to a good team. Rubio is "leading" a shit team, has missed half the games, and shooting .311%

nathanjizzle 02-08-2013 01:02 AM

Re: Rubio being selected for Rising Star draft shows how much of a joke it is
 
who cares? if thats what people voted for or thats what the nba thinks people want to see, then thats what it is. stop crying.

Levity 02-08-2013 01:02 AM

Re: Rubio being selected for Rising Star draft shows how much of a joke it is
 
jonas over rubio?? get real...

Levity 02-08-2013 01:03 AM

Re: Rubio being selected for Rising Star draft shows how much of a joke it is
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeABosh
Butler is a very good defender and contributes to a good team. Rubio is "leading" a shit team, has missed half the games, and shooting .311%


his shooting is terrible, true. but his play making has been great since being put back into the starting line up. watch a game instead of a boxscore, and youll see what im talking about. If the starters were healthy, Rubio would easily average 11+ assists a game.

iamgine 02-08-2013 01:05 AM

Re: Rubio being selected for Rising Star draft shows how much of a joke it is
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeABosh
Butler is a very good defender and contributes to a good team. Rubio is "leading" a shit team, has missed half the games, and shooting .311%

Still, starter team leader vs bench role player.

Droid101 02-08-2013 01:07 AM

Re: Rubio being selected for Rising Star draft shows how much of a joke it is
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Levity
his shooting is terrible, true. but his play making has been great since being put back into the starting line up. watch a game instead of a boxscore, and youll see what im talking about.

Asking an ISH poster to watch a game? lol


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy