Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Vick restructures, 1 year deal (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290263)

StateProperty 02-11-2013 11:55 AM

Vick restructures, 1 year deal
 
Thoughts?

Carbine 02-11-2013 12:21 PM

Re: Vick restructures, 1 year deal
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by StateProperty
Thoughts?


It's great for them. Vick is by far the best option to run that offense for who was available, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Vick have his most effective year overall under this system.....as always, if he can stay healthy.

1 year deal = urgency and ultimate focus

DuMa 02-11-2013 01:27 PM

Re: Vick restructures, 1 year deal
 
If i was his agent, i'd be in facepalms.

-p.tiddy- 02-11-2013 01:30 PM

Re: Vick restructures, 1 year deal
 
my thoughts? Eagles are no threat next year

it is just delaying the revamping of that team...there is no long term future in Vick

Vick hasn't started a full 16 games since he was in Atlanta

niko 02-11-2013 01:45 PM

Re: Vick restructures, 1 year deal
 
Make no sense. They don't want him to start for them, but they bring him back. And if they do want him to start for them, why? Even healthy he wasn't playing that well, and he's never healthy.

StateProperty 02-11-2013 02:07 PM

Re: Vick restructures, 1 year deal
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
my thoughts? Eagles are no threat next year

it is just delaying the revamping of that team...there is no long term future in Vick

Vick hasn't started a full 16 games since he was in Atlanta

Well if he was viewed as the long term future they wouldn't have made him restructure to only 1 year.

My thoughts? If Vick plays it gives Kelly a chance to experiment. He's got 2 completely different QBs. He can use Vick to see if his spread offense with a running QB can work against NFL defenses. And if it can't? Vick is gone, you didn't have to waste a draft pick on a mobile QB you thought could be your future, nor money on an athletic one with a long term deal.

And pt...you wouldn't view them as a threat regardless of this deal. No one should.

But they're not doing this because they believe he's the future. Or else it wouldn't be one year. There's also the possibility Foles starts and Kelly wants a backup QB he feels he can have success with also (because of style).

Kelly just had a press conference to announce his staff. just said QB will be an open competition between Foles and Vick.

I'm honestly more interested in how the 3-4 change works out and improving the defense. It doesn't matter who's QBing if that doesn't get fixed.

-p.tiddy- 02-11-2013 03:07 PM

Re: Vick restructures, 1 year deal
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by StateProperty

I'm honestly more interested in how the 3-4 change works out and improving the defense. It doesn't matter who's QBing if that doesn't get fixed.

QBs win and lose games, not teams...haven't you read anything in here?

Rasheed1 02-11-2013 03:49 PM

Re: Vick restructures, 1 year deal
 
This gives Kelly a chance to see if Vick can fit in this offense... Might be a good thing, and if not? they can still get rid of him at little cost.

Kelly needs to at least see if this guy is a fit..

kentatm 02-11-2013 04:09 PM

Re: Vick restructures, 1 year deal
 
Dallas and Philly are both tanking to try and draft Johnny Football as their QB.

believe dat.

niko 02-11-2013 08:10 PM

Re: Vick restructures, 1 year deal
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kentatm
Dallas and Philly are both tanking to try and draft Johnny Football as their QB.

believe dat.

Why? QB's don't have that much of an effect on winning and losing. You can keep Romo forever. He is a proven...(um can't say winner because that's unimportant) asset who will um....assist the Cowboys in allowing his teammates to win or lose which his impact on is minimal. :lol

Thinking more the Vick thing, i get it but the problem is if Vick plays well 4 games and then gets hurt for 2, at that point you can't let his injuries and waiting for him to hijack your season.

Rasheed1 02-11-2013 08:38 PM

Re: Vick restructures, 1 year deal
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
Why? QB's don't have that much of an effect on winning and losing. You can keep Romo forever. He is a proven...(um can't say winner because that's unimportant) asset who will um....assist the Cowboys in allowing his teammates to win or lose which his impact on is minimal. :lol

Thinking more the Vick thing, i get it but the problem is if Vick plays well 4 games and then gets hurt for 2, at that point you can't let his injuries and waiting for him to hijack your season.



I actually hear you on the Vick logic... But it all depends on how they use him... Just like every other weapon in the Eagle offense. Vick does still have some wheels and a gun for an arm, so its at least a chance that he could be a nice fit.. If they use the run game and not try to have Vick throw 50 times a game? he may not get hurt... Same for Foles. I like Nick, he is nice and young.. He can still be a very good qb IMO if they use a quick offense... Utilize your weapons (shady & the rook). Maybe Vick doesnt fit, but the idea is worth a look. Im like State prop... Im more concerned about the defense. I hope they can get that straightened out..

JMT 02-14-2013 04:53 PM

Re: Vick restructures, 1 year deal
 
Just signed Dennis Dixon, who will beat Vick out in camp to win the starting QB job, to a two year deal.

knickballer 02-14-2013 05:15 PM

Re: Vick restructures, 1 year deal
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMT
Just signed Dennis Dixon, who will beat Vick out in camp to win the starting QB job, to a two year deal.


lol, I doubt that.. People usually overrate the shit out of these unknown gimmick QB's, there's been countless examples of them over the years for them to only end up out of the NFL their 3rd or 4th seasons.

-p.tiddy- 02-14-2013 05:27 PM

Re: Vick restructures, 1 year deal
 
If the Eagles were smart they would just start Dixon...there is a chance he is something

I feel like there is no chance with Vick given his inability to stay healthy as well as his decline in passer rating over the last 3 years...so why bother?

Eagles team could win a SB with Vick if maybe he had an elite SF type D around him...that's the only way it's possible I feel, and Philly doesn't have that

StateProperty 02-14-2013 05:44 PM

Re: Vick restructures, 1 year deal
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
If the Eagles were smart they would just start Dixon...there is a chance he is something

I feel like there is no chance with Vick given his inability to stay healthy as well as his decline in passer rating over the last 3 years...so why bother?

Eagles team could win a SB with Vick if maybe he had an elite SF type D around him...that's the only way it's possible I feel, and Philly doesn't have that

So Vick is good enough to win with an elite D, but since they don't have that they would be smart to start the guy who can't get off an NFL practice squad.

Almost makes too much sense.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy