Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ok, LeBron(3 time MVP) is having his best season but Durant is a clear MVP favorite (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290100)

Human Error 02-09-2013 05:59 AM

Ok, LeBron(3 time MVP) is having his best season but Durant is a clear MVP favorite
 
LeBron has won 3 MVP's in his career and 2013 LeBron is playing better than any previous MVP winning LeBron. Yet we ISH view Durant as a heavy favorite to win MVP this year, maybe that's because 2013 Durant is better than any LeBron. Let's discuss.

raprap 02-09-2013 06:03 AM

Re: Ok, LeBron(3 time MVP) is having his best season but Durant is a clear MVP favorite
 
OP's name is fitting.

Doranku 02-09-2013 06:10 AM

Re: Ok, LeBron(3 time MVP) is having his best season but Durant is a clear MVP favorite
 
Da ****?

Durant has zero case over LeBron for MVP. None. Zilch.

People on this forum like to say "MVP is a two man race between LeBron and Durant", which is nonsense. LeBron will win another unanimous MVP just like 2010.

RoboticWang 02-09-2013 07:18 AM

Re: Ok, LeBron(3 time MVP) is having his best season but Durant is a clear MVP favorite
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doranku
Da ****?

Durant has zero case over LeBron for MVP. None. Zilch.

People on this forum like to say "MVP is a two man race between LeBron and Durant", which is nonsense. LeBron will win another unanimous MVP just like 2010.


Voter fatigue is a real thang.

If voter fatigue didn't exist, LeBron would be a 5-Time MVP (No offense to D-Rose or KD) after this year. MVP of the league for half of his 10 year career. A 5-TIME (COUNT IT... 5- TIME) MVP in just 10 seasons. Just let that sink in...

DMV2 02-09-2013 08:27 AM

Re: Ok, LeBron(3 time MVP) is having his best season but Durant is a clear MVP favorite
 
Durant had a case......back in November-early December. LeBron has blown this race by 5 laps now.

LeBron's scoring has increased from 25 to 27 per game, and his rebounding still remains 8+ per game. He'll pick is REB up again by end of Feb.

La Frescobaldi 02-09-2013 09:07 AM

Re: Ok, LeBron(3 time MVP) is having his best season but Durant is a clear MVP favorite
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DMV2
Durant had a case......back in November-early December. LeBron has blown this race by 5 laps now.

LeBron's scoring has increased from 25 to 27 per game, and his rebounding still remains 8+ per game. He'll pick is REB up again by end of Feb.



LeBron makes a case for being slightly ahead of other MVP contenders

Shepseskaf 02-09-2013 09:09 AM

Re: Ok, LeBron(3 time MVP) is having his best season but Durant is a clear MVP favorite
 
Same reason that Barkley and Malone won MVPs that could have gone to MJ. Voters get tired of giving the same player the award, and want to see someone new get it.

RoboticWang 02-09-2013 09:13 AM

Re: Ok, LeBron(3 time MVP) is having his best season but Durant is a clear MVP favorite
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
Same reason that Barkley and Malone won MVPs that could have gone to MJ. Voters get tired of giving the same player the award, and want to see someone new get it.

Having said that, if voter fatigue wasn't a real thing Jordan would have at least 7 MVPs. He somehow didn't win it in his best statistical year.

Ne 1 02-09-2013 09:26 AM

Re: Ok, LeBron(3 time MVP) is having his best season but Durant is a clear MVP favorite
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
Same reason that Barkley and Malone won MVPs that could have gone to MJ. Voters get tired of giving the same player the award, and want to see someone new get it.


IMO MVP's MJ should have won: 1991, 1992, 1996, 1997, 1998

1997: Jordan, not Malone should have won
1988: Bird, not Jordan should have won

He also had a good case in 1990. The year Barkley won, it was Hakeem's award imo.

NLZ 02-09-2013 09:35 AM

Re: Ok, LeBron(3 time MVP) is having his best season but Durant is a clear MVP favorite
 
when are people going to realize MVP doesn't always go to the best player? Shaq & Kobe have 1 MVP, should be proof enough.

Hank 02-09-2013 09:45 AM

Re: Ok, LeBron(3 time MVP) is having his best season but Durant is a clear MVP favorite
 
He'll have 5 MVP's before the age of 30

arifgokcen 02-09-2013 09:57 AM

Re: Ok, LeBron(3 time MVP) is having his best season but Durant is a clear MVP favorite
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NLZ
when are people going to realize MVP doesn't always go to the best player? Shaq & Kobe have 1 MVP, should be proof enough.

Thats not the problem though.Shaq has never been a dominant in regular season and kobe has been dominant for 2 seasons where his team sucked.Even when he won mvp back in 2008 he was no where near lebron valuable(or durant for that matter)

If lebron doesnt get it this year,only reason will be voters fatigue.He has been so dominant.

Rysio 02-09-2013 10:01 AM

Re: Ok, LeBron(3 time MVP) is having his best season but Durant is a clear MVP favorite
 
2 of those mvps were steve nash like mvps were both belong to mamba. people need to stop with this 3 time mvp garbage. :facepalm

secund2nun 02-09-2013 10:19 AM

Re: Ok, LeBron(3 time MVP) is having his best season but Durant is a clear MVP favorite
 
Mamba deserves 0 MVPs. Just be gracious that he was undeservingly handed the regular season MVP award .....and the 2010 finals MVP that should have went to Gasol.

As for Shaq not being dominant in the regular season...LOL Shaq should have won 4 MVPs minimum- 1999-2002 and then 2004

Back to the topic- Lebron is clearly having the best year and will capture his 4th MVP.

Odinn 02-09-2013 12:41 PM

Re: Ok, LeBron(3 time MVP) is having his best season but Durant is a clear MVP favorite
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Human Error
LeBron has won 3 MVP's in his career and 2013 LeBron is playing better than any previous MVP winning LeBron. Yet we ISH view Durant as a heavy favorite to win MVP this year, maybe that's because 2013 Durant is better than any LeBron. Let's discuss.

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:


Quote:

Originally Posted by Rysio
2 of those mvps were steve nash like mvps were both belong to mamba. people need to stop with this 3 time mvp garbage. :facepalm

Kobe is the 2005 MVP?:roll: :roll:


Quote:

Originally Posted by secund2nun
Mamba deserves 0 MVPs. Just be gracious that he was undeservingly handed the regular season MVP award .....and the 2010 finals MVP that should have went to Gasol.

Don't be so hateful. Kobe's best season, 2005-06 season, doesn't fit to the criteria of being the MVP. He deserved his MVP in 2008.

Quote:

Originally Posted by secund2nun
As for Shaq not being dominant in the regular season...LOL Shaq should have won 4 MVPs minimum- 1999-2002 and then 2004

You're just as delusional as Kobe-stans.
1999-2000-2001-2002 and then 2004? That's 5. I'm just saying in case of you can not count.

1998-99 season is the worst season of Shaq while he was in his prime. He was not the MVP in that season, clearly.
Shaq's 2000 MVP is one of the most deserved MVPs.
Iverson's 2001 MVP was about hype. It should have gone to Shaq or Duncan.
Shaq didn't have a case for Duncan for being the MVP in 2001-02.
Garnett's 2004 MVP is one of the most deserved MVPs. Shaq had no case over him.
Although IMO, Shaq should have won the 2005 MVP.

I'd say 2 or 3 is accurate for Shaq. 'Minimum 4' is just delusional. Don't be so uncontrolled while trying to bash to Kobe.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy